WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
A Role Model and Paragon of Virtue

ITrippedTheShockmaster is looking to come up from OCW...ITrippedTheShockmaster is looking to come up from OCW...

Right now, he does not. After a quick start and short run with the IC belt, he's floundered in limbo for a while now, maybe b/c of the whole deal with his ex-wife Tiffany/Teryn Terrell. It seemed to me like he was being punished for that, and may finally be allowed out of Vince's doghouse.

I think he could have a run with the IC title, but a lot of work needs to be done. They need to repackage him (which they're supposed to be doing) and he needs to get better in the ring and on the mic. He basically needs a fresh start. The IC Title is supposed to be the top mid-card guy. Drew and the writers needs to step up and work together to make him that guy.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM

shaunseven is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbfantomas View Post
I'd rather see him go away than give him the IC title.

He's not bad or anything, but he's a plain looking guy who is so-so on the mic and so-so in the ring. Not sure why the IWC has such a hard-on for him.

exactly how i feel, although i didnt think the "iwc" cared for him so much. he's just boring. we haven't even seen this guy have a 5 minute match in the last 2 years. he needs to cut that long stringy hair and look like a real man. THEN he can get my vote of confidence.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Little Jimmy

Little Jimmy 93 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to Little Jimmy 93

Decent in the ring, decent look, decent gimmick (if you class it as one), decent on the mic and decent in backstage promos... Only one thing... Decent isn't good enough. I like the guy, but he needs to do something to stand out from the other Mid Card heels gagging for a Main event push. (Ziggler, Swagger, Rhodes, Miz (right now), Otunga and Barrett (when he returns). Not saying all of these guys deserve it, btw.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Olympic Gold Medalist

bk555 is looking to come up from OCW...

I truly have never understood why people love this guy. I think it is just one those situations like the Miz. He is a decent talent in ring, good promo guy who just hasn't been recognized. But if he does make it to the top, people will hate him for being to bland. Because that is just what he is. Bland and ordinary, nothing special.

A character change does not make me feel any different about the guy. He is talented sure, but he does not have what it takes to be a big time superstar in WWE. So please, stop being so excited about him.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM

TheChosenOne10 is looking to come up from OCW...

Drew obviously has the potential to be a future world champion, but at this point is far from it...(well on other the hand i guess Mark Henry came out of nowhere to win his and that turned out great)... but on topic Drew should be one of the top mid card guys. He has the tools for it. He should be turned face imo, and have just a love to fight kind of gimmick. Have him in some nice brawls to get that gimmick over. Id love to see a face Drew (once established) versus Cody Rhodes over the IC belt. Have them trade it back and forth a bit before one of them winning. McIntyre, Cody, Ryder & Kofi should be running the mid card division right now. All should be feuding over the IC belt. US can just be a comedy belt for guys like Santino, Clay, Khali, Swoggle...

But yes I think Drew McIntyre should get another shot at the strap...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM

ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...

Cannot say I am the least bit interested in seeing Drew McIntyre get another title run. That's not to say he can't do something to get my interest, but it's certainly not there at the moment.

I'd probably stick Drew in a long-term tag team. Pair him with someone like Michael McGillicutty, give them a gimmick, and use them to pump up the tag division.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 PM

DrWilsonIPersume is looking to come up from OCW...

the only thing Drew does not have is the only thing you cannot learn, and that is swag...

you either have it, or you don't, it's just the reality and that simple...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

At this point, I have no idea what they're doing with Drew McIntyre. They're apparently not repackaging him. He's still jobbing. Hell, he's jobbed to guys that aren't even on the main WWE roster yet. So, should he be IC Champion again? That is laughable at this point. How can he win that title when he's nowhere nearly as capable as he was two years ago? Even Jack Swagger winning the United States Championship made no sense and didn't convince me that Swagger was a threat. They look weak and would only make the titles weaker. Drew has the look, awesome in-ring skills and improved mic skills, but it's ridiculous when he can't go over with any of that.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

I believe so. Drew has some serious potential and I think throwing him in the IC belt contention with the right storyline could work wonders for his career. It's truly too bad the WWE has forgotten how to make championships important besides the 2 main titles. The IC belt has quite the history but it seems in the past 10 or so years its fallen on the back burner. This current Rhodes vs Show thing while funny at times I don't believe it should be centered around the belt. Not that it really is anyway.

A Rhodes vs Drew feud could work if Rhodes wins the belt back from Show and it could spice up the IC belt if they played it right.
3). Daniel Bryan
4). Antonio Cesaro
5). Dean Ambrose
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Taught Elvis how to play karate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Captain Morgan Freeman

Woah Woah Woah slow down there. Drew McIntyre can't even win a match at the moment and you want to put the Intercontinental title belt on him!? Against The Big Show no less!
People wonder why the midcard titles mean shit and here's why. It doesn't say a lot for the title if a guy who can't buy a win at the moment is even given a title shot let alone a victory.

Personally i think McIntyre is bland and boring and has been for most of his time in the WWE. They gave him a big push before and nobody cared including myself. I'd much rather see them push somebody like Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel or Ted DiBiase. Those guys at least have talent and can get over with a crowd. Id put Ambrose in that bracket but with the way they're hyping him id imagine they have bigger plans for him the fighting for the midcard belt.
sendpm.gif