WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion

Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
The strikes are reset after the employee leaves and then rejoins WWE, aren't they? Wait here, I'm just going to check to see if it's mentioned in the wellness policy. Hmm. Can't find anything after a quick skim. Unfortunate. Maybe somebody could clear that up for us.
Allow me. They aren't. and if you're canned for a third strike you cannot be rehired for a period of at least 12 months and you're back to 2 strikes.

As for Jeff coming back to WWE, like most, I can't say I blame him if he wants to. It's just good business. Jeff is someone that WWE can make good money off of because of that weird charisma he has, and accordingly he'll make more money.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Galloway's gal forever
NWA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSilverTX View Post
Lol so..treat Jeff Hardy like a terrorist basicly?
No, but it seems appropriate to treat him as a man who's been unreliable in the past, not only in terms of his substance abuse while under contract, but that he said he'd be returning to WWE after taking time off; then proceeded to join the competition. Yes, before it's pointed out to me, he had a perfect right to do this, but before committing to this guy, WWE would have the brains to demand he commit to them by agreeing to adhere to certain policies, even if they are above and beyond what other employees have to stick to. If he doesn't like the stipulations, he doesn't have to sign the contract.

Can Jeff stay on the straight and narrow? The beauty here is that WWE can use TNA as a testing ground to see if Jeff can stay the course. He's already been (apparently) clean for nearly a year, right? WWE has been able to sit back and watch his progress, at no risk to themselves......taking him back only if they believe he can keep it up.

Of course, in addition to adding a popular performer to their arsenal, WWE might also consider bringing Jeff back because doing so would surely weaken their competition. If Jeff truly is selling more merchandise for TNA than anyone else, WWE is killing two birds with one stone by taking him away.

Due to all that, let's see if TNA allows it to happen. Getting into a bidding war with WWE is a fool's game, but TNA has shown they're well capable of making mistakes.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

does anyone know how much money TNA has to be able to offer Hardy? I have no idea, I'm asking, but I don't know if anyone else knows either.
I thought I had read somewhere not too long ago (2-3 months maybe) that TNA was tightening up money wise and not willing to spend like they did. I think it was something to do with Bruce Pritchard. maybe a reason why TNA didn't resign other talent, like Velvet Sky and maybe Devon.
Velvet is an interesting name. I imagine one of the top merchandise sellers for the Knockouts and very over with the fans being really popular, but of course we all know she was not resigned and is no longer there. if TNA is willing to lose Velvet from the Knockouts, what level would that put TNA on in regards to Jeff Hardy?
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM

The_Don is looking to come up from OCW...

Some people here seem like they haven't read the WWE Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy...whoever gets a 3rd strike isn't permanently terminated from WWE, he/she just gets fired and can't return for ONE year. Here's the proof (it's at the very bottom on section 15. Penalties):

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp

That's why I believe WWE is willing to take a risk with Orton, so why not Jeff Hardy? WWE can survive a year w/o them...
REPEAT
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I wear my underwear on the outside.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...BaconBits worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The WWE would absolutely want Jeff back if he became available. He's over like hell, regardless of company. He makes money, lots of it, in fact, and in the sports entertainment business that's all that matters.

Whether he's reliable or not. My guess is that his partying days are finally behind him and he'll be reliable.

Besides, as much as the WWE says that TNA isn't competition, they are. The lawsuit has got to get under Vince's skin, and if he has a chance to kick TNA's biggest leg from underneath them, he's going to do it, if only for the giant fuck you it would be.

What do I think is going to happen, though....

Jeff is going to sign the largest contract in the history of TNA.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

how do contracts work in wrestling, does anyone know? is it similar to sports? this situation with Jeff Hardy, it says his contract is up, early 2013. does that mean TNA will wait until then, and THEN talk about signing a new contract? or is this something where TNA can sign a contract extension with him around now? of course the contract extension if signed now wouldn't start until the older one has expired.

if TNA wants Jeff Hardy to be happy, lets say they are willing to give him a world title run. do they have him win the title at BFG and then hold onto it for months, until he signs a new contract? or do they wait until later in 2012/early 2013 to give him a world title run? he has a title match in October, still 3 months before the end of the year. so if he was to win the world title at BFG in October, could it then be likely he would remain world champion through October/November/December/January/February/plus?

if TNA is planning to give Jeff Hardy a world title run. this could be something they feel they need to do to make him happy and be more willing to sign a new contract. but is this what is really best for TNA?

I guess it depends on how things play out with Aces/Eights story line. right now there are more faces than heels, so it might be better to have a heel champion if it's going to be a lengthy title run, with multiple different opponents to beat. similar to what Bobby Roode did through 2011/2012. I think this worries me a little. could TNA plan on giving Jeff Hardy a lengthy title run (to make him happy/keep him happy) and in order to do that, turn him heel again? I don't think Hardy was that good as a heel, and hope that doesn't happen again. I don't think Hardy heel would be good for TNA.

just some thoughts.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 AM
IT happens!
WWE Women's Champion

IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...

Quite honestly, I don't think I'd ever want to see Jeff Hardy in WWE again. He proved with his numerous wellness violations that's he not capable of being a full-time performer. And with his incident @ Victory Road, he's revealed his weakness on a global stage. While everyone deserves a second chance, if Hardy cannot maintain himself with a much lighter TNA schedule, how can he hope to make it back with WWE? Besides, it's a win-win if Hardy stays with TNA; he gets time off occasionally and still remains relevent to wrestling. He helps the company grow and stays away from the eventual last screw up in WWE. TNA is just a better fit for Jeff Hardy and anyone who's paid attention to Jeff Hardy and his history recognizes that. Chances are if he went back to WWE, he'd be dead inside a year[if he made it that long].

Thanks to Mister Dela Cruz for the kickass banner!
sendpm.gif
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 AM

TheAllStarBlogger is looking to come up from OCW...

Hell yes, WWE would accept Hardy back, but on very light conditions. Hardy could sign a very similar deal to Rock's, Jericho's, or Lesnar's contract, just for less cash, Jeff needs money, sure, but not the money they get. Here's what would be the LOGICAL thing to do for both party's, sign Jeff to a similar contract to what HBK had, only show up at Raw's and PPV's, maybe the occasional Hometown NC House Show or an SD!. That would make it SO much easier for WWE and Hardy to make it work.

Jeff Hardy Vs CM Punk would be feud of the year, if it were re-lit, hands down. Hardy's contract with TNA expires January 2013 according to Matt's YT, which means Jeff would be cleared to return about Post-Wrestlemania time, which would be PERFECT. Sure, he wouldn't be on the big stage but here's a scenario, Punk defends his title successfully at WM 29 and then he has a match at Raw and defends successfully.

A week later, Punk and Heyman are cutting a cocky promo saying "I've defeated everyone, i'm the Best in the World", all of a sudden, the lights go out and "No More Words" hits, the crowd goes completely INSANE. Hardy comes out, goes completely insane on Punk with hit after hit and Punk and Heyman run away, that would be one of the greatest ways to re-lit a feud, that was ended 3 years ago. Hardy Vs Punk could keep going until Over The Limit or MITB, possibly Summerslam 2013, with some third party involved frequently, kind of like the Punk/Bryan/Kane issue.

Honestly, the drug problem is behind him now, he has a responsibility to provide for his wife and his child and be a good role model for his child. This is a good way to do it, stay sober as he has been and make a triumphant return to WWE.

I would also be very interested in seeing Kane Vs Hardy for the WWE Title, always wanted to see them feud.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

As a wrestling fan, I would be glad if Hardy left for the WWE.

Because first I think the WWE lack big time faces outside of Cena, he would be THE guy to challenge him for the spot. Especially with a heel Punk as champ, you bring Hardy back, his old rival, the only one that would be able to defeat and outsmart him. Set this up for Mania. And on the other side, I don't think Hardy ever fitted in TNA. TNA was always been a place for wrestlers and it's better when their roster are dominated by pure mat wrestlers. It's also better when it's an edgier product and having the kiddies chanting for Hardy screw it all up. Plus people like Dixie, Hogan, Bischoff, etc... have a tendency to want to push former WWE guys so it's better for guys like these to stay away of TNA as far as possible to prevent Hogan and Co to go back to these annoying instincts that they have. They did a great job all year to build Storm vs Roode up and it was well done, but at the first sign of trouble, they went back to their former WWE talent favoritism and picked Hardy for the main event for BFG. I cannot stand stuff like this and sooner Hardy, RVD and Anderson are gone, the better.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-20-2012, 06:27 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSilverTX View Post
Honestly, I could see WWE wanting him back just for the fact of the Political Campaigns. They could easily point out that 'they let Jeff Hardy leave' while he was under the influence of drugs, and only brought him back once he was 'clean and in good health again' as a way to show the WWE somehow encourages people to overcome their demons, or some bs. All in all, a CLEAN Jeff Hardy coming back to WWE = MONEY and Public Image for WWE. So all they have to lose is Jeff fucking up later on and being done with him for good after that for a few years at least.
He quit b4 they could test him again, and burned his bridges in the process. the old saying, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me, what's a third time equate to? WWE gave him everything to keep him in the spotlight and 3 times he couldn't handle the requirements of living upto the main event spotlight.

and no any mention of a drug user would be fuel for there fire no matter how petty it was, come on get serious you watch the news don't you, i mean we probably live in completely different countries but governments are goverments and elections are pretty much the same across the "western civilised" world. party A digs through dirt to find any tattles they can on party B, Party B counter tattles with any ammunition they can find or makes up crap about what the opposition will do if they are elected, right up until the election then people decide who's the lesser of two evils, very rarely is it about what they can do to fix issues.

and in Hardy's case they could likely just say it's there fault he got into that condition in the first place.

Anyway they don't need him as others said TNA needs all the help they can get and for some god knows reason he seems to be a draw there, in WWE he wouldn't be on the same level for a long time IMO

Last edited by GameOver : 09-20-2012 at 06:35 AM.