WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...

They just need to comeback to Montreal already. We've waited enough.

But to be honest I see two ways. First some market are more vocal, you need to go in those markets.

Two when a city wait for a while for a show (Montreal will explode... if they haven't drive all the "hardcore" fans away with their product and lack of presence. Last time they came here for the breaking point PPV Cena didn't get booed out of the building as much as he would have been a couple of years before when Montreal was clearly a smark city) they usually react bigger.

Look at London when they get a show a year, they want to be part of the action, otherwise stay at home, the advantage of going there is to be able to express yourself. I just don't understand dead crowd.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...justinept is looking to come up from OCW...

This is simple to me. Those crowds during the Attitude Era didn't just cheer a wrestling match, popping for the chain wrestling or the technical ability of the wrestlers. They weren't even original in their "pops," instead choosing to just chant or -sing a long - when the situations called for it.

Honestly, who on this board hasn't chanted "Asshole" in the direction of Vince McMahon at a live event?

When Foley, Hardy or any of the other wrestlers did something insane, did the fans applaud? No. They chanted. Holy Shit. Holy Shit. Holy Shit.

When Steve Austin grabbed a microphone, what did the crowd do? They gave him a "Hell Yea" when they were prompted to do so.

The same can be said for The Rock, a guy whose promos became a sing-a-long with the fans.

How many people in the building didn't scream "Suck It" when they were prompted to do so by DX? ... or scream "You Suck" during Kurt Angle's entrance?

Were you one of the people screaming with Jericho as he welcomed us to "RAW IS JERICHO?" I was. I even enjoyed screeching out my best "EEEEEEEEEVVVER" at the end of every Jericho promo.

My point is this, the WWE is notorious for the 5-minute match, making it incredibly difficult to truly pop out of a appreciation at a live event. If the WWE wants to get 15-20,000 fans incredibly loud under that structure, then they need to give their fans a common direction with which to use their voice. In the Attitude Era, that direction came in the form of chants and catch phrases.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

cm ben is looking to come up from OCW...cm ben is looking to come up from OCW...

I second the booze thing. And they didn't stop selling booze at events. If beer counts as booze. I got an $8 Budweiser at the last event I was at. I would say start selling CHEAPER booze at events, but that's probably up to the venue/catering company, rather than the WWE itself. They probably just get a percentage of all food/drink sold, and the venue keeps the rest (because its their staff serving it, etc.)
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Wrestling fanatic 4 life

Attitude Era Junkie is looking to come up from OCW...

It's pretty easy to figure out how to get louder crowds. The WWE needs to listen to what the fans want to see instead of what Vince wants all the time. Get rid of a lot of the little kids and replace them with teenagers and adults and have wrestlers worth cheering for like they are doing with Daniel Bryan right now.

The Attitude Era had the hottest crowds because of all the adults going crazy and they had a reason to go crazy since we had amazing personalities like Austin and The Rock along with all the adult storylines and half naked girls.

Now there just isn't much to cheer for and half of the crowd is little kids.

But I don't need to point these things out. You guys already know.

Last edited by Attitude Era Junkie : 04-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Shalashaska is looking to come up from OCW...

The way wrestling promotions and territories have always done it, give the people compelling, believable angles between guys who can wrestle and that the fans care about. Then they cheer loud. This has become hard in this day and age because of numerous reasons, most of which are well documented and explained by many pro wrestling veterans and enthusiasts.

Basically the art of booking is dead, the art of feeling the people is dead and as a result you don't get the reaction of people watching a big fight that they waited months to see, you get the reaction of people watching a modern day circus performance that they know does not matter, therefore why bother cheering?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe put out better product. I'm talking about matches, storylines, wrestlers, promos. Maybe even cut down on PPVs. I'm not saying I just want the main four, but what about 9. They have to make up their mind too. What matches do you want at a certain PPV? What name do you want for the PPV's. Example; You dont want the traditional Survivor Serie Matches, ok. But then you come out with Braging Right. with the same concept. Com' On Man. I would also end the brand split so superstars can see who they would mesh with for certain matches and storylines. I would also make the tag team divison stronger. Also work on the Divas, at one time I did not mind watching their matches.

Last edited by theBec2101 : 04-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM

studaman31 is looking to come up from OCW...

there is no way of controlling the noise of a crowd. personally i think its the type of people that go to the venues. its a lot of families and unfortunately they are not going to be very loud.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

studaman31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Infact its the same as when i go to watch the football at wembley stadium. atmosphere is poor for england games because its mainly families. unlike local games where u get the die hard men screaming
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Master of the Aussie kiss
WCW TV Champion

Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to Sparky

Seeing they never fully sell out Raw's, Why not Hire a few guys and put them into the crowd in different places. Mob Mentality I think it's called. Get the people that are hired to start chanting or clapping ect at specific times, The rest will simply join in. It wouldn't even cost them anything if they did it right. try telling me you wouldn't go to a Raw event for free if all you had to do was start a few chants.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't for the life of me get why people think rehashing the Attitude era would bring louder crowds and or more fans. Thats not the answer!!!!! The attitude era worked back then. Just like Goldberg worked backed then. Even now as popular as the Rock is he doesn't give the WWE tremendous boosts in ratings and he certainly didn't during his fued with Cena leading up to Mania. Thats not saying the Rock isn't as popular as he was back then but Pro Wrestling as a whole is not as popular anymore. Pro wrestling would have to hit another Golden Age for the crowds to get the way people want. Rehashing old era's or gimmicks or storylines is not the answer. You need fresh new era's new faces new storylines that catch people attention. People don't wanna see John Cena holding the title all the time anymore. People wanna see CM Punk hold it. People wanna see CM Punk face guys who seem impossible for him to beat. Super Cena has lost its luster for most. People wanna see Brock Lesnar kick ass whether u like him or not people wanna see Brock Lesnar. He may suck on the mic but people wanna see him,Why???? Cause he is a freak of nature!!!!! Its the same reason Vince likes Ryback the guy is a Freak of Nature physically!!!! Brodus Clay same thing!!!! The WWE is trying to do the right thing to get people popping. They just need time to build the right guys up.
sendpm.gif