WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why so much recaps of RAW?

WWE shows nearly 15-20 mins of recaps on other shows like Smackdown,Superstars and NXT which is really annoying.

They can have a match instead but they waste the time with recaps. Many people don't watch Smackdown because of this. They have already watched RAW then why WWE need to show it 10 more times.

Also nowadays they have started showing the recaps of RAW on RAW itself nearly 4 or 5 times. Anybody else hates this ?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Titty Novice
Undisputed WWE Champion

Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

This week on WrestleZone: Sam sucked CM Punk's cock, JGlass gave romantic advice to his various underlings, and a Lord Sidious return was teased!

I'm sure it can be rationalised, but it does irritate me. I'd rather we cut out the middle man and just invite Vince over to my house to give me Chinese burns or tweak my nipples at random intervals.

It's a cliché to say, "Oh, this is wasted time - it could be dedicated to this or that or those instead." I would rather Cody Rhodes have an extra five minutes to his match or Wade Barrett get an extra couple of minutes to cut a promo than see the same thing I've seen three or four times already though. Shocking, I know.

This week on WrestleZone: Sam sucked CM Punk's cock, JGlass gave romantic advice to his various underlings, and a Lord Sidious return was teased!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса on an in/out EU referendum View Post
Just see how many Poles, Russians and Lithuanians you can kill against the walls of your capital.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post

I'm sure it can be rationalised, but it does irritate me. I'd rather we cut out the middle man and just invite Vince over to my house to give me Chinese burns or tweak my nipples at random intervals.

It's a cliché to say, "Oh, this is wasted time - it could be dedicated to this or that or those instead." I would rather Cody Rhodes have an extra five minutes to his match or Wade Barrett get an extra couple of minutes to cut a promo than see the same thing I've seen three or four times already though. Shocking, I know.

Erm, what?

I live in the UK, and Smackdown every week has RAw re-caps and a Smackdown from the vault match very week, that probably eats away 20 minutes or so at least, Superstars has re-caps from Raw and Smackdown too if I remember. This cpuld be used for extra matches or longer matches. Afterburn and Bottom line are re-cap shows, not Smackdown.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Titty Novice
Undisputed WWE Champion

Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
Erm, what?
You clearly missed what happened in WrestleZone this week. Fortunately, I've prepared for just such a scenario:

Quote:
I live in the UK, and Smackdown every week has RAw re-caps and a Smackdown from the vault match very week, that probably eats away 20 minutes or so at least, Superstars has re-caps from Raw and Smackdown too if I remember. This cpuld be used for extra matches or longer matches. Afterburn and Bottom line are re-cap shows, not Smackdown.
You forgot Experience and, um, I'm sure there's a few others, each with a more generic name than the last. Of course, the rationale there is that Bottom Line and Afterburn don't have as large an audience as SmackDown, and so not enough people will know what's happened on Raw. Which would be like the Korean and Vietnamese wars rolled into one.

I do think less overt options could be the way to go though. I mean, if somebody wants to know what's happened on Raw the previous week, wouldn't a more efficient way be to have the commentators mention it, or, if they want to know that badly, just watch the highlights on WWE.com? I dunno. Maybe I'm being obtuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса on an in/out EU referendum View Post
Just see how many Poles, Russians and Lithuanians you can kill against the walls of your capital.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 10:37 AM
One more for the good guys

STILLNWO4LIFE is a member of the JOB SQUAD

WWE has this bad habit of trying to drive Raw down everyone's throats even though pretty much everybody has already seen it. That's what the DVR's are for WWE, we don't need a freaking recap every time we turn around. They have got to stop this, I already know a few people that have quit watching because of annoying side habits like this performed by the WWE.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 AM
WWE Historian

Zeedeevel is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Zeedeevel

Honestly I do not have a DVR and miss the first 20-30 mins of Raw because of work. I like the recaps on Raw because it shows me what I missed. Not everyone has a DVR and also not everyone gets to watch Raw. It is their flagship show so they want everyone to know the major stuff from it. I didnt even see the clip of Paul E. coming back until Smackdown. So lesson is kids just because it is not useful to you doesn't mean it isn't useful to others.

thanks to theo for the sig
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Kanomaniac is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree I hate recaps to when not needed and smackdown does not need raw recaps taking up 15mins of the show every week. smackdown needs to be its own show try and cast away from raw (even tho the brand split is all but over)...I live in the UK and I watch smackdown almost every friday so i dont dvr it much so it really annoys me to watch smackdown with raw recaps, from the vault matches, advert breaks every ten mins and awful backstage segments with teddy long(fire him already!!). Taking all that into account smackdown is probably no more than a 40minute show of wrestling sometimes less which is a shame.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

2 reasons - one is that RAW is the main show. Ever notice that if Smackdown starts to get too good, something stupid happens and pushes it back to 2nd place? it is the same reason why they will put a match on RAW that has 2 Smackdown stars in it. why not use that on Smackdown instead? they want to push RAW as "the show" so they recap it. the other reason is that they need to hammer in the angles they are pushing so people actually care. remember that Simpsons episode where Bart gets into a boy band but it is a secret way to get the people into the Navy? remember the three recruiting methods - liminal, subliminal and superliminal? this is the third. they pound you over the head until you care, or at least until you can't get it out of your head.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 01:50 PM

B.Ware is looking to come up from OCW...

The recaps don't really bother me, it's just a way to build more tension into a storyline and to drum it into people's heads what is going on. Not everybody who watches WWE can tune in every week. I'm pretty sure this isn't anything new either. Smackdown is and always has been the second show so I don't see the Raw recaps ending anytime soon.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Mexican Plate Lunch
Knockout Champion

The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Champ worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The reason I don't understand the recaps is that MORE people watch Raw than do SmackDown, and I don't think there are many people who just watch SmackDown and not Raw.

So, going by that, I would think it would be more logical to be reminding people what happened on SmackDown during Raw, as opposed to the other way around.

Which I guess they kind of do by having the SuperShows. But why not spend that SD time getting over some younger talent? Maybe give some time to some Raw guys who can't seem to catch a break on the constantly loaded A show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jericho
I trolled all of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <3ShieldGirl<3 View Post
You know you suck ass when Jericho won't even put you over.
sendpm.gif