WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
Guys like Brodus Clay are the reason majority of people call wrestling "fake and stupid"

Guys like Brodus Clay are the reason Wrestling fans get a bad name.

If you guys like things like "funkasaurus" maybe you need to watch cartoons instead of Pro-Wrestling.
It doesn't take a guy like Brodus Clay to make people call wrestling this. People had been calling it that way before BC or any other "goofy" character came out. I'm sure when Bruno Sammartino was battling Larry Zbyszko, people still called it stupid.

It's wrestling. Every guy on the roster can be edgy and serious and the product will still be bashed.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

willross is looking to come up from OCW...

Currently there is no room for a dominate, serious big man. He atleast has a spot on TV. Not everyone can be a main eventer. There needs to be guys who work midcards, appeal to a certain demo. Wrestling is a circus, you gotta have a bit of everything, not just a bunch of elephants
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 11:27 AM

Not New 2 This is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestling needs different characters. Not everyone can look the same or act the same. If you havent noticed the crowds dont seem to hate him at all thats why he always gets a good pop. ... and I actually kinda like him. Your taking this fake fighting way to seriously. Relax and enjoy, if not then quit fucking watching.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 11:40 AM

HashtagHeel is looking to come up from OCW...

The crowd reactions are still there, so they aren't going to drop the gimmick anytime soon. Brodus Clay isn't too popular with the internet fans, because he doesn't "wrestle" and he is an entertainer more than he is a wrestler. However, all you have to do is listen to the live crowd, its working and he is over. It certainly has a shelf life though, and they will eventually have to drop the gimmick.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM

DrWilsonIPersume is looking to come up from OCW...

this whole "creation" is to test Brodus Clay the person, if that is his real name, i really do not care enough about him to look it up...

if he can make it thru this gimmick without quitting, they will reward him with a main event/title push 12-18 months from now...

just like ziggler with the spirt squad, only nobody thought it would be him, it was supposed to be kenny...i think...
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Strange things are happening to me

Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...

It's far from the worst idea. I'd actually call it a rather good idea. He's different, he's entertaining and he's over. To be fair the squash matches are getting a little old. I'd like to start seeing him in more competitive matches sooner rather than later, but I've got no problem with the Funkasaurus gimmick at all. It's better than the monster heel character everyone was expecting.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

the excuse is to make him something different so he stands out and to an extent it works. i mean look at Ryback - similar gimmick but he is beating jobbers where at least Clay is working with decent talent. but he runs the risk of being another Santino - so comic that no one can take him seriously. Wasn't that the plan with Eugene at one time - he was going to come in as a bit of a joke and then they would change him over to a more serious guy? and look how well that turned out. Mick Foley is a great example of how you need to be careful with the comedy - Mankind started out being serious and turned funny with Socko but even Foley said when it was time to retire, Cactus Jack needed to be the persona he used because Cactus wasn't funny and he didn't want to be remembered as the guy with the sock on his hand. Unfortunately for Clay, he doesn't have that other character to fall back on.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:42 PM

B.Ware is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLNWO4LIFE View Post
I actually feel that if you enjoy this joke of a wrestler, then something is seriously wrong. I am tired of hearing about a damn funkasaurus, I am tired of seeing this gay ripped off nitro girl dance.
I really don't understand the point you are trying to make here. So if I enjoy watching Brodus Clay then there's something wrong with me? I don't see anything gay in his gimmick, a man who dances with two smokin' women. I find your use of the word gay in this instance quite offensive.

I enjoy watching The Funkasaurus. The whole gimmick is fun and entertaining in my eyes. That's what pro wrestling is about isn't it? Wrestling would be a rather dull world without the outlandish characters such as Brodus.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:46 PM

fenfool is looking to come up from OCW...

He's a fun character, a nice change of pace. He does need to evolve, I will give you that...the act is getting stale, and needs to be changed up a bit in some way. And not in the selling for Miz for 3 and a half minutes way. I'd like to seem him in an actual program with someone. But no, this is not the worst idea today. Natalya's farting thing (is that still going on?), whatever it is they've done with Zack Ryder to kill his momentum, Drew MacIntyre...all much worse.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Deadlysyns is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Brodus Clay is just messed up i find it out of the time period no one cares about Funk anymore and his Gimmick is laughable. I understand a lot of people like it but i can't watch his matches or anything they just make me wonder why Funk. Funk is extinct and thats all there is to it. Now its time for the only Funkasaurus to go Extinct with that which he loves
sendpm.gif