WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-13-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm trailer park trash.
WWE Diva's Champion

trashboy is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceEvans View Post
There's just more reasons to have the two titles I mean the WHC is obviously the "B" title we all know that, but it's still useful as a means of building up superstars who are not yet ready for the WWE "A" title, plus it also gives wwe superstars something to feud with, just imagine no WHC title and a main event so crowded that only the top few draws would get a push.
yeah, but isn't that what the midcard titles are for, IC, US, whatever? They're used for guys that aren't quite ready for the world title. Then eventually those guys do jump up there and get that title.

They seriously do need to unify the belts. I've never been a fan of the two world titles, since it's one company, it only needs one world champ, one tag champs, and one women's champ. Luckily they've already unified the tag and women's titles. Now the world titles need it.

They can have the world champ go between each shows, if they keep the shows separated. Still keep the midcard titles for the people that aren't going for the world title just yet. There's plenty of belts to go around. Since there's been two world titles, too many people have become a world champ way too quickly.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 AM

BenChillin is looking to come up from OCW...

Jericho's obviously going to win, and he's going to feud with Sheamus.

They are not going to unify the titles.

Your imagination is not going to become a reality.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 AM
HaRDcOrE ChAMpiOn
Knockout Champion

DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...

It's a cluster fuck with two world titles, personally I'd like to have seen Punk/Bryan unify them, but realistically I could see Punk/Jericho or Sheamus/Punk and the winner dropping the belt(s) to Lesnar leading up to WrestleMania 29 with either Taker or Rock coming back to take the belts off the 'bully'.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Founder of the Kiss My Ass Club

vinnie mac is looking to come up from OCW...

Unifying the titles could be a great idea a) because it eliminates the cluster of two world titles and adds legitimacy back to the wwe title once more and b) because it would lead to greater importance being put on the midcard titles. Remember when the intercontinental title was highly coveted and taken seriously by the wwe? I for one would love to see a return to those days, hell it could even lead to this generations next collosal feud between two giant superstars such as the warrior hogan feud. Imagine the idea of someone like rhodes or ziggler coming after punk or bryan with the ic title to face them for the wwe title, with the feud culminating in a massve match at wrestlemania? It would be absolutly incredible, and i for one would definitly pay to watch this over another part timer mania.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Titty Novice
Undisputed WWE Champion

Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Uncle Sam is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

I have a question. A maths question.

Which is greater - one world champion or two world champions?

Of course, you can argue it's not that simple. Maybe a unified belt would be just that prestigious, would elevate its holder just that much more that it's preferable to two belts. But I just don't see it.

There might not be two brands anymore, in a strict sense, but I think there's still a deep enough roster for there to always be good competition for the belts. There's depths which WWE are yet to tap.

Bring back Bob Holly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTomsRiver View Post
When the woman you reference who has a deeper voice than Todd Grisham is doing commentary, I'll re-visit this topic.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't often get personal in my posts, but for everybody who wants to keep two World titles, you are all idiots.

In one wrestling company, there should only be one World champion.

In the Attitude Era, you didn't have Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mic Foley and Big Show going after the WWF Title and The Rock, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho going for the World Title. No, there was one champion. Yes WCW was around but it was like TNA is now, dire.

People say Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett would not get a chance to be a World champion if there was only one World title, please STFU!! A little title which used to be used for guys right on the cusp of the main event was the Intercontinental Title, a title that mian evented Wrestlemania 6 and Summerslam 92, a title that at times was considered more prestigious then the WWF title.

Dolph Zoggler right now is NOT WWE championship material. Cody Rhodes right now is not World champion material, and they don't need to be. With one title your main competitors would be CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio, Jericho, Sheamus and Del Rio would also not lose any steam going for the IC title in a division that should be headed by The Miz (someone else who could use that title to get some steam back), Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes, Big Show and Wade Barrett. Use the US title like the European title used to be used, for guys like Santino, Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Kofi (maybe cud go for IC belt too), R Truth, Tyson Kidd etc, the up and comers.

In a few years when CM Punk, John Cena, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton are winding down THEN Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes step up and become WWE Champion. At this time, would seeing Dolph Ziggler v Cody Rhodes for the WWE Title make you want to buy it, or would say CM Punk v Daniel Bryan sell tickets? CM Punk v Randy Orton? Randy Orton v John Cena? What is more likely to sell tickets at this time? If Rhodes, Barrett and Ziggler are built up properly then in a couple of years time they will be the big stars.

Look at Stone Cold, The Rock and Triple H. They were IC champions and/or King Of The Rings (save The Rock) a good couple of years before they went to the top of the tree. People nowadays want **INSERT FAVOURITE MIDCARDER** to be pushed ASAP, let the stars of tomorrow fine tune the skills needed to be the next big things before tomorrow comes. One WWE World title is EXACTLY what is needed now and I will fight anyone who disagrees
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM

RKO920 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
I don't often get personal in my posts, but for everybody who wants to keep two World titles, you are all idiots.

In one wrestling company, there should only be one World champion.

In the Attitude Era, you didn't have Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mic Foley and Big Show going after the WWF Title and The Rock, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho going for the World Title. No, there was one champion. Yes WCW was around but it was like TNA is now, dire.

People say Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett would not get a chance to be a World champion if there was only one World title, please STFU!! A little title which used to be used for guys right on the cusp of the main event was the Intercontinental Title, a title that mian evented Wrestlemania 6 and Summerslam 92, a title that at times was considered more prestigious then the WWF title.

Dolph Zoggler right now is NOT WWE championship material. Cody Rhodes right now is not World champion material, and they don't need to be. With one title your main competitors would be CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio, Jericho, Sheamus and Del Rio would also not lose any steam going for the IC title in a division that should be headed by The Miz (someone else who could use that title to get some steam back), Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes, Big Show and Wade Barrett. Use the US title like the European title used to be used, for guys like Santino, Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Kofi (maybe cud go for IC belt too), R Truth, Tyson Kidd etc, the up and comers.

In a few years when CM Punk, John Cena, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton are winding down THEN Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes step up and become WWE Champion. At this time, would seeing Dolph Ziggler v Cody Rhodes for the WWE Title make you want to buy it, or would say CM Punk v Daniel Bryan sell tickets? CM Punk v Randy Orton? Randy Orton v John Cena? What is more likely to sell tickets at this time? If Rhodes, Barrett and Ziggler are built up properly then in a couple of years time they will be the big stars.

Look at Stone Cold, The Rock and Triple H. They were IC champions and/or King Of The Rings (save The Rock) a good couple of years before they went to the top of the tree. People nowadays want **INSERT FAVOURITE MIDCARDER** to be pushed ASAP, let the stars of tomorrow fine tune the skills needed to be the next big things before tomorrow comes. One WWE World title is EXACTLY what is needed now and I will fight anyone who disagrees

Let's start with Wrestlemania 6, yes the main event had the IC Title in it but it was Ultimate Warrior (IC Champ) vs Hulk Hogan (WWE Champ) Title vs Title so while it was part of the match the grand prize was the WWE Title. Warrior didn't even keep the IC Title after he won the WWE Title. Summerslam 92 I will give you the title did main event that particular card, but only because Davy Boy Smith was in his home country taking on Bret Hart, if that match happened anywhere else in the world it would not have been the main event. It still would have been a great match but it wouldn't have had the same effect if it was in Newark, NJ as it did in England.

Ziggler may be the number 3 worker in ring in the WWE right now behind Punk and Bryan, he's great on the mic, and gets a reaction every time. I would much rather see him in the title picture over a guy like Del Rio or even Sheamus, who I do like but Ziggler has been around and taken the road to stardom.

Sure in the Attitude Era there were the main guys that all went after the WWE title, but that was a different time. When WCW was purchased and ECW was absorbed the roster became huge, in comparison to the Attitude Era it is still a very large roster. You need the second show and a second title to showcase all of these superstars. While the World Heavyweight Title may be considered the "B" title look at those who held it and tell me they are "B" superstars. Guys like Edge, Undertaker, Batista, Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton all have been World Heavyweight Champion. During a lot of those World Heavyweight Championship runs look who was WWE Champion. Guys like Eddie Guerrero, JBL, and Rob Van Dam. If there is no second title great wrestlers such as these do not even sniff the title picture and are stuck being midcarders for life and we may not speak of how great Eddie Guerrero was or how JBL had a long title run on Smackdown.

So while you may not like having a two title system in the long run it has helped build a lot of stars who otherwise may have never been heard from or if they did maybe years after their prime and missed out on some great matches.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Sausage Farmers
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Idiot is looking to come up from OCW...The Idiot is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
WWE should not unify the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship. Two world titles are better than one.

If they unify the titles many guys the IWC loves will never be World Champions.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that was a sarcastic post.

Not only do they need to unify the world titles, but they need to unify the IC and US titles as well. Something of this magnitude should happen at Mania. CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan. Of course if they bring Austin back for Mania then have the unification match at SummerSlam.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Y2J__Y2J is looking to come up from OCW...

I had a thought yesterday that Lesnar would somehow get involved in the WHC match and wins it, with Daniel Bryan beating Punk. It's a way to get a title on Lesnar (as he appears on Raw) and having a title on Bryan (he appears on Raw and Smackdown) without having Lesnar beat Punk.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
WWE should not unify the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship. Two world titles are better than one.
but what is the top title then? why should someone go for the wwe title over the world title? for that matter, why should someone go for the wwe/world title over the IC/US title? the titles have become watered down because the top title depends on who is being pushed - the person is important, not the title. that`s why we have number one contenders for each title that were challenging for the other one just a month ago. how does that make them important? so you can`t win one, no big deal - just challenge for the other one. unify the wwe and world title and leave the IC and US titles separate. it gives you one main title which is the best in the company and then a couple secondary ones for your up and commers and for your established guys to hold. it drove me nuts during the Orton/Rhodes feud that never once did Orton challenge him for the IC title. i thought the ultimate revenge was taking the title from someone. if that was the world title, there would have been match after match for it.

if you want to unify them, you need to make it a big deal and someone other than Cena, Orton, Jericho and Punk need to win it(a Del Rio or Sheamus, even Miz). these guys are established so winning the undisputed or unified title isn`t a big deal, just another credit on their resume. think back to when Jericho won. would it have been such a big deal if Rock or Austin won instead? best way to do it: make it a huge tournament. make some excuse to strip both champs of their titles (one is suspended, one is injured so they can not defend their titles) and then say because of this, the titles are being unified and there will be a huge tournament taking place over several weeks(the key word being several, not like that wwe title tournament when Punk left) where the ultimate winner will become the new champ. partway through you can bring the old champs back in and include them but have it so every match on both shows count - you win, you move on. it gives the illusion that anyone in the company can win and gives people a reason to watch a Ryder vs Santino type match. eventually you get down to just a couple guys and those two go for the unified title. simple, straightforward idea and you can get a lot of millage out of it. and it does not have to all be in tv. you could put a Punk vs Sheamus match on a ppv with the winner moving on. but in the end, being the unified champ is the goal, you do not need some over the top storyline that overshadows that.
sendpm.gif