WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-17-2012, 02:16 PM

rerun406 is looking to come up from OCW...rerun406 is looking to come up from OCW...rerun406 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by La PaperGhostique View Post
No DQ.

Now then, I felt this was the best ti to ask this question as Tensai was not really generating any roll and a week prior it would've been all Clay here. Last night changed everything. The man is entertaining with his arsenal and antics. Kinda not happy with his bright gear and all and his shape but lets see.
just because Tensai-Cena was no DQ/Extreme Rules doesn't mean it was a clean finish. Tensai had outside help from Otunga who broke up a submission attempt and the finish came after green mist to Cena's eyes

but a win's a win and clean or not Tensai pinned Cena

as for Brodus Clay, he is more known for the dancing and other antics but I think he has a ton of upside and maybe down the line his character can be tweaked so he can be taken more seriously down the line
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Mr. Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...#heel420 is looking to come up from OCW...

I like them both. Brodus Clay's gimmick is like Flash Funk and Taz had a baby. And Lord Tensai can be a great monster heel if he is pushed right and that victory over Cena last night was a good start.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM

Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...Jerichoholic8894 is looking to come up from OCW...

Brodus Clay. Why? He's over witht he fans
Before he was probably more boring than a divas match.

Lord Tensai is still about as over as A-Train was, just with a fresher gimmick
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM

Rockyfolifebo!!! is looking to come up from OCW...

Me personally, I'm going to go with Clay. I hated Clay during his first run. I thought he was boring, and another clone (just bigger) to the roster. Then they come out with this fresh new character! Walking out dancing, yelling out his moves, sexy dancers on his side, addicting funky theme music. It's all cool! Plus he's actually pretty good in the ring for a guy his size. I said it earlier, he actually reminds me of Rikishi. (that's a compliment!)

As for Lord Tensai, I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. I don't know why, but I feel that he needs a better gimmick. Why couldn't he just be Albert again?! Plus he's not getting over with the crowd, WWE is constantly collecting "Albert" and "A-Train" signs from the crowd. His gimmick is just cheesy to me. I'll take him more serious if his gimmick changes.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM

Tully is looking to come up from OCW...

I like Clay's Funkasaurus more than Albert's Tensai. The Funkasaurus WORKS (see: every crowd pop he gets when his music hits). His flabby gut is part of his gimmick and works.

Tensai OTOH has a decent entrance, etc....but then he takes off his mask and outfit and it's just another Big Fat White Guy. Gone is the illusion that he's some sort of "Lord" or has any 'Oriental' background. It's just flabby Albert with a fat belly.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM

Existence_is_Futile is looking to come up from OCW...

i have to say, the best re-packaging is Tensai.... they shaved his back hair

i am actually tired of Clay, i think the gimmick is boring, and would rather see a monster, thats just me.

i was actually excited about tensai, but have not really paid much attention to him.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 PM

Sinabite is looking to come up from OCW...

Brodus wins........one simple reason.

IT"S ALL IN THE HANDS

Forgive me for forgetting what the move is called, but when Brodus is dancing and does the little claw things with his hands from side to side........looks awesome.

Lord Tensai, liks to imitate tae-kwon do moves on the fly by crossing his hands vivdly while spinning around like an idiot.........then he (get this) SPITS food color into his OWN hand.

So ask again......which is cooler? A dance move that I'm sure Soulja Boy is kicking himself for not coming up with first.........or spitting into your own hand?

Both PEOPLE are losers though......dont get me wrong I used to LOVE the over-the-top 80's style wrestlers..........I mean Atom Bomb and Earthquake were as good as it got in my book as a 10 year old. but those days are over......Micheal Jackson turned white.....then died. You can't send guys like Taker back to "parts unknown" and let him compete in an entire match with his eyes rolled in the back of his head......it just doesnt work anymore and neither do these characters.

If ANYONE has drawn my attention, it would be Tensai's little follower.......after watching him go to work last night, I want to see more of him. It's completely OK to have a manager who NEVER wrestles in a match but still is involved in ALL of them
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM

MondayNight90s is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it would be Brodus because he is actually over with the fans even though his new gimmick is pretty much a PG version of the Godfather. Lord Tensai isn't really getting over and the crowds have been chanting "Albert" during his matches because that is who he will always be in many people's eyes.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-26-2012, 03:44 PM

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

Brodus like many said he offers somethng different is over with the fans somehting which automatically makes his matches more watchable, seeing them do something like this with a big guy is great in my book.

Tensai to me just seems like another generic monster-heel that will get maybe on title match at a PPV, lose and then spend the rest of his short tenure languishing in the mid-card as enhancement talent or filler in multi-person matches like the EC.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM

Indeed is looking to come up from OCW...

Tensai is just...bad. The noises he makes in the ring? Annoying. The promos that he cuts? Poor. The ring gear he wears? Laughable. And the name? It just doesn't feel right when you say it.

Clay, on the other hand, has an entertaining gimmick, plays the character well, and has two very attractive valets. He's a modern day Godfather/2 Cool type of guy and if WWE gives him time and some good mid-card feuds, he could be a solid guy.
sendpm.gif