WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 AM

thebromm is looking to come up from OCW...

Which of the 3 will reach the top first?

Easy answer. Lord Tensai. He's pretty much already breaking into the top ranks. He had a victory over John Cena and WWE Champion CM Punk. No, he will not stay there. It's not that he isn't trying, because he is. The fact is, very few care about him. That's not good for business. I predict Vince and WWE will pull the plug by mid to late summer unless he starts garnering some heat with the crowd. I've listened to numerous interviews with Vince McMahon and he says the sound he hears before all others is silence. If there is silence, something isn't working and MUST be dealt with.

Which will lose on TV first?

Again, sort of easy. Ryback is too fresh. They haven't given up just yet on Lord Tensai. Brodus Clay has been back since late December, early January and his opponents are getting tougher. He will lose very soon.

Will any of them become WWE/WH Champion?

Much tougher question. It is hard to say. I think Ryback has the best shot unless Tensai's character takes off. Brodus Clay is entertaining to a certain extent but his ring work just sucks. At least in my opinion. I like Tensai's work as a mauler, which he kind of always was but he hasn't yet garnered the heat required to become a World Champion. As far as Ryback, I will admit I haven't seen much of him. What I have seen leads me to believe that WWE managment really likes him a lot. I haven't heard him on the mic so I can not and will not judge that part.

Who do you like watching most?

Most may disagree and thats fine but I'd have to say Lord Tensai. He's a vicious sumbitch and he always was. When he returned and that crowd began chanting "Welcome Back" he stopped what he was doing and started looking around the crowd a little. Which tells me that he appreciated the fans thoughts that night and may have been a little emotional at the same time. Thats important to me. That they have some heart for the business. I'm not saying Brodus or Ryback do not, but as I said, Brodus' ring work sucks and I haven't seen much of Ryback.

*The Voice of the Voiceless*The Straight-Edge Savior*The Best in the WORLD*

CM PUNK!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 PM

12isthison is looking to come up from OCW...

Brodus Clay = No chance. I hate this guy. Complete joke. He should go to TNA where he could actually do something.
Albert/A-Train/Japanese Bloke = Short term thing until Johnny Ace leaves TV so he will not get to the top and he is also too old to really stay there long term. He will probably get a title shot due to the ongoing storyline with Johnny but apart from that nothing. From what I have seen of his (squash) matches I dont even like what he does in the ring. It all seems too mechanical and doesnt look as smooth as even the most overrated mid carder.
Ryback = Even though I havent really seen much of him and he is named after Steven Segal I think he has the look Vince likes and as long as he stays healthy and creative dont ruin him he could be the only one to have a chance to get a legitimate title run. I dont know what his mic skills are like but if they are not good he may need a Heyman type character to help him get over.

But ultimately I think none of them will ever get to the top and stay there. We have seen others get to the "top" and win championships and then simply disappear back into the mid card such as Miz & Swagger.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM

BenChillin is looking to come up from OCW...BenChillin is looking to come up from OCW...

Tensai is already in main events of Raw fighting champions.

The others are not. End topic.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Doubt it, bud.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...

In the long run: I hope it will be Ryback or Clay.

Clay has great charisma. But I can't see him being a "funkasaurus" main eventer. Therefore, they would have to drop the gimmick over the following year, making this a process.

Ryback needs to flash some mic skills and be able to connect with the crowd. I'd like to see him be interupted while doing a segment in the ring and be able to outwit the opposer, Punk or Cena-esque. That or turn him heel and have him really bash some stars.

Tensai...I am uncomfortable watching him wrestle. So quite frankly, I don't care if he's still with the WWE in six months or ot.

Vote Butcher Smizzy!

sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 PM

Born To Fly is looking to come up from OCW...

Which of these three do you think will reach the top?

If by top you mean main event, Tensai already got there when he faced John Cena. Out of the other two, I can see Ryback reaching it next.

Will they stay at the top if they get there?

I can only see Ryback maintaining his spot at the top. He just looks like the type of monster that could make it, plus his gimmick is growing on me. I'd prefer to see him have another finishing move, but other than that, it's all good.

Which one will lose on TV first?

Clay. WWE can only keep forcing Brodus Clay down out throats for so long.

Not in the near future, but if I had to peg one, it would be Ryback. He has more to work with than Clay or Tensai.

Who do you like watching the most out of the three or are they all boring?

Like I said before, Ryback is growing on me. I can't stand Clay more than three minutes at a time. Tensai is Albert and I can't get that out of my head.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 07:18 PM

The Average Guy is looking to come up from OCW...

Tensai's already pretty much at the top. Hes a major players in a John Cena feud and you'd have to imagine after this he'll get at least a title shot.

Even though he is not over with the fans, they're still pushing so the only real answer can be Tensai.

Clay and Ryback aren't even in legitamate storys right now.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM

nve316 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not sure if Clay will get pushed to the main event. Pretty sure WWE probably just considers him a comedy character now that he teams with Santino and Horny.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

Which of these three do you think will reach the top ?

Lord Tensai has already reached the top after beating John Cena and CM Punk. I personally don't care about Brodus Clay, but I guess he'll be sticking around the mid-card as his gimmick is too silly to be taken seriously. Ryback will eventually reach the top, but right now it's a slow and steady climb and I have no problem with it. I miss these kinds of builds. It's similar to Tatanka.

Will they stay at the top if they get there?

I think Ryback will stay at the top once he gets there, although things can change at any time.

Which one will lose on TV first?

Brodus Clay. And then Lord Tensai. One of these two will go before Ryback.

Nope. I just don't see it. I see Lord Tensai and Ryback getting title shots, but not winning. Call me old school, but I wish the WWE somehow reverted to the old days when a guy didn't need to win a World title to stay relevant in the main event. These days, 90% of the roster are former World Champions.

Who do you like watching the most out of the three or are they all boring?

I enjoy watching Lord Tensai. I know 95% of this board hates him, but I find him interesting. He looks more intimidating than when he was Prince Albert/A-Train and he looks more determined as if serious as hell in winning matches. Also, the fact that Lawler puts him over as having been dominant in Japan and the fact that he has WAS dominant in Japan as a Tag Team Champion just hands him more credibility. Ryback is also interesting with his cyborg gimmick where he's been programmed to break opponents. He plays it well. Brodus Clay? I don't find him enjoyable. He plays his gimmick well, but I'm tired of him squashing guys that he shouldn't be squashing.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...

Not even sure if Ryback is a face or heel. He hasn't done any promos yet so we can't tell from hearing him speak. he does win cleanly which screams face, but there is no reason why a heel can't win clean. I like this as Ryback can decide what is best for him with a hint of suprise. Imagine if for example Cena was in a match on Raw, and Ryback did a run in, and Clotheslined him out of his trainers? this could instantly turn him heel. Probably will never happen but a suprise like this could give a guy like Ryback a big push to the top.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM

jeritroll94 is looking to come up from OCW...

First Point - None of these guys will ever be a World Champion...Fact!!

Brodus Clay - Likely to lose first since he is facing mid-carders. When he first came back as the Funkasauras I remember laughing and was quite happy it wasn't a monster heel which there are too many of. He does remind me of Rikishi a bit which is good since he interacts with the fans and he isn't exactly boring. My favourite of the three.

Lord Tensai - This guy is likely to recieve a WWE Title match vs Punk soon. This is going to be his first defeat since his change in character. I really don't see what is so special about this re-package. He has a very similar move-set to Albert/A-Train apart from the mist attack which just rips off how Tajiri got over.

Ryback - At the moment I find him a boring personality but will give him a chance when he gets into a real feud. Beating local jobbers while the stars who should be on the show watch from a monitor (Drew McIntyre Especially) isn't going to make me believe he will be good.
sendpm.gif