WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
SHUT IT OFF!
WWE Diva's Champion

Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...Hugh G. Rection is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Joseph Park Story Line – Where's it Headed?

I'm not sure if this really counts as spoilers (even though it must be common knowledge) so I'll try and be vague

You know when I first saw Joseph Park I had no idea of his true identity, honestly he did such a good job convincing me, I don't read the dirtsheets (I only browse their forums :P) unfortunately i was spoiled, and I was pretty shocked, though I'm sure I'd have figured it out eventually.

Anyway Joseph Park, he has finally ran into Bully Ray in what seems to have taken forever, by the way I liked that little segment he did with Gunner where he got serious.

How do you think this storyline is going to come to a head? Personally I thought he was going to call out Bully Ray during the Open Fight Night, I'm still convinced he will do that at some point. I hope he actually wrestles with this lawyer gimmick!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

Same boat as you... upon arrival I had no idea who Joseph Parks was. It wasn't until I looked away from the TV, recognized the voice as Abyss, turned around and saw that it was Parks that I realized what was going on.

I like how TNA has not rushed this. They haven't dedicated a ton of TV time to the angle, but have kept it consistent week in and week out with recurring segments. This piques interest and was the way to go in my opinion.

As for where it's headed, I'm not exactly sure. My best guess is a split personality gimmick where Parks will wrestle "straight" as his current persona, then essentially morph into Abyss when the situation arises.

Honestly though, I'd like to see the Parks character develop some more before re-introducing elements of Abyss into the equation. There has got to be something TNA creative can do to flesh out that side of the character some more. I hope this is just the begining for Parks.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM

DX Mols is looking to come up from OCW...DX Mols is looking to come up from OCW...

I kind of like it. Personally, I feel the Abyss character has gotten stale over the past couple years. The whole "Hogan's Hall of Fame" ring storyline was weak and then he just sort of shifted to Immortal then to feuding with them and then back to them.

I like it when Joe Park goes like "You know, my brother Abyss?" and then he puts his hand up like he's taller then him.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM

ltrav1984 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah i think whats gonna happen will be similar 2 what happened with mankind goin into royal rumble 2000 vs triple h but tna have done this a few times but i'm looking forward to how this storyline develops (if it does that is)
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Better Off This Way
WWE Women's Champion

The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...The art-guy scored a win over Santino Marella...

I like that they've had the ingenuity to try something like this and I like that Abyss has been able to pull it off completely successfully with many beforehand questioning his speaking ability. As some have said, people have been able to actually not be alerted to the fact that it was him, myself included for the first couple of weeks actually. It's definitely freshened him up massively and it's not certain where it's going, that's the best position to be in as a fan.

It's been sustained successfully now for a couple of months whilst still being able to evolve albeit slowly. It's now gradually coming to a head with the recent encounters with Gunner and Bully Ray and we'll see where it all goes. But until now, it's been great, flawless, it's created plenty of interest in a guy who was darn stale and uncared for and turned him into something both new and interesting. Applause on this one TNA. It always seems to be the thing they care least about in TNA that does really well.

Never truly gone.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Punk for President

kdk5680 is looking to come up from OCW...

LOL Wow ok so I must be the rube here cause I didnt know Parks was Abyss. Now it just makes me more interested in what happens.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel like Abyss was torn between if Immortal cared about him at all. As weird as it sounds, his character seems pretty emotional. I think he'll kill what's left of Immortal when none of them know that Abyss and Park are the same guy. They spent so much time together and nobody in Immortal recognizes him. I think he did this to see who his friends are. I really hope there is a more interesting story here, but that seems like a logical theory.

Another theory is that Immortal beat Abyss down and he suppressed Abyss and released another persona, his fictitious brother, Joesph Park. He'll have dueling personalities until someone pushes him and the monster comes out.

However it ends I think Abyss will eventually return as Abyss, but I think he'll remain unmasked.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Smart-Ass
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Cookie14 is looking to come up from OCW...

This could be an awesome storyline, and I hpoe it turns out to be. But right now, it just kinda reminds me of when 'Chris Parks' was being councelled by 'Dr Stevie' Richards. Unfortunatley, I see this getting a similar, disappointing 'pay off'
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Mr. All-in
WWE Diva's Champion

RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...

Right now the thing that bothers me most about Mr. parks is if he goes to wrestle, you can't really hide The missing teeth RVD kicked out, or the tattoos that well unless your going to put him in a suit, or Arm sleeves, and in terms of move set Abyss was very limited so its more likely that his alter ego could be worse IMO, but I guess will see if it goes that far...
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Joseph Park Storyline Where's it Headed?

I've been thinking the same thing for a few weeks now, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere and i'm over it, it's become the anonymous Raw GM all over again, and who was that? well we still don't know other then assuming it was Johnny Ace all along lol

so lets see what "Joesph" has done, nothing really he's just bugging people getting more and more interupting the interactions. Maybe that's the point, Abyss had well and truly lost any momentum he had and Joseph is trying to steal spotlinght.

The other obvious thought is he's leading to a final confrontation with someone on the roster and blaming them for being the catalyst for Kane oh wait i mean Abyss losing his monster persona. and then will go on a rampage of getitng people to Embrace the Hate. oh wait didn't we just? nvm