WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM

ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...

The tag titles don't need some massive, epic storyline to be relevant. All they need are two things:

1) Tag teams.
2) Tag team feuds.

Right now, and for quite a while, they have neither. The 'tag division' for the last two years has consisted of The Usos and one other team, usually holding the belts with no challengers before losing them to some random team. It really is about as low as it can get.

Now if there were four or five tag teams instead of two, you could start to build rivalries. If you gave them tv time for actual feuds, with promos and storylines, then the rivalries will generate interest in a title match. And build teams that has some chemistry and personality, not randomly assembled guys. Part of this is on the wrestlers themselves.

The OP is right about one thing - the most beneficial thing for the tag division at the moment would be a dominant heel team that held the belts off and on for the next year. I wouldn't waste Ziggler for this but Swagger's a great candidate. Make this team ruthless and hateable.

The Reks/Hawkins team is the current one with the most potential to make the division relevant. They're great together and effectively at being the kind of hateable punks you want to see lose at the next PPV.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
The Doctor Of Veganomics!!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...asiatic7 is looking to come up from OCW...

There are enough guys on the whole roster with really nothing to do (Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Drew McKinyre etc. you get the point). Why not pair some of these guys up and get at least two tag team matches on either show each week? They just signed Titus O'neil and Darren Young, they have the Usos, the Colons and the current tag champions. They(the machine) could really make things interesting again by implementing tournaments. They(the machine) could do what was done in the late 90's early 00's, TLC matches! That made the tag team division really interesting. This will also give a couple of young guys a chance to hone their skills until a star emerges from the division ala, Bret Hart, HBK, Jeff Hardy, Egde...You get the point. I don't want to sit on my couch and play fantasy booker(I already did by commenting on this thread), but I Don't think all the above mentioned won't happen. WWE just does'nt care about tag teams right now. I don't understand why. They claim to give the WWE Universe what they want....so why not a decent tag division?

"I don't care what they want, I'll tell them what they want" - Vince McMahon

Come back to us Daniel...
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 06:06 PM

mrppv420 is looking to come up from OCW...

See, I don't know exactly if the WWE realizes the gold mine in tag team wrestling their sitting on right now. As sarcastic as I'd like that to sound, there may be a little truth to it.

If they give Arn Anderson a chance and really could really work with it, they might have a chance to build something even they didn't know they had. He can start with getting Claudio and Chris Hero out of those goofy damn gimmicks and let The Kings of Wrestling do what they do best. Yeah, you can also leave Primo and Epico there too. They don't seem like too bad of a team. You could even leave Kofi and Truth together for a bit if need be too. But then, it may just be time to see the offspring of some of the legends we've seen for years. FCW is crawling with them right now and it may just be time to bring a few up.

Both Rotundo boys are there and may give that kind of familiaraity the teams used to have years ago. A team that I think could actually do something worth while.

You could pair Joe Hennig and Richie Steamboat up and have a pretty solid team there as well. Hennig is a pretty decent worker and Steamboat shows the same work ethic and dedication his dad gave us for so very many years. I feel like only good things could come of it.

The last team I can think of right now that I'd bring up are the tag champs down in FCW, Vader's kid and his partner. And eh, I figure if they're they champs down there, they gotta be doing something right.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM
WHAT??!!

smokeyjoe414 is looking to come up from OCW...

id personally like to see zig and swag, r-boom, primo and epico and the uso's compete in a tlc tag title match on RAW, give these guys the stage and see if they prevail.

Every time dann brien wins i die a little inside, thank you sheamus 18 SECONDS
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm trailer park trash.
WWE Diva's Champion

trashboy is looking to come up from OCW...

Every time WWE starts getting a decent amount of tag teams, they all break up and is left with only one or two teams. Right now there's about 5 with The Usos, Truth and Kingston, Swagger and Ziggler, Primo & Epico, and Titus O'Neil and Darren Young and it looks like after tonight, Zack Ryder and Santino might be starting a team, unless that was just a one time deal.

They could do something with the tag titles now, get some feuds going. I hate seeing the titles defended in pointless matches. They never get a ppv match, and when they do, it's the champs versus a random team instead of them feuding up to a ppv. But I expect about half these teams to break up before the year is over, then we'll be back down to The Usos and whoever. Usos need to quit jobbing and actually look like a threat to the titles.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

first thing WWE need to do is bring in younger guys as a tag team and have therm only wrestle exclusively as tag teams, not indivduals here and tag teams there. Have the tag teams dressed identical like the good ol days, have them with clear styles and personalities. Have teams feud, not just wrestle any old team here and there. Any of the dead wood, pair them up sure but keep them together for christs sakes. How many tag partners has Kofi had???? Santino??? WWE need to have 6-8 young tag teams with different gimmicks and styles. Have the standout team go over Kingston and R Truth down the track then have the tag titles exclusively defended by tag teams
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 03:15 PM
xavyer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...

This is a good thread, and all of you have great ideas, some of you are right, they should use guys like Mcentyre, Justin Gabriel, and all or most of the guys that aren't doing much and try them on as a tag team, who knows, there can be a great team among some of those guys, when the WWE had the Hart Dynasty as the tag team champs, they had credible feuds with different tag teams and it looked like they were starting to build the tag team division again, but somewere down the road the WWE blew it, the last time the tag team division was relevant was when Kendrick and London were the champions, they were great together and they had great chemistry, i think Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd can become a great tag team, too bad Gabriel got injured, but that look like a solid team, but like i said on another thread, they should pair two top guys and win the titles, and then have them loose the belts against an up and coming tag team, that way the team get over in a big way for beating the two top guys, like for example, have Sheamus and Orton, or Jericho and Alberto del Rio, i know Jericho is probably leaving in about a few months, but that's the point, anyway, have one of those teams win the belts, and if is Jericho/ Del Rio, have them loose the belts against Gabriel and Kidd, or the Usos, and that way, whoever win the belts can have a great deal of credibility for defeating two of the top WWE superstars, bring credibility to the Tag Team division and from there more and more tag teams can shoot for the belts and once again, we will have a Tag Team Division........
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Rjw2688 is looking to come up from OCW...

Not a bad idea!!! However I would like Ziggler to be out on his own. Something does need to be done though and having two tag matches a night would help the tag division. They need to have a Tag team who can beat two good singles competitors. The point of a tag team to me is (singly they are not top tier wrestlers) but together they can beat anyone.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Can you feel...the electricity?

Ryan Thunder is looking to come up from OCW...Ryan Thunder is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Addressing the State of the WWE Tag Team Division

A lot of people say it's stupid to waste Ziggler on the tag team division. I think it's a great idea!

This will bring star power to the tag team division. Two former World champs (yeah, yeah, Ziggler was only champ for minutes, but his reign was better than Big Show's) teamed up can only be good for the division, right?

And this team can be a better heel team than Epico and Primo. Actually, I'm starting to like the tag team division.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth
Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger (w/ Vickie Guerrero)
Epico & Primo (w/ Rosa Mendes and w/ A.W.)
The Usos
Titus O' Neil & Darren Young

Hopefully soon, we'll see Ohno and Cesaro as a tag team, which would complete this division.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Is the tag team division relevant again? What else can be done?

"I set aside $50,000 to pay off my inevitable fines every season."

-Ochocinco
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

jeezus. fuck no. that is honest-to-god the absolute worst division ive ever seen for any era. the tag team division is nowhere near a come back and thank god. this entire generation of wrestlers is boring beyond belief (for whatever reasons- training, writers, whatever). if they try to bring it back with this group of talent it will fail without a doubt and it will only reinforce to vince that tag teams suck.
sendpm.gif