WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who will Lesnar face at Mania
Rock 5 11.90%
HHH 20 47.62%
CM Punk 2 4.76%
Orton 5 11.90%
Undertaker 9 21.43%
Cena 0 0%
Other 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.A.M. View Post
So what happens if this new star takes the Brock Lesnar rout and just leaves? You know, after being handed just about every accolade in the WWE and being pushed to the moon, just quits because he doesn't want to do it anymore. There; you've managed to ruin 20 years of build-up on a character for someone who won't even stay within the WWE. It's not worth it. Even if he does stay, chances are, his star would fade quickly if he cannot keep up his momentum. At that point in his career, he has already accomplished something bigger than the WWE or World Championship belts and accomplished something bigger than any other WWE Superstar in history, what's the point in even continuing? It's just not worth ending the streak on someone who could potentially walk out when his contract expires or someone who won't keep up with the momentum in the coming months. Why risk that?
This is the best argument for keeping the streak intact that I have heard so far. I never even looked at it from that angle, and I think that is reason enough to keep it intact. It would be hard for the person ending it to have an accomplishment as big so it would seem that he would lose his momentum fast. I also think that just the risk of wasting the history of the streak on someone that would leave is reason enough to keep it intact. Too much at stake at this point, and better off just letting him keep it as his legacy.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM

Elmarko13 is looking to come up from OCW...
Talking The Undertakers Streak Should and Will Never Be Broken

This is my first thread so be gentle.

Loved the End Of The Era Match, was probably my favorite Mania match ever but after this match happened and with the lead up i began to think how could anyone beat the streak its complete paradox i mean just hear me out for a second i'll go through each category.

Triple H: the fact that he has that heat from certain people that he has gotten were he is simply by being in the family would haunt his victory and would be looked on like the Kevin Nash Goldberg incident were everyone thinks Nash booked himself to beat Goldie out of shear selfishness whether its true or not it haunts Nash and if Triple H won i think he would have the same heat.

John Cena: Come on do i even need to elaborate! if he won he would be booed so loud wwe would have to turn him heel. he is the poster boy of wwe, he doesn't need to win this at all and if he did the old wwe saying would come true "Cena wins Riot"

New Guy: I have always had this story idea that Taker would hand off the hat and coat to like Taker 2, but when you think of it they would have to be an amazing talent who would not let the Taker name get dragged through the mud and when you think of it that probably wont happen. but back to the point it is kinda the same principle the young talent that beat Taker would have to be THE superstar, THE ONE, THE cena triple h cm punk jeff hardy hulk hogan hybrid. right now they think Barret could and i think that would not be the best idea because they still need to see if he will work out, i know there giving him a title soon but you never know. Paul London was supposedly gonna win a title and be in the main storyline when vinnie macs limo blew up but apparently Chris Benoit's death stopped that. long story short a Young talent would not be the choice to beat Taker.

Business: its just not good business to beat taker what happens to all that merch that story that product it all stops, you get one more DVD including all the matches including the last, you get to build a character off of it but thats only one wrestler, you get to have this long list of victories and at the end you have that one loss that just makes you think why did they ruin something so perfect.

In conclusion i have a very biased opinion about this cause you know i grew up in the attitude/ruthless aggression era and that streak is kind of that one last unpredictable awesome somewhat magical thing that makes me and i'm sure a lot of other people feel like a kid again. I really hope they don't end the streak.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 AM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Who was the greatest threat to the streak?

Now the legendary Undertaker is 20-0 at Wrestlemania. But who was the greatest threat to the Undertaker's undefeated streak at a Wrestlemania?

WM 7-"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
WM 8- Jake "The Snake" Roberts
WM 9- The Giant Gonzales
WM 10- N/A
WM 11- King Kong Bundy
WM 12- Diesel/Kevin Nash
WM 13- Psycho Sid (WWF/E Championship Match)
WM 14- Kane
WM 15- The Big Boss Man (Hell in a Cell)
WM 16- N/A
WM 17- Triple H
WM 18- Ric Flair
WM 19- The Big Show & A-Train/Lord Tensai (Handicap Match)
WM 20- Kane (again)
WM 21- Randy Orton
WM 22- Mark Henry (Casket Match)
WM 23- (Dave) Batista (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)
WM 24- Edge
WM 25- Shawn Michaels
WM 26- Shawn Michaels II (Streak vs Career)
WM 27- Triple H II (No DQ)
WM 28- Triple H III (Hell in a Cell)

Now out of the 17 guys of those 20 matches. Who was the greatest threat to the streak?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 AM

punchline is looking to come up from OCW...punchline is looking to come up from OCW...

I have two answers to this.

From a completely kayfabe, suspension of disbelief, wrestling is supposed to be real perspective I would say Big Show and A-Train at Wrestlemania 19. It was Undertakers only Wrestlemania match that wasn't a singles match. It was him staring across the ring at two monsters. But let's be real, we know the outcome of the match because wrestling is indeed fake and Taker was the obvious winner from the start.

Now, looking at a realistic perspective and taking into account backstage politics and the business itself, I'd have to say Kane's first attempt at Wrestlemania 14. The streak hadn't become a phenomenon quite yet (he was only at 6 wins by this point), and I think at the time, Vince would have been willing to let him lose to truly establish Kane as the next unstoppable force in the WWE.

I know alot of people will want to say Shawn Michaels or Triple H's last two attempts, But i think between the streak reaching the money making powerhouse it has become, and Triple H's self-serving ego seeming to subside lately, The streak was never really in danger during those 4 matches.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM

uguess94 is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default WM 29: Internet Championship - Zack Ryder (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

This has been a feud ever since these two stepped foot into the squared circle. We have seen these two go at it countless amunt of time and even at one point for the US Title, which Zack won and was his first offical WWE Championship. The NY/NJ crowd will obviously be Pro Ryder at this event and hopefully he can pull out the victory in front of the largest crowd in Meadowlands History.

DISCUSS AND NO SPAM!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
WWE Right Now=Same Ole Shit

ringthebell is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I like the way your going, but I would rather have this for a legitimate title. That being said, maybe by this time, one of these superstars will be the US Champ. I believe just adding an Internet Championship is kind of bogus and kind of puts championship belt legitimacy even further in the hole. I mean, you saw how long it took them to recover with the tag belts as they have kind of returned to prominence with a meaning again, but bogus championships don't belong, so hopefully this is for the US Title.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM

chadmarkmurray is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally, I think that if they do have this match at WM29 as they agreed to on Z!TLI then it'll probably be something backstage just for the show rather than as part of the actual WM event. Just because it isn't really a WWE championship it's the show's internet championship and I don't think anyone in WWE would even consider it. Though if they do, do it in a ring backstage at WM or somewhere else I think we'll all enjoy watching it.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 AM
The NIWM

Moffat09 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Wrestlemania 30

Ok I no that it's pretty much forever away ( just under two years) but it's never two early to think about it . So what I'm asking what matches would you like to see at the thirtieth anniversary of wrestlemania? Another rock dream match ? Undertakers last match? It's up to you , what do you want to see?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Oasis Rule the World.

2Sweet_4Life is looking to come up from OCW...

It has to be IMO Taker vs Kane.
A career ender for both.
I would like to see a match called... Career or streak for taker. If taker wins his streak is alive but his career ends, if he loses his streak ends but his career continues. Also i would have paul bearer included in the storyline. It would be compelling Tv and i would have it as kane's last match aswell. As for other wrestlers I would go Punk vs Austin and maybe Ziggler vs Bryan vs Rhodes for the unifed wwe title. And a MITB i also wouldn't overload the PPV. Have like 6 matches. the 4 i mentioned then maybe add Orton vs cena 1 final time with cena as a heel. and maybe Rock put over a young guy.

& Oasis are the best band of all time, you fookers.
And The Beatles,The Stone Roses, The Smiths are pretty fookin cool.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 AM
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring

Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...

Wrestlemania 30? Fuck that shit. We need to be thinking about Wrestlemania 32. It's an odd number.

Why the fuck can't you just wait for 29 before you start thinking about 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
KINGDOM COME VI IS COMING. GET HYPED.
sendpm.gif