WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Is Smackdown the WWE's B-show or better show?
B-Show 14 56.00%
Better Show 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Personal friend of Rosebud Rabbit
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBsam31 View Post
I also think Smackdown is the B show, but that doesn't mean it isn't better at times.
True. There are weeks the writing and planning on Smackdown are put together so slickly that the whole episode has a flow that Raw often lacks, given the amount of plot-building and star-building the Monday show needs to do. With Raw, the flow sometimes ebbs as one of the big stars takes to the microphone or has a backstage segment to put across. It's often: "Hey, it's time to stop the action and listen to Punk talk for awhile." Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's the way Raw is formulated, but it sometimes makes the show "choppy" and prevents the program from coming across as a cohesive whole.

Not that Smackdown doesn't occasionally fall into the same trap. Some weeks, it presents as a bunch of matches and in-ring talking spots tossed together to make a 2-hour program. But Smackdown, as a rule, is less star-oriented and more attuned to providing us with wrestling matches. When Randy Orton does talk, it's more brief and to the point than when Punk or Cena do it. When Sheamus speaks, he doesn't philosophize; he trumpets what he's going to do in a few short sentences......then goes out and does it.

Raw will always be the main show because the biggest jolts in plotline occur there and the biggest stars make the biggest impact, but when Smackdown is on the money, it's sometimes the superior show.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

I would have to give the edge to Raw but letís face it they both could do a hell of a lot better. One does good the other doesnít. One is great one week horrible the next. Problem is one has a lot of stories and segments and the other has none. So one has good segments and one doesnít. But one has too many and the other as too few. So itís like a pick your poison type of thing. But to say one is way better than the other I wouldnít but Raw I think gets the slight edge.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Future Endeavored

Artemis Paradox is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Artemis Paradox

Smackdown is easily the B-show. It gets over RAW on occasional weeks, but there isn't as much effort put into it as RAW. The better angles, promos, and matches are on RAW, and there really isn't much to add to that. RAW has been the flagship show over SD for as long as I can remember, and that probably won't change.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

Raw is the flagship show. It was the first one. It was the one that was embroiled in the Monday Night Wars against Nitro. Without it there would be no Smackdown.

However, for a time Smackdown was the better of the two shows. It wasn't even close.
It was sad how SD was kicking Raw's ass in terms of entertainment value. The storylines were better, the talent made better use of their tv time by delivering better matches, even though they were supposedly 'less talented' than Raw talent. I 'd skim through Raw but would never dream of missing Smackdown. Performers would do great things on SD only to go to Raw struggle and be released. It seems for some reason WWE just hated it when SD was being enjoyed and didn't want that talent roster to continue on SD to win over the crowd, which is just so mind blowing to me.

Today both shows are struggling but I have to admit that Raw was the first show and WWE management seem to consider it their A show, even though SD clearly proved otherwise most of the time.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
ROH Pure Champion

Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...

Obviously, it is the B show, but I always say this, If you want entertainment, then watch Raw.. But if you want wrestling, watch Smackdown..

Smackdown always produces quality matches and has done over the past 10 years.. On Raw they always like to continue storylines with in-ring segments however Smackdown lets them fight, e.g. Orton and Christian put on some great matches a couple of years ago..
Just when you think you got all the answers....I change the questions...GENIUS!!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 AM

WallsofZakku is looking to come up from OCW...

Raw is the A show when compared to SmackDown.
though back in 2003-2005 SmackDown in my opinion was the A show having great athletes like Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero, The Cruiserweight division and provided great weekly episodes and good PPV's. but now due to lack of roster depth in todays WWE and all the effort is put into Raw, SmackDown will forever remain the B-show.
sendpm.gif