WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 PM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Should the WWE sign Jake "The Snake" Roberts to a WWE legends contract?

Jake "The Snake" Roberts: One of the most evil wrestling stars in history. A true legend. He was one of the few who were "number two" after Hulk Hogan reigning as number one in the 1980's WWF/E. The last time the WWE universe saw Jake "the Snake" in the WWE was in 2005 on RAW on a segment of Chris Jericho's "highlight reel" with Randy Orton. Where Roberts & Orton mixed it up before Orton hit the RKO on Jake.

So the WWE has been without Jake "the Snake" Roberts for seven years. Now even with Jake's legal problems & woes. Can the WWE find a way to bring Jake Roberts back in the company, like signing him to a legends deal? Jake "the Snake" has alot of wrestling knowledge, passion, and heart. He could make for a great trainer or a scout like Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Kevin Nash or somebody down in NXT.

So should the WWE sign Jake "The Snake" Roberts to a WWE legends contract?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

boozinjedi is looking to come up from OCW...

Hell yes!!

He never had the size or strength of some/most of his day..
BUT his mic work/ring pyschology more than made up for it,

He made you believe he was truly one evil mother fucker!!

He could help the long,LONG list of those that suck on mic at this time
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM

Meatsim009 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes, but I think that Jake needs to get a few things right in his life. Once he realises that his career as an active wrestler is over, and he gets clean, and he's open to imparting his knowledge to the younger set with no hidden agendas, then yes, sign him up. Until then, I think the baggage and risk far outweighs any potential upside to his signing.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 AM

Jaffa is looking to come up from OCW...Jaffa is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they should if they can have that dropkick Sean Waltman scout talent and work for them then I think Jake Roberts would be great in scouting and developmental.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 AM

Tony_Soprano is looking to come up from OCW...

I think he would be better training the young kids and scouting talent. He has one of the greatest minds for wrestling, and could also help to the writing team i believe.
In a perfect world, Jake and raven would be in charge of the development system in Tampa and help writing SmackDown and NXT.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 AM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't really know, I love Jake Roberts may be an hell of a talent, he was top notch at everything but he was never a fun guy to be around. Road Agents or Trainers have to be open guys, they need to be a good asset of role models and unfortunately Roberts isn't.

I for once wouldn't really mind it, but he would break down thanks to the travell and everything in it. I for once want Roberts to get clean, to retire, write a book and maybe maybe after that go one to teach some guys how to that awesome like he was back in the days.

Oww Roberts v. Steamboat - that DDT can't get out of my head!

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 05:25 AM
The Freight Train of Pain

ccotreau1 is looking to come up from OCW...ccotreau1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to ccotreau1

I think that Jake would be a huge asset. The guy may not have been the best wrestler in terms of movesets, yet the guy was a great thinking mans wrestler. Where a lot of the wrestlers today seem bland, Jake could help with that, work with some of the guys who are like him, who may not have the moveset, but have the mind to play games with people and how to perfect that side of the game the way Jake did
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Jake Roberts was one of my favorites when I was a kid. He didn't have an especially good look, didn't really have a good build, wasn't a great athlete but he had that intangible factor that can truly make a star. He had a kind of understated charisma that was kind of magnetic in my view. He didn't have to scream or shout, he didn't have to stomp around and flex his muscles or anything like that. All he had to do was look straight at the camera. The fact that he'd sometimes quote lines from great literary works sometimes in a menacing voice could give you chills.

Should WWE sign Jake Roberts to a Legends contract? As long as he doesn't really have to do anything, then sure. The problem is that a wrestlers or former wrestler is going to have to do something no matter what. Jake is someone that's not really all that reliable, as we all know. I don't know the status of his battles with addiction but, like Scott Hall, the guy is a time bomb waiting to go off. If WWE has no interest in hiring Jake because of unreliability and the worry that he's going to do something to humiliate the company, then I don't blame them one bit.

If he's someone that's got his shit together and has had his shit together for a good long while, then it'd be something worth looking into. Otherwise, the WWE is wise to stay as far from Jake as possible.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM

anvilx8 is looking to come up from OCW...

NO. I'm a huge jake roberts fan, but I don't feel like seeing and hearing wwe get the blame the next time Roberts gets some attention due to his drug use.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think it would be a good idea. They have already had released a DVD, toys and put him in a few video games. how much more can they do merchandise wise? He looked rough in his last appearances in WWE and TNA. He could barely cut a promo the last time he was on tv.
sendpm.gif