WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

legendkiller1979 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm going to go at this from a different direction. The question isn't who deserved to be champion but who should have been champion. From a business standpoint the answer is Rowdy Roddy Piper. There may not have been anyone more hated than Piper was in 1985. It could have drawn huge numbers having Piper win the belt and drop it back to Hogan.

I agree with every person mentioned by others. But of the ones mentioned, Piper would have drawn the most money. I know he wouldn't have had a very long reign. He would have won it just to drop it back to Hogan. But what a good way to get him even more heat at the height of wrestling popularity.

With that said, it would have been interesting. By Wrestlemania 2, Piper was still a top heel in the company, but he was being cheered. Putting the belt on him may have backfired. But if they would have done it soon after Wrestlemania 1, it could have been huge.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM

bobdoorag is looking to come up from OCW...

Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. He had the Million Dollar Belt so they didn't have to put the strap on him. He was worthy with the great career that he had. He had all of the componets that made him a great superstar, he could talk, he could shoot, he simply knew how to work. Ravishing Rick Rude, Curt Henning, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, hell even the Funks, Terry or Dory Jr, Kerry Von Erich and many others could have been the man if they were given the chance.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...Da Solo is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Da Solo

There is no good reason why Booker T wasn't WWE champion. He had the look, was legendary in the ring, versatile as a character and great on the mic. The only thing against him was that 1. He was a WCW guy, which Vince can't stand, and 2. Most of his WWE title shots involved HHH, and I'm not even going to begin to rant on WM 19. They kind of owned up to it by giving King Booker the WHC, but it will never amount to being the same.

Ricky Steamboat also should have been the WWE champion and, just like Booker's case, there really is no good reason why he never got it.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

When this thread comes up The Million Dollar Man is always the first person to come to my mind. He was a guy that was really easy to hate. I loved the skits he would do, and in the one he kicked the ball away from the kid who was dribbling it for money. I believe a young RVD even participated in one of those segments. He even tried to buy the title. He just played the heel role perfectly, and I always thought he and Savage should have feuded after Savage beat him in the finals of the Wrestlemania 4 tournament. I think he easily could have had a short run in that time. Mr. Perfect is a very very close second for me.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 PM

duxdelrio is looking to come up from OCW...

I believe Mr. Perfect should have been WWE champion. He was a much better wrestler than Hogan or the Warrior, and almost as good as Savage. Also, with impressive victories over the Red Rooster, Hillbilly Jim, Tito Santana and Hercules, he was more than deserving of a title run.