WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM

strasaphere is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm liking Otunga currently, the whole Jericho/Punk this has run it's course for me, and I just isn't keeping me interested, however I am interested to see how the Otunga stooge gimick goes, hopefully a corrupt quick Us title run is in the works for MAJOR heat as he's taking it off a guy who's well over, it shouldn't be a full run as Santino actually deserve's it and as I said, is over.

Miz has probable been my fav next to Barret last year, I think he played his character well, as was getting legit heat. Miz is still one of my top, but he's currently in the dog house, and isn't interesting to watch, guess creative doesn't have much for him at the moment.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Saving WZ one post at a time.
WWE Diva's Champion

Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd honestly have to say that right now it's Kane.

We're not even half way through the year and Kane has already feuded with and gotten victories over both Randy Orton and John Cena. Once he feuds with Punk, he'll have had a program with every true star on the roster. He's a professional who knows how to put over the other guy and still look like a monster.

Although, I think the one thing WWE is missing is a true number 1 heel. I'm hoping that upon his return, Wade Barrett can step up his game and be that guy.

Fave 5
1. CM Punk
2. Boobs
3. Golden Girls Re-Runs
4. CM Punk
5. Sun Chips
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM

SoulOfAllMankind is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd give it to Vicki. She is consistently booed by the fans. A lot of the heels today are still liked by fans (jericho, lesnar, bryan....even johnny ace is growing on people). With Vicki, she is playing a heel, and gets the response she needs every time.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Finley View Post

Did you really just say that? A guy who still can't get heat unless he has Ricardo is the best heel? Wow.

If you disqualify Brock Lesnar, Vickie, and Johnny Ace, Jericho is really the only option left. DB is doing a great job these days but the face pops he gets sort of negates his heel persona. Jericho is one of those guys who the smarks love and who generally gets face pops even if he's playing a heel character, but he's been getting 99% boos ever since his feud with Punk started up. There's really no one else near him.
Totally agree with the choice of Jericho. Done a great job getting a heel reaction against Punk. I am also a sucker for the whole alcohol storyline. I remember when Jerry Lawler poured "booze" down Jake the Snake's throat. I was a kid but knew it wasn't real alcohol, but such a dastardly thing for a heel to do. Jake was a recovering alcoholic in the storyline. I think he was trying to be straight in real life as well at the time. Jerry Lawler was the heel with no limits back then, he often would call out Bret Hart's mother and father during their feud. Jericho kind of reminds me of that, but with out the goofiness of the King. I compare the two also because King got mega heat back then. Jericho's character will stoop to anything to get ahead, and I think he has been playing his heel role perfectly.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm going to have to say Jericho and Cody. I mean the fued with Pink now is really good its really differnt but it a change or the norm. ( I remeber they did this with Hall in WCW and Hall came out drunk to wrestle and he really wasnt). And also Cody and Show have been really great. Its good to be serous and have a little comedy in it.

For the person who said Alberto, really he only been back for like 2 weeks and he put him as the #1 heel, I dont understand your thinking. He just cant get over as a heel, not kncoking his wrestling though just the gimmick/character

I can not agree with Ziggler either. His gimmck is Cody's old gimmick where he is really into himself. I never cared for the narcissist gimmick either with Cody or Lex. Its just comes off weird. Kinda like the scene from silence of the lambs where is Buffalo Bill is dressing himself up in the mirror.(do i need to go any further, if you seen it you know what i mean, if not Im sorry.) I wouldnt mind if it was more of a Mr Perfect gimmick were he shows off in the promos at sports or something. I mean he does sit ups, but swagger has always done the pushups so its just a bit off of swagger.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 AM

Mebzone is looking to come up from OCW...

gotta go with DB on this one IMO he is not only the top heel but is also now the face of smackdown I was surprised when he lost at Extreme Rules. this is off topic but DB Sheamus match was amazing and stole the show. Even though he gets good pops he is still a heel and im praying wwe doesnt make him a face. I wish they never turned punk his SES gimmick was better than this whole best in the world crap espicially since anyone with a brain can see that that statement is completely false he's not even the best in the wwe
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Ithil is looking to come up from OCW...Ithil is looking to come up from OCW...

Daniel Bryan. His heel promos have been a highlight of their television shows for months now, and they've gotten him well over. His enthusiasm for the heel role is infectious, and it doesn't hurt that he's the best wrestler in the company on top of that.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM

KNPKH2ster is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestler wise, I think Daniel Bryan is over as a heel and his heel turn was rare in the fact that he didn't have to attack the top face of the company. Non-wrestler, I'd say Johnny Ace. After what he did to Cena last night, the entire audience booed him out of the building. Heck, even Cole (who's a fan of John Laurinaitis) was shocked and was wondering "What's wrong with him?!"
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Cody Rhodes Diva

cyhh2002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I like Cody Rhodes. He's one of those Superstars who gets plenty of heat from the WWE Universe.
Cody Rhodes' #1 Fan
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

are there really heels and faces? I mean yea, you have "guys who act good" and "guys who act bad" and their reactions generally reciprocate that. In the attitude era, you still had heels and faces, the scale was just pushed more to the "bad guy" side for everyone. The good guys had a bad side and the bad guys were cowardly and evil through and through.

Now is such a unique time because the audience rarely agrees. Through most of history, wrestling fans have generally agreed on what is a heel and what is a face (by that I mean, in 1998, we all agreed Steve Austin=good guy, McMahon=bad guy, in 1988 Hogan=good guy, Ted Dibiase=bad guy). Now that isn't really the case. Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, and Dolph Ziggler get some cheers with their boos, Cena gets 50/50, but then you have some "heels" who get boos like Ace and some "faces" who get cheers like Punk.

Really a unique time. I'd say the wrestler best at being a heel is Daniel Bryan. He's really smart in everything he does. He's cowardly but keeps enough credibility by being torturous (spelled wrong probably) in the ring.

Overall though, probably Ace.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif