WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

How impressive has Sheamus been as a world champion?
I don't like sheamus. He's good in the ring but I find his gimmick/personality just boring to watch. Daniel Bryan got more fans when Sheamus became champ. I think him winning the royal rumble was a mistake and it should have gone to jericho to help build that feud that was one of the worst build ups to wrestlemania ever.
How odd is it that number one contenders are switching titles?
Eh. I think the WWE knows the fans wanna see Dbry vs Punk and they are right, we do. I was actually expecting Dbry to win the belt back and battle CM Punk to become undisputed champ since they are seemingly merging the brands back together.
What's your shoe size?

Fatal fourway at Over The Limit, anyone?
Should be a fun watch. I'm glad theres no mark henry or big show or kane. should be an interesting watch. I always enjoy seeing Orton and Jericho in the ring together as I think they work well together, even if Orton casts a shadow Jericho because of his natural in ring talent.

I'm expecting Del Rio to win.
Where the fuck is Christian?
I've been wondering this as well. It would be nice if he showed up but I would rather have him come back and feud with Punk during summerslam as a heel then have him go back to smackdown and watch more boring Orton vs Christian matches.
3). Daniel Bryan
4). Antonio Cesaro
5). Dean Ambrose
sendpm.gif
Old 05-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Embracing The Hate

SomeAreSet is looking to come up from OCW...

How impressive has Sheamus been as a world champion?

I'm not overly impressed,apart from how he won the title at WrestleMania (yes,the 18 second match). I thought he was blazing hot from Royal Rumble to WrestleMania,but after he won the title they seemed to try their best to make him look less threatening,I guess to make Bryan look like an equal. The Extreme Rules match was extremely impressive though,and one good thing that has come out of his title reign is that the title is important again i.e. His feuds have been about the World title and not a personal feud.

How odd is it that number one contenders are switching titles?

Very odd,but it's a switch up and that's cool.

What's your shoe size?

Size 9 US,8 UK,42 Europe,but depending on the shoe I may go up to a size 10 US,even size 11. I can PM you my address if you want to send me a pair of Church's dub-monks. Brown,not black. Suede or leather,either one is fine. Gracias.

Fatal fourway at Over The Limit, anyone?

It'll be a good match. Sheamus,Orton and Jericho can handle the promos and Del Rio can hold up his end in the ring. I'm looking forward to it.

Where the fuck is Christian?

According to Lilian Garcia and Tony Chimel,he currently resides in Tampa,Florida.

Last edited by SomeAreSet : 05-10-2012 at 05:20 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM

President Evil is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Do fans just not appreciate/care for Sheamus?

Ive never been a fan of Sheamus, but I have to say he has the "it" factor, he certainly has the look, physical talent, and style, plus putting his accent aside Ive never heard anyone say he's horrible on the mic.

I think the problem is that Sheamus is from this current generation where guys are just "handed" belts. Guys like Drew Mcyntire, Jack Swagger, to name just a few. Sheamus never truly paid his dues in the WWE. He was WWE champion within what 6 months? Plus him being Triple H's "boy" doesnt help out either.

This may be hard to explain or for others to understand, but guys from the past like Austin, Rock, Orton, Michaels, Taker, HHH, Foley, Edge, these guys went through hellacious matches, Hell in a Cell, barbed wire, thumbtacks. Im not saying every wrestler has to go through this to be accepted, but fans truly appreciate when a wrestler pours his heart and leaves it all in the ring. It never leaves the memory of the fan. They think "this guy, did everything he could in the ring, he gave us our moneys worth" With Sheamus, we just dont get that.

Do you guys think this is the problem.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

In my opinion, and bear in mind that this is just my opinion, Sheamus (as a character, not as a person) represents a lot of what's wrong with today's professional wrestling product.

He's a big strong guy, yes. He has a unique look, certainly. He also has a unique (for pro-wrestling anyway) speaking style and accent. But when you peel those layers off, what else is there? What makes him stand out? What differentiates him from the rest of the pack?

Giant Gonzales was a big strong guy, but the other key factors of a successful pro-wrestler weren't anywhere to be found. Orlando Jordan had a unique look, but that couldn't save him from an unfullfilled career in WWE and even less regard when he went to TNA. Ludvig Borga had a unique speaking style and was also a big strong guy, but his tenure in WWF was remarkably short, achieving really nothing of note.

Ultimate Warrior had all of the same traits Sheamus has, but his time in wrestling was incredibly short as well when all things are considered. Whether it was from his own doing or otherwise, his career comprised of only several key highlights and as time went on, quite a few low ones as well.

Sheamus is that big, strong guy with a unique look and multiple title reigns that the fans are expected buy into simply because he's big, strong, and seemingly unique. Where's the passion for wrestling, or even sports entertainment out of Sheamus? I certainly haven't seen it. Other than his milk white skin and irish accent, where is Sheamus personality? How has he transcended the almost stereotypical demeanor of his character? Again, I can't come up with one way.

Though some of the classic formula still works in wrestling today, some of it decidedly does not. It's a different product and the demands and expectations of the audience are different now. I think we've moved beyond the big, strong guy having a main event spot simply because he's big and strong. If this wasn't true, the Great Khali would be headlining Wrestlemania.

Speaking of the biggest show of the year, Sheamus defeating Daniel Bryan for the title in a squash at this years WM was a travesty. It was done utlimately not to hurt Bryan, but to make us care about Sheamus because he's a big, strong guy doing big strong guy things. Daniel Bryan, a true student of the game and naturally gifted wrestler, got cheated out of displaying his talents (win, lose or draw) so the big, strong guy could dominate.

To be blunt about it, the whole thing stinks and I don't like it. Needless to say, I don't like Sheamus very much either.

Last edited by neildittmar : 05-11-2012 at 11:57 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Future Endeavored

PeaceAndLove is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why now?

Sorry for the odd title but i could not think of anything better. So my question is why are they pushing the WHC more than the wwe title now? and while im at it can anybody explain to me the reason why that promo from cena happened? I apologize if i seem like im going on a nerd tirade but i would just like to see if someone is getting what im not? (the lack of pushing a story with two of the most over stars in the company today.) Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove View Post
Sorry for the odd title but i could not think of anything better. So my question is why are they pushing the WHC more than the wwe title now? and while im at it can anybody explain to me the reason why that promo from cena happened? I apologize if i seem like im going on a nerd tirade but i would just like to see if someone is getting what im not? (the lack of pushing a story with two of the most over stars in the company today.) Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure I follow. Why did the Cena promo happen? Because Big Johnny and John Cena have a match at Over the Limit and usually its a pretty good idea to promote key ppv matches. Or are you asking why they wrote the promo the way they did? I don't think anyone posting here can tell you that seeing as none of us sit in on WWE creative meetings. Why is the WHC being pushed more than the WWE title? It's not. The guys in that match are more over than the reigning WWE champion, but both matches seem to be getting the equal midcard hype that they deserve.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 AM

Psyclone is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove View Post
yeah i'll echo what the previous poster said about why the cena promo happened... the PPV is scheduled for this sunday... (its quick since the last, so they kind of have to build to it quickly...) Cena vs Lauranitis is a match on said PPV and probably will end up ending the show so yeah they kind of need to have some statement about it beforehand if it's going to be the main event of the show right???

I don't get where you say the WHC is being pushed more than the WWE championship as I believe I saw 2 segments set up just for the WWE championship match (the match with daniel bryan and cody vs santino and Punk) as well as the segment with AJ and Punk in the back (setting up the potential AJ interference at the match)...While the WHC got a match that pushed the stipulation and set up a match on smackdown as well... I think they are both being treated equally as important if anything, and they are pushing the PPV which will include both as the undercards...
sendpm.gif
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

World Heavyweight Championship is the World Title. WWE Championship is WWE's title.

Being a World Champion > Being a WWE Champion (World > WWE)

BTW World Heavyweight Championship is about "Wrestling" whereas WWE Championship is more about "entertainment" hence guys like Miz became Champion.