WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Does NXT need a Championship?
Yes, it may help make the show interesting again 18 62.07%
No, it'll get cancelled soon enough 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
Million Dollar Champion

Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Msupporter View Post
better than Impact Wrestling right now).
typical wwe fanboy saying anything is better then impact wrestling even when the product is better the raw and smackdown just about every week.

back on topic....i wouldnt mind seeing a NXT championship if they dont plan on ending the show anytime soon it would give the guys on there something to fight for and might even make the show worth watching besides to see maxine.

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm trailer park trash.
WWE Diva's Champion

trashboy is looking to come up from OCW...

I say no because WWE already has enough titles. Why does a crappy show like NXT need one? Yes, I don't watch the show, I quit watching after like season 3 or 4. The only good thing about the show is Maxine anyway. I sure wish she'd get called to the main roster, so I can finally see her sexy ass.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

Low card championship = Good idea.

NXT exclusive championship = Terrible idea.

Quite a few of these guys already make appearances on RAW, SmackDown, and Superstars.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM

The London Brawler is looking to come up from OCW...

everybodies bashing nxt, instead of answering the original question "Does nxt need a championship" IMO NO!! but... they should have some type of win streak = raw or smackdown contract and have wrestlers built up that way??
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...

I like NXT for the most part. I don't think it needs a title, I just think it needs to do away with the cheesiness of the storylines. I like how it showcases lesser known talents, or talents that right now just don't fit on Raw or Smackdown. The matches on NXT also tend to be a little better than what you get on the two main shows, because overall you see better in-ring workers (even though some of them aren't the greatest all-around workers). The one change that they should probably do is drop "Redemption" from the title of the show/brand, especially since it looks like they are going to start using more FCW guys that might not have been on the NXT roster when it was a competition for the contract.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 PM

b the man is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes NXT needs a title. Especially now since they've given up on the idea of only one wrestler "winning" NXT and then going on to WWE. A title gives the superstars something to set their sights on and it makes the show more interesting as fans get to see who the champion is and who is going to challenge him. However, it is important that NXT has only one title at a time due to it's small roster size.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM
HBK for life

TheHeartbreakPunk is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that they should not only have a title, but have an incentive to go along with it. Something like if you hold the title for 3 months straight, then you get to move up to either raw or smackdown, and they get to pick a title shot of either the us or intercontinental championship. I think this would be a good way to make the show relevant again. Plus on the third time defending it, the match would be on a ppv, but not the first or second. It would be a good way to get them over with the fans, and have them already over by the time they move up to either raw or smackdown.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 PM

gdkeen is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the superstars on NXT (because...what rookies? Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu?) should compete for a contract to be number one contender for either the US or Intercontinental title.

They could do a contract ladder match twice a year at pay-per-views, just to give the young guys a chance to be seen, and the guys who have been veterans the occasional title shot.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 PM

gdkeen is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohns View Post
I like NXT for the most part. I don't think it needs a title, I just think it needs to do away with the cheesiness of the storylines. I like how it showcases lesser known talents, or talents that right now just don't fit on Raw or Smackdown. The matches on NXT also tend to be a little better than what you get on the two main shows, because overall you see better in-ring workers (even though some of them aren't the greatest all-around workers). The one change that they should probably do is drop "Redemption" from the title of the show/brand, especially since it looks like they are going to start using more FCW guys that might not have been on the NXT roster when it was a competition for the contract.
I have a theory that the storylines are overly cheesy because WWE wants to see the full range the young wrestlers have as actors. Like, they're just doing the most absurd storylines to see how well they could pull off something like that on Raw.

Same with the longer matches.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM

JP317 is looking to come up from OCW...

NXT seems fine as it is, I honestly don't see a need for a title. I do wonder how many of the people bashing it actually watch it though as it's a really fun hour, Bateman, Kaitlyn, Hawkins, Curtis, McGillicutty, Kidd, Striker and, of course, Regal are all really entertaining and at times NXT is the most enjoyable wrestling show on all week.
sendpm.gif