WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM

ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...

This is a great thread, because I tried to think of what I'd do with R-Truth and had trouble coming up with opponents. His spot on the roster is really unclear - is he a fringe main eventer? (He still gets a closeup in the opening credits of RAW) Is he a midcarder? A tag division guy? Some possible directions:

1) Tag division: They've already set this up teaming with Kofi against the tag champs, but it hasn't really stuck. Personally I'm lukewarm on this. I'm fine with Kofi going for the tag belts, but I'd rather do something more interesting with Truth. What, though?

2) Cody Rhodes: You'd think Cody would be headed for RAW soon as he's been on Smackdown since forever. This could be a fun first feud for Cody, the promos alone would be something else. Of course, Truth's been on RAW forever himself and could be headed for Smackdown.

3) Dolph Ziggler: Ziggler works well with anybody, but they seem keyed on pairing Zigs with younger talent right now. Another pair that would be very entertaining on the mic.

4) Daniel Bryan: Bryan should work with upper level guys right now. Could be fine for a brief TV feud.

5) Alberto Del Rio: Not feeling the chemistry for this one. If nothing else, it would be too hard to follow the promos as both can be difficult to understand at times.

6) Christian: This could be a great midcard feud for a couple months. They'll need filler for things like Over The Limit and this could deliver. This is my favorite scenario for Smackdown. For Raw? I'd pair him with..

7) United States Champion David Otunga: If they have Otunga/Ace take the belt from Santino, Truth would be a great option for his next feud. This may well be what they're setting up, with Truth's re-established allegiance to Team Teddy.
sendpm.gif