WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

Flair should be the new Classy Freddie Blassie. Not sure how many of you remember Blassie back in the 80s, but Blassie was fantastic at getting heels over and giving faces a storyline reason to start a new feud (Blassie would use his 'stable' to get after the main event faces). I remember Blassie managing Hogan when he was a heel, and that was one of the main reasons I had my eye on Hogan to begin with.

Flair has a great mind for the business and he's seen it all. I'm sure he can provide an impact behind the scenes as well, assisting agents and working on storylines. Does Flair take this logical step? Nobody really knows. But I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing Ric Flair manage some of the up-and-coming heels, like Dolph Ziggler or even Antonio Cesaro. Not a bad idea at all.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Flair reportedly never had problems with WWE in either stint with the company. Certainly when it came to no shows Flair was as reliable as they come and certainly has shown he'll "take one for the team" storyline wise, both in WWE & WCW. As far as non wrestlers, IE guys who cant wrestle regular matches but are well known personalities, its hard to think of anyone who would excite fans more in a return than Flair except Austin.

Flair reportedly got along well with younger talent in WWE as well as veterans like Taker. Being a money maker, good past with the company, respected by guys like Taker, not too mention Triple H, Cena, & HBK, there is no doubt WWE would have taken Flair back already if not for TNA lawsuit.

In retrospect, Flair never should have left. He turned down a $500,000 per year contract extension a few months after WM24 because he wanted more freedom to make outside appearances (WWE had prevented Flair from appearing at a wrestling convention because they didnt want Flair's appearance being filmed and marketed on DVD). WWE wanted Flair available for "on screen" work as storylines became available, using him for PR functions like autograph signings, television conventions, etc in the mean time. It was a great deal, especially since WWE likely would not have stopped Flair from working for the NC State Lottery or promoting energy drinks for Coke (the only major endorsement work he's had since leaving the WWE Universe). I doubt Flair as an on air character would have significantly helped stop the current ratings slide, although if used properly he certainly would help.

Finally, while die hard wrestling fans online may know Flair was in TNA, average wrestling fans dont. TNA does not have half the audience WCW had in its worst days, when Flair was in WWE circa 91-92. To average fans, most barely know TNA exists let alone Flair briefly appeared there. It wouldnt hinder WWE's willingness to bring him back. I know watching WM this past year everyone I was with asked where Flair had been when he appeared during the broadcast with other HOF Inductees. No one remembered seeing him since he returned for WM25. TNA just doesnt matter.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 AM

Max_Power is looking to come up from OCW...

As mentioned above, Flair is a respected and iconic member of the wrestling industry. He has a great history with the WWE and is, as far as many are aware, on good terms with the company and is admired and respected by other veterans like Taker, Triple H, HBK and Austin as well as guys like Cena and Orton. He is a great personality and someone who would be extremely over with the crowd. He's also very versatile and, as mentioned by FlairFan2003, is willing to 'take one for the team'.

He could be used in many ways by the WWE. Off air roles such as in WWE home movies, public appearances or as an ambassador. He would definitely be a very good General Manager because he is someone with personality, swagger, good mic skills, ability to connect with fans and, most importantly, a history with many wrestlers. I honestly believe Vickie is being used while they wait for the lawsuit from TNA to be over. Finally, use him as a manager. Most people want him to manage Ziggler and, when you think about, it would make perfect sense if they wanted to kick start his face/World Title run. No better way to get over as a face than to (a) ditch Vickie Guerrero and (b) align yourself with the Nature Boy. It would also make sense if they feud him with Orton seeing as though Orton and Flair have plenty of history.

So basically I think Ric Flair returning would be of a massive benefit to the WWE. No matter what role he would be placed in, he would make an impact and create a buzz.

Check out how I'd book the road to WrestleMania 29!

CLICK HERE!!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Upgrayedd is looking to come up from OCW...Upgrayedd is looking to come up from OCW...

He'd be awesome as the GM again or a manager for Dolph Ziggler. I'd love to see him paired with Dolph. They could take a page out of TNA's book and have Ziggler dress like him and party with him only it would be a thousand times more believable than AJ Styles trying to act like the Nature Boy.

Flair was entertaining as a GM for the WWE in 2001/2002. That would be fun seeing him back in that role too. Just as long as he doesn't wrestle again. But he's too good not to have him return in a GM or manager role. He can still cut great promos and help out.
sendpm.gif