WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default HOMELAND: A Showtime Original Series

Is anyone watching this?

I heard about it kinda late in the game, right before the premiere so I figured I'd give it a try. I am totally hooked and have been basically from the beginning. I've never been a huge fan of Claire Danes but I like her in this show.

After the shocking reveal in the most recent episode, I'm a little nervous. I might start to get ridiculous but I'll reserve judgment until they explain it.

The show was recently renewed for a second season so I'm curious to see where they go with it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Is a horrible poster.
WWE Diva's Champion

This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...This Is My Name Thank You is looking to come up from OCW...

I will be watching the first season as soon as I can download it. It looks pretty damn good from the previews I have seen. It seems to have an interesting concept behind it, so it seems to be a good watch. I dig the whole idea of the American turn traitor. It is also good that the got renewed for a season 2 since I will have something to watch after I finishing watching the next season of True Blood.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 PM
WZ's Dark Knight

Captain Mike is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Captain Mike Send a message via MSN to Captain Mike

It comes on over here next year and is one of the shows I am really looking forward to seeing. The premise looks to be very thought provoking and like it will be a very twisted and suspenseful thriller of a show...

Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
arrogant bastard
WWE Diva's Champion

bigbootydaddyV is looking to come up from OCW...bigbootydaddyV is looking to come up from OCW...

i have been watching it and it's a very good show. I'm not quite sure how many seasons they can pump out of it, but if they keep it short it could be a very good show. There was another show on Showtime that was similar, I can't remember the name of it now, but it stars the dude from Barbershop, it got cancelled I think, but it had a great 2 seasons (catch it on netflix). I hope this show gets a good run and a clean ending, it could go down as a great one.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

Kinda surprised how little love this show is getting. It cleaned up at some awards ceremony recently (forgive me — I couldn't give less of a fuck about awards, so the exact name escapes me at the moment) — you'd think there'd be a little more support behind it on a forum like this, no?

Brody doesn't seem to have what it takes to pull off the double agent duty at all. Seems like he's already cracking under minor pressure, let alone what is likely to build as Abu Nazir's actual threat looms closer and closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Ambassador of the Grind
WWE Women's Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Been trying to check out Homeland since last year. Can't afford the extra cost of Showtime, and gave up looking for torrents. Got the first season on my wish list on Amazon, so it's a waiting game for me.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I really like the show so far. I was unaware of it and discovered it about a month ago when I needed something new to watch. I generally would not like a show like this given what it is about, as I would normally avoid shows like this one completely; but something about it made me want to see more. It's very well done. The story is interesting, it has decent actors, and it leaves you with plenty of unanswered questions. That's enough for me to keep watching. I'm still getting caught up through the first season and then I will get into the new ones. I like what I've seen up until this point and have become a fan. We need more shows as good as this one nowadays....

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown View Post
Been trying to check out Homeland since last year. Can't afford the extra cost of Showtime, and gave up looking for torrents. Got the first season on my wish list on Amazon, so it's a waiting game for me.
I believe you can probably watch old episodes on Sho.com, but don't quote me on that – I'm not entirely sure.

It's absolutely worth watching though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I really like the show so far. I was unaware of it and discovered it about a month ago when I needed something new to watch. I generally would not like a show like this given what it is about, as I would normally avoid shows like this one completely; but something about it made me want to see more. It's very well done. The story is interesting, it has decent actors, and it leaves you with plenty of unanswered questions. That's enough for me to keep watching. I'm still getting caught up through the first season and then I will get into the new ones. I like what I've seen up until this point and have become a fan. We need more shows as good as this one nowadays....
In terms of what—the theme of the show, or the writing, acting and directing? If the answer is the latter, I could provide you with a short list of additional programming to pad out your DVR, no problem (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire to name a few...), but if it's the former, good luck, because truly memorable, effective and remarkable political thriller writing is few and far between because there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to pick from to write new programs. One of the biggest reasons Homeland is so successful is because Howard Gordon—the producer of 24—is helping to produce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
In terms of what—the theme of the show, or the writing, acting and directing? If the answer is the latter, I could provide you with a short list of additional programming to pad out your DVR, no problem (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire to name a few...), but if it's the former, good luck, because truly memorable, effective and remarkable political thriller writing is few and far between because there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to pick from to write new programs. One of the biggest reasons Homeland is so successful is because Howard Gordon—the producer of 24—is helping to produce it.
The way it has been developed. Not the theme. I am normally not interested in shows with political themes at all. I normally lean more toward comedy shows. I do like some thrillers here and there, just not normally anything political and I did find myself enjoying this show. The way Homeland has been written and put together is so well done that the story makes up for the fact that it's about a government organization or terrorism issues, both of which often have quickly made me avoid other television programs entirely after the first episode or two. I'd certainly be up for giving those you listed and other shows that you might recommend a try. If Howard Gordon is involved then the higher quality makes sense, people still talk about 24 for a reason. I liked what I saw of 24 too, despite its theme. I never did finish that series either.... I'll have to get caught up at some point.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
Old 11-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Global Moderator
Ring of Honor Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

As much as I hated the Season Finale to Season 1, I have to say that this past episode was easily the worst episode in the show's history.

First of all, the Dana storyline has been a complete waste of time. That kind of shit belongs on a show like One Tree Hill, not a show about Homeland Security. And I don't get how Brody not being able to take Dana to the police station is what finally makes him "snap."

And then the relationship with Carrie and Brody bugs the hell out of me. If I knew for sure knew Carrie was playing him I'd be fine with it, but all signs are pointing at her being back in love with the guy. I just... don't like it.

Hopefully the Brody/Nazir meeting gets the show back on track and leads to some fascinating stuff.