WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Saving WZ one post at a time.
WWE Diva's Champion

Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaonly1guly View Post
I fear that you WWE Marks won't stop making such idiotic topics like this one. There are two wrestling promotions right now...so live with it! All you guys always bashing wrestlers that are in TNA instead of WWE are pathetic. Reality is TNA has a much better product and wrestlers stay there because they are appreciated not because of the money like WWE. Guys that left TNA to go back to WWE went back for one reason...MONEY. That is all. Not because it is better.

So again I say...Get over it. TNA is here to stay and people like Kurt Angle are not going to be better off in WWE just because your loyalty to WWE allows you to believe so.
This has nothing to do with WWE marks wishing TNA didn't exist. It has everything to do with the well-being of a particular wrestler and a few people made the point that WWE would take care of this wrestler better than TNA would... and they're not wrong.

WWE isn't trying to build their brand, they don't need guys like Kurt Angle going at break-neck speed trying to establish them.

WWE has a wellness policy in place where a guy who's abusing substances and isn't taking care of himself gets sent home, as opposed to TNA where that guy is allowed to walk out and ruin the main event of your PPV.

WWE has a rehabilitation program where they pay for employees, past or present, who need help to go and get it.

WWE has their "Legends Contracts" where they pay a substantial salary to retired guys to use their image and likeness and they don't have to do anything further to earn it.

So stop being a TNA fanboy trying to turn this into a flame war over "who has a better product." Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion.

Fave 5
1. CM Punk
2. Boobs
3. Golden Girls Re-Runs
4. CM Punk
5. Sun Chips
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM

thaonly1guly is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurnewhero View Post
This has nothing to do with WWE marks wishing TNA didn't exist. It has everything to do with the well-being of a particular wrestler and a few people made the point that WWE would take care of this wrestler better than TNA would... and they're not wrong.

WWE isn't trying to build their brand, they don't need guys like Kurt Angle going at break-neck speed trying to establish them.

WWE has a wellness policy in place where a guy who's abusing substances and isn't taking care of himself gets sent home, as opposed to TNA where that guy is allowed to walk out and ruin the main event of your PPV.

WWE has a rehabilitation program where they pay for employees, past or present, who need help to go and get it.

WWE has their "Legends Contracts" where they pay a substantial salary to retired guys to use their image and likeness and they don't have to do anything further to earn it.

So stop being a TNA fanboy trying to turn this into a flame war over "who has a better product." Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion.
You just proved my point MARK. The last time I checked "quote on quote" Kurt Angle was already addicted to pain killers before asking for his release. Before he even asked for his release he asked for time off to get better which Vince McMahon informed him that he will rehab while still working on the road...sounds like Vince was really trying to take care of him. And the last time I checked he didn't fail a drug test in WWE...interesting, huh. Come on people if you are going to come at me please come at me with some actual facts and not something you dreamnt up because you want to believe that WWE is a better place for "everybody".

Reality is that I too care about Kurt Angle's well being as I would any wrestler. But what doesn't make sense is making a topic about it but instead of the topic focusing on his actual well being the topic is really about him going to WWE for a final run because according to all the MARKS that have posted on here TNA is bad for his health and WWE is full of loving and caring people. I think the facts say differently.

So to all you WWE MARKS out there I would like to quote an ignorant person that I hardly know(here's looking at you Yurnewhero)..."Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion."
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM

dudedudedude is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
I fear that you WWE Marks won't stop making such idiotic topics like this one. There are two wrestling promotions right now...so live with it! All you guys always bashing wrestlers that are in TNA instead of WWE are pathetic. Reality is TNA has a much better product and wrestlers stay there because they are appreciated not because of the money like WWE. Guys that left TNA to go back to WWE went back for one reason...MONEY. That is all. Not because it is better.

So again I say...Get over it. TNA is here to stay and people like Kurt Angle are not going to be better off in WWE just because your loyalty to WWE allows you to believe so.
You're an idiot. This has nothing to do with TNA bashing, jesus christ, you TNA fanboys are so paranoid.

This has to do witht he fact that Kurt Angle has some serious serious problems. That no out, outside the WWE originally, seems to wanna do anything about it. He has gotten off DUI charges on Technicalities. The Rumours of the state of his neck are downright scarey. In fact, if you look at photos of him, less the 3 year ago to now, you can clearly see a break down in his arm size (a big big big big big big big giveaway in suspected spinal issues). And don't get me started on the whole Olympic thing...he had no chance....not cause of lack of talent, but because, there was no way in hell he was going to pass any IOC standard drug testing.

Again, this is not TNA bashing, it is concern people have for another human being.

EDIT:

Vince Told Kurt to go to Rehab. Not rehab on the road. Just straight rehab. He refused. They reached an impass, and Kurt asked for his release. It was granted. And one would assume he had failed a test, which lead to the rehab request.

Last edited by dudedudedude : 04-17-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: additional info
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Saving WZ one post at a time.
WWE Diva's Champion

Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...Yurnewhero is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
You just proved my point MARK. The last time I checked "quote on quote" Kurt Angle was already addicted to pain killers before asking for his release. Before he even asked for his release he asked for time off to get better which Vince McMahon informed him that he will rehab while still working on the road...sounds like Vince was really trying to take care of him. And the last time I checked he didn't fail a drug test in WWE...interesting, huh. Come on people if you are going to come at me please come at me with some actual facts and not something you dreamnt up because you want to believe that WWE is a better place for "everybody".

Reality is that I too care about Kurt Angle's well being as I would any wrestler. But what doesn't make sense is making a topic about it but instead of the topic focusing on his actual well being the topic is really about him going to WWE for a final run because according to all the MARKS that have posted on here TNA is bad for his health and WWE is full of loving and caring people. I think the facts say differently.

So to all you WWE MARKS out there I would like to quote an ignorant person that I hardly know(here's looking at you Yurnewhero)..."Aside from your opinion being delusional and ludicrous, it has nothing to do with the current discussion."
If you were so "fact oriented" you would know that Kurt Angle admitted that he lied about what his story behind leaving WWE was.

Kurt was released because he didn't want to slow down like WWE wanted him to. He REFUSED rehab. Kurt never failed a drug test, because he left before the wellness policy was put into place. Kurt was actually on constant "deathwatch" during that time.

There are many reasons why Kurt should have a last run in WWE, and his well-being is definitely one of them. You insist WWE isn't better, yet you have yet to name one positive for TNA...

TNA is the company that saw Jeff Hardy toasted out of his mind, yet let him go to the ring and try and compete. TNA is the company that when Konnan (at the time, a full-time employee) needed money for surgery, TNA gave it AND MADE HIM PAY IT BACK. TNA is the company that's currently being sued by Daffney for putting her in dangerous situations against her wishes, and then when she got hurt REFUSED to pay any of her medical bills resulting from their actions.

I'm not a blind "WWE mark" I watch and enjoy TNA just as much, but TNA is unbiasedly a shit place to work. Their focus is building their brand, not taking care of their workers.

WWE will pay for Kurt's rehab, keep him on a light schedule, and when he calls it quits he gets a Hall of Fame Ring, a legends contract, and enough residuals where he'll never have to work again. What can TNA give him?

I never said WWE is full of "loving and caring people" but as mentioned, they have programs in place that would greatly benefit Kurt, and TNA has nothing to match them. And that's a FACT.

Fave 5
1. CM Punk
2. Boobs
3. Golden Girls Re-Runs
4. CM Punk
5. Sun Chips
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
The Mouth of the South Shore
Knockout Champion

JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...JJYanks121 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've actually spoken about this many times so it's sort of interesting that someone made a thread about it.

I suppose the first time I really publicized my thoughts on this topic was on my website in July of 2010. I had attended a TNA show in Brooklyn and at the show, Kurt had the best match of the night. If I was just blinded by that, I would have said "wow, Kurt looks great, looks like he can go for years". However, being that I was there covering the event, I had to look deeper. While I did not get to talk to Kurt, I did get to look in his eyes. As he limped by me, barely able to walk, I told him that he performed admirably that day. He turned and our eyes met, and that's when everything changed.

What I saw when I looked in Kurt's eyes was........nothing. It was cold in there and he appeared lifeless. It was as if this Kurt was a caricature of this former great wrestler, not the same man we used to watch. It was a scary thought and sight, and despite the mostly sardonic tone of my observational piece, I added this observation to my notepad as I probably affected me more than anything else at the show.

Now every time I see Kurt, I think of that day. I watch him on TV and I see the same dead eyes and I do fear the worst for him. He has very publically cried out for help from his nonsensical twitter rants to his arrests but yet nobody helps him. Because his matches continue to be good, no one is willing to see the bigger issue here. This is a man with MAJOR problems and it scares me to think that his life and/or other lives could be in danger.

At the time I saw him, I said that I felt he should probably stop wrestling for his own good. Disregarding that he still had a great match that night, health means more than ability. I felt for his well being, he should end his career. I thought it was going to happen when he lost at BFG 2010 but it didn't happen. It should have though because things keep getting worse and that fear grows every day. I would never wish bad things upon anyone so I continue to hope that the damage isn't already done with him. Find an exit strategy and get out before something really bad happens.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
The Ingrate One
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes and no. Yes because I'm aware of his personal demons and while he seems to have made some progress it often feels like theres no one around him trying to help him. We all hear of Scott Hall having the Kliq there for him and other than Kurt no one seems to be talking about Angle in a positive light. No because the fact of the matter is that most public figures die young. Whether its in wrestling, music, movies, when you live life under a microscope with an almost unlimited amount of cash its easy to slip through the cracks. While a WWE return might save his career, one has to question how well these two parties will work together considering the nature in which Kurt departed from the company.

No because Kurt is a grown man. Even though the damage has been done to his body and we might not see an elderly Kurt Angle getting inducted into the HOF, he seems to have good sense of self and have other things going for him besides the wrestling industry. Society will turn its back on an aging wrestler, but Kurt's gold medal can make him relevant every 4 years.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Half Man Half Biscuit
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Chess is looking to come up from OCW...Chess is looking to come up from OCW...

Why are we fearing for Kurt? He is still one of the best wrestlers out there and despite carrying injuries he still outperforms nearly every other current talent in either TNA or WWE.

Yes Angle used to have a perscription pill issue and may like his drink but at least he is not doing the harder drugs that many on this forum use or even Jeff Hardy used. Many people take pills in life for all kind of things from depression, pain relief, hay fever...blah blah.

Angle clearly is not in a bad way and I am sure TNAwill not let another Hardy situation arise. Kurt now has a much reduced schedule and never looks high on painkillers, to me anyway. Also let the man drink just keep him away from cars when he does.

Finally he craves attention but so does everyone who has tasted fame so why should we worry for Kurt. To me Kurt is the greatest ever and while he still has it in in let him entertain us.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM

Lewis617 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lewis617

I don't think going back to WWE would help, he is going to have a rough time without all the spotlight on him. I just find it sad that he got into the best shape of his life while in TNA. Could you imagine how much more stardom he could have gotten in WWE had he been in that physical condition while he was there? Also, Twitter is ruining his image. How many times is his page gonna get "hacked"? Jus cuz you get drunk and decide to finger f*** the keyboard doesn't mean you can claim it gets hacked everytime. Plus half of the tweets he does when he is sober is full of typos or statements/sentences or whatever that don't make sense. I'm not bashin him for incorrect use of grammar, but I will get a little out of line and say this.......he needs to get his head checked. All the injuries he has had through the years, and he was in WWE the same time as Benoit and he took beatings just as Benoit did. The question(s) I want answered are:
Did he use steroids to help get back from injuries? If so was he ever hooked? Is he still hooked? Is his brain in the same shape Benoits was late in his career?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 AM

CenaBYW is looking to come up from OCW...

Guys, let's face it.

Pro wrestling is still a sport to somebody. To me and to most of the fans for example, but not only I guess.

At the end of the day, it's not really the internet's opinion on what is better for this or that wrestler or this or that promotion or this or that storyline to make the difference. Wrestling would be better if so was? Not 100% sure.

Kurt Angle is a competitor with an intense passion, with amazing talent and with a goal on his head businesswise. Roberto Baggio, one of the greatest soccer players of all time, probably in the top 5, repeatedly broke his knee over his career (first time he was 16). And he played til 37. Sportsmen, competitors, players in general don't give it up on their weaknesses. Angle knows he can still hit the show stealer ANYTIME, like he did last Sunday or probably a hundred times throughout his brilliant career. It must be even hard for himself to watch Taker and HHH having the match of the Century and stay there staring at them specially if he knows he can do better than that.

Then he comes out to the ring: all the Internet fans fear for his health during the match imagining he would not stand up after that last released German; he is wrestling in front of a semi empty auditorium; he hits that which is easily the best match in over 18 months for his promotion - oh, and guess who was part of the previous one -; Internet fans are amazed; Internet fans calm down and start worrying again for his health, secretly hoping he's crazy enough to keep doing his thing and give us unbelievably good matches with more injuries on his track than probably any active wrestler in TNA, or even in North America; Internet fans then laugh about him trying to top Undi-HHH to come back again on his health issues and his bad behavior in real life.

Who for should he stop? This is LIFE guys, and life to me is about being the best you can be. If all the rumors mentioned here are truth, then he is a lonely man. And he probably is, considering the amount of his tweets and how he desperately tries to have human contacts so to speak. The only things that lonely human beings can use to prevent themselves from depression or self destruction is passion. Kurt has it, and when he puts all the 30% (probably less) he's got left in the ring THAT passion still gives him a reason to be alive. So now I ask you this question: do you think Kurt would have done more or less shit than he did in real life if he stopped wrestling when he was medically supposed to? Or, even worse: would he still be alive?

I am a hundred percent sure Kurt Will never regret the moment he injuries himself to paralysis if that is ever to happen, as many say.

Stories like this one make wrestling the greatest fucking thing in the World, and those who watch it as a male oriented sports based soap opera can be rethorically destroyed just by LEGENDS like these. If I meet Kurt Angle tomorrow, I'll just thank him for the many amazing matches he gave me the privilege to watch and for the wrestling legend he his, as well as everybody here would do.

As much as a Cena fan I am, Cena would retire in his conditions, like everyone would. Angle wants to wrestle himself till humanly possible, and as stupid as it may sound, I respect him for that.

Last edited by CenaBYW : 04-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Future Endeavored

Domo Nation is looking to come up from OCW...

The thing I fear more than anything is another idiotic post from you. Do you know the man? I'm pretty sure you don't. Do you think the man is abusing drugs if he was an injury away from making the FREAKING OLYMPIC TEAM??? Pretty sure they test for drugs. Not to mention the fact that he's going back to WWE soon (mark my words) and they test too. Pure conjecture about a man you don't even know based on a bunch of stuff you pulled out of your rectum is completely asinine and unproductive to an actual discussion about wrestling.

Spend your time fearing for and worrying about people you actually know.

/thread