WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WunNightStan619 is looking to come up from OCW...WunNightStan619 is looking to come up from OCW...

I know this much. No wun was higher on Ted Jr than i was during his priceless days, and his legacy days for that matter. At this point, he's gonna have to do something really really crazy or really really big in order for me to even care about him anymore. I quite honestly dont see it happening, especially with Brock Lesnar being a focal point right now. Who knows, maybe ill be pleasantly surprised...but like i said, it would really take a lot for him to make himself relevant again. Im talking total re-invention of character
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Unified TV Heavyweight Champion

Mantis is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithbluehanger View Post
If Ted would have been forcefully pushed down our throats in the Fortunate Son gimmick by rewarding him with a lengthy run of the Intercontinental title, we'd be having this discussion about Cody's past 2 gimmicks being failures instead of Ted's.
I'm not sure I agree, but I get what you're saying. The irony is that after Legacy, Ted was seen as the stronger one show he was put on the A-show (Raw). Since Raw is the flagship show, it always has the more competition and major angle. 2010 was no exception; as Raw received both Edge and Jericho in the draft (Smackdown's Wrestlemania Title Match that year); and there was Cena/Orton/Nexus etc. This made it much more difficult for DiBiase to get noticed.

On the other hand, Cody Rhodes, who was the the lesser Legacy member, was sent to Smackdown. Smackdown has a lot less going on, so it was a lot easier for him to get noticed. As a result, we now have Cody Rhodes as the IC Champ and DiBiase in wrestling purgatory.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

When he gets interesting.

Ted Dibiase is one of the most boring guys on the roster. He is a third generation superstar with a decent look who smiles a lot, but that is about all that is to him. His ring work is decent though but not good enough to be a big-time player. He lacks charisma and is really boring as a face.

I don't see much potential in him, atleast not with his current gimmick.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ted DiBiase is a good wrestler. He has a good look. He has a good little angle with the DiBiase Posse. Too bad he is as interesting as a spoon cause if he was interesting, he'd be a big name by now.

WWE misused him after Legacy. He came in with high expectations attached, he'd done tours of Japan, he'd a good spell in Florida and once he came to the main roster he was instantly made a WWE Tag Team Champion. There was a lot of hype built around his debut match, on who his partner would be, he'd some fanfare from the outset. Too bad they attempted to essentially turn him into his father, because that was never going to work. They attached Maryse to him, which was a good idea because it gave another reason to boo him, considering he'd bagged the hottest woman in the WWE. Once again, too bad the angle was played out mostly on NXT.

Now he has this DiBiase Posse routine, and it's working. It was a good idea, he is promoting himself, promoting the WWE, interacting with the fans, getting a buzz around him; ESPN wrote an article up on him, they don't write up many wrestling related articles. His injury could be a blessing in disguise, when he returns he should be pushed, WWE need a couple more good face characters, they just need to work on him a bit and stop giving him stupid angles with Hunico.

For me, they should have pulled the trigger and handed him the IC Championship, allowing the feud with Cody to continue with Cody eventually winning it back, It'd have set Cody back a bit who at the time was getting an astronomical push and built Ted up a bit more. But alas, they didn't, I still have hopes for DiBiase to rise in the future, he just needs to become someone people want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM

TheHitman316 is looking to come up from OCW...

When Teddy gets over his injury and finally feels comfortable with himself on the mic....I liked the guy when he first came out. But something about his character bores me. I don't think he would be "futured" but I do believe he will be a "Matt Striker" kinda on air personality for the WWE network..Maybe covering past feuds and being the host of his own show....IDK
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM

jbwphoto1 is looking to come up from OCW...jbwphoto1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I sometimes wonder if Teddy really wants to be a wrestler. I was reading a book that came out I think back in the late 90s by some guys who were reporters/journalists in wrestling, but the book was filled with quotes of wrestlers and referees responding to questions they asked. There was one section that asked the wrestlers what if they child/children wanted to be professional wrestlers. The Million Dollar Man responded, "Over my dead body!"

I find this very interesting considering all three of his sons became professional wrestlers. Two with WWE contracts and the other within NWA. But one by one, they have been plagued with injuries. Two are already out of the sport leaving just Ted Jr. It makes me wonder if the sons wanted to be pro wrestlers or not. Maybe Ted Sr, knowing more about his sons' physical makeup than we do and out of his concern for his children, knew they would never make it to Wrestlemania main events like he did. It also makes me wonder if Teddy Jr. isn't doing just a little bit of Jerome Bettis' act and is telling us he's more hurt than he really is. Maybe he's just waiting out a WWE contract until it expires and can then just say he bowed out due to multiple injuries and surgeries.

Don't get me wrong. I am a fan. I was so excited years ago to see photos on Getty Images website of the DiBiase boys being trained by none other than Harley Race. I loved the gimmicks of Legacy and Million Dollar Man 2.0 with Maryse. Even though I don't know if I would participate fully or not, I kind of even like the DiBiase Posse bit. Teddy Jr has had more than enough opportunities to show what he has and start making a name on his own. I'm just afraid he doesn't want to.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Punk for President

kdk5680 is looking to come up from OCW...

Codyvs Ted was one of my fav PPV matches from a couple months back(dont remember specifically which one). They told good story, both had good moves and I thought it would, and still could be, the start of a long on again off again feud. If Ted gets healthy and stays healthy, the best bet for him would be an anti-millionairs son gimmick. Have his father strip him of all his money while embracing Cody, leading to a renewed feud between the two, then just as Ted wins it back, he turns it down. Instant respect amongst fans and a reversal in parts of the fathers(Ted sr being rich while Dusty was the poor man). I think it would work and help propel both further
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Punk for President

kdk5680 is looking to come up from OCW...

More then likely, Ted sr just knew what kind of lifestyle they would have, and didnt want that for his boys.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Cody Rhodes Diva

cyhh2002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
Ted Dibiase Jr. has recently fell on hard times with injuries to his wrist and now his ankle. Dibiase is a good in-ring talent with a great wrestling pedigree from the Dibiase family. Upon his WWE debut Ted Jr. looked like a big deal from the gate (or ramp). He's had his share in the lime light with Cody Rhodes & mentor Randy Orton in Legacy. And made only one appearance at a Wrestlemania against the decayed Legacy. And then went on to fill his father's shoe's as the NEW Million Dollar Man of this wrestling era as "Priceless" Ted Dibiase. But that gimmick didn't work out.

After awhile as Cody Rhodes's Virgil on Smackdown for a few months, he went solo to start his "Dibiase Posse" stint as a happy babyface. And then his injuries came into play. Since Ted Dibiase's debut in the WWE to now both Randy Orton & Cody Rhodes has had much success post-Legacy.

But when will it be Ted Dibiase's time to shine as a next generation superstar?
Well I hate to say this, but my gut feeling tells me that with the WWE's annual "Spring Cleaning" looming on the horizon, I would not be surprised to see DiBiase getting "future endeavored."

And if you think his last name will spare him from the chopping block, just ask the likes of Sim Snuka, David Hart Smith, and Chavo Guerrero.

But yes, DiBiase in my opinion was overshadowed by Rhodes whose interaction with the audience as well as his unpredictability has been DiBiase very expendable in my opinion.
Cody Rhodes' #1 Fan
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...Rated R Enigma scored a win over Santino Marella...

honestly i think he was ever gonna do anything after legacy it was gonna be when maryse was his manager and he was carrying around the million dollar title i think he was at his best during that time and could have been a top midcarder in wwe with maryse as his vallet and them being a power couple but it never really happened i think when the spring cleaning rolls around this year he sadly joins that list

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif