WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Workrate is looking to come up from OCW...Workrate is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarred One View Post
Looking at this, does anyone think that Kevin Fertig never lived up to his potential?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarred One View Post
But what do you guys think? Did Thorn not get the proper chance to live up to his potential or was he just another big guy who couldn't cut it?
These two questions and the way they're worded is key. To the first: yes, absolutely. Plans were for him to face the Undertaker at a WrestleMania and the highest he ever made it was maybe a main event of WWECW on Sci-Fi. From that standpoint alone, he absolutely failed to live up to his potential. There's no other way around it.

As for the second one: he got the proper chance and on more than one occasion blew it by doing something stupid outside the ring. If you're an established star, you can afford a misstep. This guy took massive plans and fumbled them away over a bar fight, then came back and dropped the ball again. He never built up any capital with management to afford being stupid outside the ring.

In short: yep, "just another big guy (except he wasn't all that big) who couldn't cut it."
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Mad Fer It!
WCW Champion

Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...

I thought Thorn was decent enough in ECW, though nothing special. I didnt see him as much of a loss when he was released. The Mordecai gimmick he had was pretty interesting though, I would liked to have seen that continue for a lot longer and actually get into a feud with Undertaker. I doubt it would have been a long term deal though, and Mordecai would have been killed off when 'Taker defeated him.

However, I miss Ariel. She was sexy as hell, and what a pair of tits she had. I would LOVE to see Shelly Martinez back in the WWE! She is completely different to ny of the other divas and would be welcomed back onto my TV for sure!

BRING BACK TARA!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Old School Legend
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...UltimateHitman is looking to come up from OCW...

Ah, I get to the end of the page and see what I was looking for. A fellow Mordecai believer.

I loved the Mordecai gimmick. I loved the vignettes, I loved the supernatural feel to the whole upcoming storyline, I loved the "comic book-y" type program he and Taker could have had.

But, for reasons of his own sins (ironic, eh?), the idea was canned, never to return.

Things have evolved too much for that gimmick to work now, whether it was brought back solely for Taker or not. As much as it pains me to say so, he probably wouldn't work now.

But there is always that level of uncertainty and element of surprise in this business. Who's to say that people wouldn't welcome more of that kind of thing and the gimmick could actually thrive?

Unlike other people, I think Mordecai could still be hanging around today, much like Taker has all these years. I could see him being one of the "timeless" characters in professional wrestling if things had worked out differently.

Sadly, we will always wonder "what if" with Mordecai...
Posters like you are the reason I made this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Lets go Hitman! Lets go Hitman!
sendpm.gif