WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Killjoy's Avatar
Killjoy Killjoy is offline
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA via Southwest, PR
Age: 23
Posts: 3,202
Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
This cannot possibly be anything good. It's bad enough that they made one of their best heels into a face, but now he may be entering an angle with BROOKE HOGAN!? Things like this are why people constantly bash TNA. I like them a lot as a federation and have enjoyed their product for the better part of the past decade. With that being said, I'm disgusted by the fact that they have Brooke involved in ANY way shape or form. She has no talent whatsoever and is only there due to having a father who is a legend among legends in wrestling. I'm rather disappointed and unfortunately cannot offer anything but negative speculation on this topic.
Stop and think, will you dude? First of all, Ray is a babyface by popularity. He's still the same jerk we know. He's the same as Orton or CM Punk was last year. As for Brooke, she's no Garret Bischoff. Reason enough to think there's something positive to her. She's not on TV all the time. Thrirdly, how the hell could you think Bully Ray carrying around Hulk Hogan's daughter as personal eye candy isn't worth speculation?

Quote:
Whatever angle may be planned between Brooke and Ray, I hope that TNA cancel it immediately before we end up with something like Claire Lynch again.
I'm afraid you're too late. Tune in to Raw.

Quote:
Bully Ray deserves better. No one deserves to have to work an angle with Brooke. NO ONE. Not even Eric Young, who my intense dislike for isn't exactly a secret around these parts. I fear that this will be both terrible in quality and incredibly annoying, just because Brooke herself is involved. I don't care what Ray may have promised Hulk within kayfabe in this angle. I truly don't. TNA needs to end this before it goes any further, and while we're on the topic they need to remove Brooke as an onscreen character as well. If she wants to work with TNA in some format due to having grown up around the business with her dad and legitimately wanting to help, that's fine, but she has no talent and I don't want TNA to waste their fans' time by having her involved in angles that could just as easily go to Knockouts like Madison or Tara who actually HAVE talent.
Wow is that bold part an oxymoron or what. Come on. Just what business would any other female have hanging around with Bully Ray? You're jumping the gun. Badly. Any reason not to have Bully Ray walk around with Hogan's daughter to finally get his approval?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
sendpm.gif
  #12  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is offline
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 6,521
Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killjoy View Post
Stop and think, will you dude? First of all, Ray is a babyface by popularity. He's still the same jerk we know. He's the same as Orton or CM Punk was last year. As for Brooke, she's no Garret Bischoff. Reason enough to think there's something positive to her. She's not on TV all the time. Thrirdly, how the hell could you think Bully Ray carrying around Hulk Hogan's daughter as personal eye candy isn't worth speculation?
Bully Ray portraying a face persona just doesn't seem to fit right to me. Popular or not. Heels can be popular and remain heels if the marks think they do a great job and the casual fans have reason to hate them. Bully Ray being a heel and still being "the same jerk we love to hate" doesn't work the way that Orton and Punk did when they turned. Countless fans prefer Orton's Legend Killer days to his face persona. Punk may still be similar to how he was when he turned due to popularity, but it worked for him. I see Ray ending up more like Orton. He can't be the true form of Bully Ray and be a face, much like how Orton couldn't be The Legend Killer and be a face.

Brooke may not be forced on the fans the way they tried to with Garrett Bischoff, but as much as he sucks he still has some minimal talent in what he does. I cannot stand Brooke and detest the fact that she has achieved what she has in her "career". If her last name was not Hogan then I guarantee you she would never have gotten anywhere as an "actress" or a "singer", let alone an onscreen wrestling personality. I placed the titles in quotes for a reason. She's unattractive, annoying, and most important of all.... untalented. Ray being seen with her isn't worth speculation, at least not to me. Mainly because I don't want her onscreen at all. Ever. Any attempt she makes at doing anything onscreen is a waste of everyone's time. If they wanted to run an angle where a child of Hogan's was involved they could just as easily have hired someone to play a different daughter who exists within kayfabe. That way the angle can still happen if they insist on running it, and without Brooke's involvement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killjoy View Post
I'm afraid you're too late. Tune in to Raw.
Sounds like you're admitting that it will in fact be as cringe-worthy as Claire Lynch. I watch Raw regardless, and it will take more than Brooke working this angle to get me to walk away from my TNA fandom after I have watched them for almost a decade. Now if she won the Knockouts Championship I might begin considering walking away. Even then, I could just boycott Knockout matches until she loses the belt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killjoy View Post
Wow is that bold part an oxymoron or what. Come on. Just what business would any other female have hanging around with Bully Ray? You're jumping the gun. Badly. Any reason not to have Bully Ray walk around with Hogan's daughter to finally get his approval?
There could be any number of reasons for why the other ladies might be interacting with Bully Ray. They might need protection from Aces & Eights, being the one that makes the most sense. As for reasons to not have Bully Ray walk around with Hogan's daughter to get his approval? He should have remained a heel and not given a crap about his approval ratings. Then he'd just want to kick others' asses and enjoy doing so. If he needed to work with Hogan's daughter in a storyline it's not like they couldn't make up another daughter and hire someone else to portray her. TNA have run strange angles in the past, they can get away with it. It comes down to my dislike of Brooke and the fact that it's unfair of them to waste their fans' time due to her having the last name that she does. I'll try to give it a chance to see what happens, but the moment it gets stupid (which seems likely at this point) I might decide to just sit this one out. There's plenty of other angles going on.
__________________



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
  #13  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Little Jerry Lawler's Avatar
Little Jerry Lawler Little Jerry Lawler is offline
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mississippi
Age: 26
Posts: 3,792
Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler
Default

babycrying.jpeg

I shall dub Dagger the King of Hyperbole. You detest what she has done in her career? I never seen her act and I've heard one of her songs a long time ago. Is she a critically acclaimed actress or musician? I don't think she is so why would you detest her? Seems like someone's horse is a tad too high. I have no problem what she does in TNA since she doesn't do much. She's only on screen for like two or three minutes a episode so I have no problem with it, but I'm not surprised you do.

I'll side with Killjoy on this one. Brooke maybe is just the key for Bully Ray to finally get Hogan's approval. I certainly won't go to the ridiculous levels you have. I shudder to think if you were Brooke Hogan's high school guidance counselor. You probably would advise her to changer her last name.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #14  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar
Cereal Killer Cereal Killer is offline
The Money Team
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peterborough, England
Age: 16
Posts: 300
Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...Cereal Killer is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I haven't got a clue what was going on but there but I am not looking forward to this. It's could turn out to be another AJ Styles and Claire Lynch or just a simple/ridiculous Madison Rayne and Earl Hebner story-line. Hopefully they've picked up from the mistakes though.

I disagree with the fellow that said it could have been a mistake, I'm sure they would have known and the camera man would have told them.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #15  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 PM
SpecialFNK's Avatar
SpecialFNK SpecialFNK is offline
Registered User
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,003
SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

this is an angle, and not a mistake.
I would like to give TNA a chance with this and see where it goes, but I'm not holding my breathe.
I don't really get it at this time though. Bully has been going through a change in the last few weeks, becoming more of a face. so now just as he is becoming face, he is put in an angle where he is romantically involved with the bosses daughter? it would be better if Bully was still a heel and Hulk wasn't going to approve. not that hulk would approve of a face Bully anyway, but this just seem like a face move.
and an angle where Brooke is romantically involved with Bubba Ray? he's not what I would expect to be her type at all.
sendpm.gif
  #16  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Tesla Tank's Avatar
Tesla Tank Tesla Tank is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
Tesla Tank is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Brooke Hogan is a sight for sore eyes (ears?) after being subjected to Karen Jarrett for as long as we were.

As for this angle, they're both faces, and I think they'll remain that way. But it's really too early to speculate where it's going. Perhaps it's just another reason for Hogan not to trust the Bully.
sendpm.gif
  #17  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Danger Burger's Avatar
Danger Burger Danger Burger is offline
Thread Killer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 331
Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Wait, is this discussion about some passing glance rather than the Tara and whoever walking on on the two of the on the couch??

Seems something's up, and its not just bully (wahey) I have no problem with it anyway, first time in a while me and my housemates all jumped and went "WHOAH!!!" in a long while!! Lets see where it goes from here, cause I have no clue!!
__________________
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
WrestleZone.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.