WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
ROH Pure Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Punk has lost alot of steam and I said last year when the IWC were wanking over him that he would never be 'the man'. He will be a main eventer, but will never reach other susperstardom others have.

Recently he has become a bore. The fued with Jericho has had its moments, but in the main has bored me. I was really looking forward to it aswell but it feels anticlimatic. I feel Jericho has dragged Punk through the mud more than Punk has himself.

Punk hit his peak in his fued against Cena and then Triple H. Since then he has lost steam. Maybe someone like Brock Lesnar, or a heel Randy Orton can bring something better out of him. Infact, fuck it, get rid of this babyface shit he is doing. Punk was at his best in his fued with Orton late 2010/early 2011.

'RANDALL'!!!!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

I am not a fan of CM-Punk by any stretch of the imagination, I've personally found his title reign to be vanilla and the only fueds I have really enjoyed have been with HHH and Cena over the summer.

In spite of that I have to agree with the consensus that Punk is going nowhere, he is still majorly over with the majority of fans and the consensus on here and amongst WWE fans in genereal seems to be that he has had a solid title reign. The fact that WWE let him go over a reurning Jericho at mania and probably again at Extreme Rules is testament to their faith in him and like a previous poster mentioned he's unlikely to drop the title any time soon.

Yes he has definently become less interesting since the summer or even in my opinion since the days of the straight-edge society but thats WWE it ebbs and flows no superstar can interest everyone all the time. WWE goes with the majority and the majority seem to still be liking Punk.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 PM

steven87gill is looking to come up from OCW...steven87gill is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTooManyPunts View Post
Plus, with his merchandise selling well, it's important to make sure he is still marketable to younger fans, that aren't as concerned with whether or not he's breaking kayfabe with his promos.
Whilst I agree with the main thrust of your argument, I have to contend with you on this.

Remember he was outselling Cena in merchandising terms, before they decided to make him more 'marketable to younger fans', so that means kids liked his edgyness, and responded to that by buying his shirts. So why would wwe need to worry if he's marketable to kids, when it's his edgyness that got him ahead of Cena in merchandising terms anyway? Isn't that exactly the same mistake they made with Cena 7 years ago when fans started getting behind him?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM

trinidad716 is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually think the Punk Jericho has been pretty good. Once they got in to the the alcoholism aspect I could feel it better.

As for Punk he is at the mercy of doing something too well. The whole edgy promos and "shoot" style couldnt go on for ever they had to switch it up, he needs to transition in the same way Austin did. Prob is he is playing second fiddle to what they are doing with Cena, and unfortunately it has to be that way. Cena right now is beyond the title.
Punk is great at what he does when given enough time. I want to see how he transitions back to having a feud with Laurinitis as I see thats ultimately where they are going Raw wise as Johnny signed over the whole show to Lesna basically. A fight for the WWE will happen again.....
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 PM

WWEvsJosh is looking to come up from OCW...

Punk is over period! But but but I am bored of him. I have been bored of him since he was done feuding with HHH. Punk's promo with Jericho was great. I always thought that Punk's character was the type of character that out thinks his foe. All the getting mad and yelling stuff just bores me. Any time he says he is going to kick someone's ass i laugh a little(for real). I never can believe that he is going to do that I see him more of the "smart" villian.(even though he is a face) Like I said this is just me but also like I said at first. Punk is still a top star.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM

multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...

Everybody knows Punk hit a roadblock when he met with the unstoppable force known as Triple H. Simple explanation? Punk cut that promo and H paid him back for it.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry n' Shit
ECW TV Champion

Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Noticeably F.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiverseman.com View Post
Everybody knows Punk hit a roadblock when he met with the unstoppable force known as Triple H. Simple explanation? Punk cut that promo and H paid him back for it.
Oh, fuck off. Triple H made Punk look like a million fucking bucks. How many people had to interfere fro Triple H to win? How many fucking Pedigrees did it take to put him away? Christ, man. There other ways of putting people over other than having them get the win. It's wrestling, it's not a real sport.

As for the topic, ugh. They FINALLY start building a title feud around something more than a heel interfering in all of the faces matches and they actually do something creative, yet you morons still bitch about it. This feud has been executed perfectly, shut the hell up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Making fun of people with mental disabilities is retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbakka View Post
This reminds me of Bruno/Zbysco. I didn't care about that either.

sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Wrestling fanatic 4 life

Attitude Era Junkie is looking to come up from OCW...

As long as Punk is still on Raw often and put in good PPV matches against guys who can actually wrestle then I will be happy. I don't think he will ever get lost in the shuffle. He has too many fans and he is too great of a wrestler along with his mic skills. The WWE (Vince) would be really stupid to downsize him in the near future. I don't know about you guys but I was sick and FUCKING tired of Batista vs. Cena all the time or JBL and I am now getting a bit tired of Sheamus.

I want guys who can actually wrestle really well. I want some classic matches dammit!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's not make or break with Punk. His stuff with Jericho after mania has been great, and given that Extreme Rules is in Chicago, I am guessing his match will steal the show. He will have the home crowd advantage and they will help make his match electric. He is the number two guy behind Cena, and he sells a lot of merchandise. He hasn't been in the main event for even a year, and he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Jerichoholic since 1997
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

Punk vs. Jericho for the WWE title IS the top of the heap. Come on guys, we all know Cena isn't much of a wrestler. He's a brand for WWE, a polarizing and profitable brand. Punk and Jericho are the best wrestlers in the business, period. Out of their respective generations they are the best at talking, wrestling, putting on a match that tells a story and captivates the crowd, and either one could make the crowd cheer or boo at the drop of a hat. If Cena was the WWE champion right now his feud with Brock would be a HUGE mess... How does Brock pass the rest of the roster on his way to a title shot? If Brock wins the title what's the plan to get the belt off of him? Cena has won enough championships in WWE to cement his place in the Hall of Fame, he's actually above winning championships (and how many guys in WWE can say that? Jericho has yet to have a lengthy WWE title run since he unified the championships with LOADS of outside help!) I feel like the WWE title means a lot more than it did a couple of years back, like when Triple H hogged it for a year on Smackdown and stunk up a PPV match with Kozlov while the crowd booed. The title isn't on Vince's current favorite, it's on the guy the fans love, who has wrestled the best and entertained us the most throughout his WWE run.
sendpm.gif