WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM

edgethefuture is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that ADR deserved the push not just winning the rumble and losing the match at mania to christian but I would have booked Edge Vs Christian at extreme rules if edge had been able to compete christian was too late returning would be better if they gave it time and build up a shawn michales ric flair type feud love\hate relationship.But thats just my opinion.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
mess with the bull get the horns
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

vampireblade is looking to come up from OCW...vampireblade is looking to come up from OCW...

I was at WM 27 and ADR vs Edge was decent nothing special like it could have been with Christian in the mix i think a triple threat would have been nice and that way WM 27 could of had its big memorable moment where Christian was seen as WHC. Instead of this however the only two lasting memories we have from WM 27 is The Rock giving Cena the rock bottom, and while I know it help set up WM 28 it should not have been the main lasting memory from a WM the other memory comes from taker and Triple H watching Taker being carted out on a stretcher. But i digress as i said yes it was missed opportunity not having Christian in the WHC match as it would have made a more memorable WM 27.

AJ is the sexiest diva alive today
sendpm.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

This is 100% the reason I think that WWE did not know it was going to be Edge's final match until AFTER WrestleMania ... or very close to.

There is NO QUESTION there was money to be made in a Christian vs. Edge feud and it would have churned out a truly epic match. The WWE knew this and I think that they were heading in that direction in the long haul ... only to see Mr. Copeland walk away early due to horrible circumstances.

In hindsight, I am sure that Christian, Edge and the higher ups all wish that they had known and they could have booked this differently, but it went this way ... and forever it will be coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Of all the fans and CEOs and bookers that this might bother, I promise you, Edge and Christian are the ones most disappointed that they never got to do this feud with a big time match.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

i think that was the plan for this year's Mania. Edge kept saying he only had another year or so and was hoping that Mania would be in Toronto this past year for his last match against Christian. I think it was just bad timing.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
HEAT ATTRACTER!!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

iwinulose is looking to come up from OCW...

In hindsight yes that would have been a great match, I mean, edge and christian are 2 of the best to have ever wrestled in the wwe, i think what happened to christian could have been avoided had him and edge put on a phenomenal match at wm 27, i think christian could have beat del rio at extreme rules and could have had a better reign cause the wwe would have seen just how over christian was, plus christian would have been more of a babyface cause his best buddy had just left, then all these people want to see christian succeed edge. He could have had a feud with del rio, and orton for that matter, instead of the wwe freaking out and screwing christian over. I mean the del rio vs edge match was good (cause edge was in it, but del rio couldn't hold a candle to either christian or edge), but christian vs edge would have been better plus christian would have been even more over after the match. Would have bben a better situation (or so i think anyways).
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I'd say there was a missed opportunity at Wrestlemania 27. It all depends on how many people knew the severity of Edge's injuries and how much time was left before Wrestlemania by the time they found out he had to retire. Alberto had already won the Rumble so he had to get a World or WWE Championship opportunity. If the WWE knew Edge would be having his final match, then Christian deserved to send him off more than anyone given their history and friendship.

Christian could have been put over by Edge to win his first World Heavyweight Championship in a memorable match that still gave Edge a proper farewell. Where does that leave Alberto? They could have put the WWE Championship on Cena and had him face Del Rio. This leaves Miz without a match, but I am sure many of us are not going to complain about that. That would also put our Royal Rumble winner from that year in the main event, where he belongs. This scenario could have worked but I suppose we will never know.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 04:12 AM
WWE Women's Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

im glad it did not happen as Edge was not in any physical shape to have the classic match he would have wanted to have with Christian. Edge worked a nice snug slow paced match in his final match, Edge went out perfectly. Remember when Christian vs Edge happend before, it bombed badly due to their similar styles, I think WWE made the right call on this one.
sendpm.gif