WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

KoC417 is looking to come up from OCW...KoC417 is looking to come up from OCW...KoC417 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
well, doctors kind of have that attitude towards every wrestler, "dont take another bump or it will be your last" and edge is not exactly hurt, this was a precaution I think, but I don't know how long edge is going to be able to set at home without doing anything wrestling wise, and I doubt his wrestling career is really over, I don't think there is anything edge can say that'll convince me otherwise.

didn't angle say he had a career threatening injury, or was sick or something along those lines, then he wound up defecting to TNA, not that edge would ever do that. I guess being sick is a nice way of saying im on pain killers and got a drinking problem now.
No you are very confused. Kurt asked for his release and was granted it due to a groin injury on top of the multitude of other injuries that caused him to become addicted. Kurt had surgery on his neck and it was a success. Not like Edge. Edge is hurt. If the guy is having as many problems as Edge is he IS injured. There is no precaution this IS life or death. Edge chose life. Edge has so much stuff going on in his life he probably doesn't even have time to sit back and miss wrestling. It's not like one of those guys that retires and sits around with family all day reminiscing of his glory days. Edge is doing a TV show I believe it is, he's been doing a host of other things. He even said he's been keeping himself very very busy.

Why won't Edge return? Edge had an MRI and there was so much deterioration of Edge's Central Nervous System and numbness and tingling that he was told that he could no longer wrestle. World Wrestling Entertainment was faced with the prospect that if Edge wrestled another match, he could be paralyzed and bed ridden the rest of his life or could even die in the ring.
Edge CAN'T take another bump. LEGITIMATELY CAN'T take another bump. Narrow spinal + bump= bed ridden or even death. So what would Edge be able to do if his career wasn't over genius?
Take a punch? Whiplash
Take a kick? Whiplash
Body slam? Uh yeah no?
Suplex? I'll get you a glass belly button so you can see clearly.

Edges career is over. WWE will never sign him to a match again for the simple fact that they don't want to risk someone dieing in the ring.
Japan won't sign Edge because well let's face it they've had enough people injured/die in their rings.
TNA won't because they know better and probably couldn't afford Edge with Hogan/Flair on the payroll.

Let Edge bring back the cutting Edge. He could be used as a Tweener host. He could agitate the Faces and mentally demolish the heels. He would be a vital ingredient to help prolong or intensify feuds.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:45 AM

silverbullet is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Well, edge wouldn't be the first wrestler to go against a doctors strict orders, although im not sure if the whole "medically cleared" is a work in wrestling or not, but I still see edge wrestling again, despite what doctors have told him.

stone cold had a few runs after his injury, and has stated that he is 100% healthy, I don't think you can say that edges injuries will never heel, or improve to where he could take a bump, I'm sure edge will pursue any chance at improving or rehabbing that injury, although the guys been through so many injuries.

wrestling and even more so wwe, has always been about "never say never" and to say edge will never wrestle again, is a bit pre mature.

in my original post, I asked you guys not to comment on his injury, and hypothetically give ideas on how to use him in a wrestling return, put all his medical issues aside, and give me some ideas.

he'd be good as a comm, but it would be better to put him with cole, to face commentators are boring lol, plus micheal cole is awesome, you can credit alot to him for daniels push..

Last edited by silverbullet : 04-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM

mrjoe94 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
Well, edge wouldn't be the first wrestler to go against a doctors strict orders, although im not sure if the whole "medically cleared" is a work in wrestling or not, but I still see edge wrestling again, despite what doctors have told him.

stone cold had a few runs after his injury, and has stated that he is 100% healthy, I don't think you can say that edges injuries will never heel, or improve to where he could take a bump, I'm sure edge will pursue any chance at improving or rehabbing that injury, although the guys been through so many injuries.

wrestling and even more so wwe, has always been about "never say never" and to say edge will never wrestle again, is a bit pre mature.

in my original post, I asked you guys not to comment on his injury, and hypothetically give ideas on how to use him in a wrestling return, put all his medical issues aside, and give me some ideas.

he'd be good as a comm, but it would be better to put him with cole, to face commentators are boring lol, plus micheal cole is awesome, you can credit alot to him for daniels push..
Well, if by 'wrestle' you mean that 'thing' we got with Bret Hart and Vince McMahon then by all means that's possible. But even then that's a problem. At least Bret can come back, put someone in the Sharpshooter and leave again without injury. Edge cannot Spear anyone because of the jarring impact to his body. Unless he, for some reason comes up with a new finisher I doubt it happening .
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM

jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gene_Genie View Post
There are a multitude of ways he could be used without ever stepping foot in a ring again:

He's a great worker on the mic so could fulfil a commentary role easily.

They could bring back 'The Cutting Edge' as a regular talk show segment.

He could easily fill a GM role.

He could be a host on one of the many WWE recap shows.

He could be a Tough Enough trainer/host.

He could try his hand at being a manager.

There's probably loads more.
I would use these before EVER letting him into the ring again. Maybe 5 years he can have "one more match" but I wouldn't risk him being paralyzed for life for one match. That's not worth it.

I'd like to see any of these. I'd like to possibly see him replace Lawler (when he wants to retire). There's limitless possibilities but I'd be happy as a fan if he rode off into the sunset and didn't return. The guy deserves to take a break and go after other business venues while he's still young enough to enjoy them.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

smalltownfan is looking to come up from OCW...smalltownfan is looking to come up from OCW...smalltownfan is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all, I think Edge will return to WWE eventually and I believe he's in a position that he can pretty much do what he chooses. To my knowledge, he's been an outstanding employee. Hardly ever a cross word with management and he's done everything that's been asked of him and more. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ended up working as an agent or as one of the head guys in developmental. Commentary is another possibility as well. A scenario that's a little "out there" is Teddy Long planning to overthrow Johnny Ace as the GM of at least SmackDown, but he needs someone to stir the pot more than he can. Who better to recruit than Edge? Edge could lead the brigade to unseat Johnny as SmackDown GM and once that's successful, Edge is promised the job as Teddy's assistant OR Edge ends up doublecrossing Teddy and becomes the GM himself. All sorts of ways but in the end, Edge can pretty much do what he wants.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM
WWE Just Blog It's Bushwhacker

ShatteredDreamsProduction is looking to come up from OCW...

If edge did ever return, (which he wont due to injury), but if he hypothetically did, I think he should come back with Christian as a tag team, and get the tag team division going, and make it relevant in the WWE once again.

I know some people will disagree and say he is too big for it now, but thats exactly what the tag division needs, a big tag team that can bring back those classic matches, who can forget the TLC matches that edge and christian have battled in, against the hardy's and the dudley's.

Those matches are iconic, i can always remember when edge, christian, matt and jeff were all fighting on one ladder to get the contract of Terri Runnels as their manager and $100'000. It was an AWESOME (Thank you Miz) match that showed how much those guys were willing to do as a tag team.

Last edited by ShatteredDreamsProduction : 04-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 06:02 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...

When Edge becomes a little older, I think they could put him in a managerial role, much like Heenan. Problem with that though was Heenan still occasionally took bumps. I really don't know nor does anyone else in this thread knows exactly how much deterioration his neck has. Maybe it's okay that he could take an occasional bump, but just not be good enough to wrestle?

Edge has a good mic presence and can cut a good promo. He could definitely be the voice for a stable of guys who need to either get over or need somebody to talk for them. Problem is he's still associated too much with being a wrestler. A few years away can cure that problem.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM

gasM is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Possible.

Does anyone remember HBK's back injury? He was out for 4 years and ended doing almost another decade when he came back. However he had to risk another match before he realised he was healed - what if Edge paralysed himself in his "One More Match?"
That said, he deserves a better last match than Alberto Del Rio. No offense, but to go out against someone who over-ish, for a title that holds little value, in the opening match? Edge deserves better than that.
Personally I'd use him in a tweener role on The Cutting Edge. I watched him on Raw this week, and JESUS that man can cut a promo. A Piper's Pit circa 1980s style show that furthered feuds or instigated them would be perfect for him to stay relevant and help up and comers get over. It would also give his neck time to heal up if possible, even if it would just to the level to take a bump or two from a heel on the Cutting Edge and help generate some heat.
If he did come back for one last match, Christian would be a good candidate. Sort of a rehash of HBK-HHH in 2002. A Street Fight would allow Edge to hide behind simple punches and weapon usage, while Christian is a good enough performer to carry the match and keep his buddy safe in there. And if Edge was to win, he could do it with a Con-Chair-To - a nod to the E&C days, and to avoid the jarring Spear. If he realised his neck was better (a la HBK) we'd get a great performer back, and if not, he's had a proper swansong in the ring.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM

cmedge is looking to come up from OCW...

Not to be rude to any Edgeheads here but why would you want to see Edge return full time? Edge was good, he was great. I love Edge he was great especially during 2006-2009 and his stuff with Christian and even from 2001-2005. But Edge can't wrestle. If you seen Edge's last run from 2010-2011 he clearly wasn't as good as he once was he lost it.

Edge was great but I didn't find him so great in his last run. I've even met Edge before. But he just isn't what he was anymore.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Brewin95 is looking to come up from OCW...

Edge is probably on painkillers for his neck injury, are you stupid? Edge left as WHC and as being probably the 3rd or 4th biggest player in the WWE why would he leave just for some extra heat when he returns (never)? He isn't going to wrestle again and imaging a hypothetical storyline is as close as getting him back, so shut up you idiot.
sendpm.gif