WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM

Self High 5 is looking to come up from OCW...Self High 5 is looking to come up from OCW...

While the emotional pay-off of a Storm win would have been great, I agree with most that this was the right move. Roode is just too good to be cast aside at the first hint of a serious challenge to his title. Storm will have his time eventually.

So, do we reckon there will be a like for like rematch at Sacrifice, or will they cool this off for another month and extend Roode's reign further and build again for a Slammiversary rematch?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 AM
WWE European Champion

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self High 5 View Post
While the emotional pay-off of a Storm win would have been great, I agree with most that this was the right move. Roode is just too good to be cast aside at the first hint of a serious challenge to his title. Storm will have his time eventually.

So, do we reckon there will be a like for like rematch at Sacrifice, or will they cool this off for another month and extend Roode's reign further and build again for a Slammiversary rematch?
I agree and as far as what's next for Roode, I think AJ Styles might be heading for a title shot at Slammiversary. Hell, maybe even a three-way between AJ, Roode and Storm. Wouldn't mind AJ winning in that case, to be honest. At this point I wouldn't mind AJ winning it one on one against Roode. AJ can then move on to a feud with Storm where neither guy goes heel but there's definite tension between them, with Storm being angry that AJ took Roode out and it was 'meant' to be Storm's fight. Who knows but Roode winning was the right move.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM
#DemBoys

RawIsJericho is looking to come up from OCW...

No reason to take the belt off Roode right now, he gets better by the week, still plenty left in this run.

Storm's time will come, not to worry.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Ambassador of the Grind
Knockout Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This isn't the end for these two, especially the way it ended. Roode is still the champ, but Storm walked out of the cage whereas Roode was knocked out. I wouldn't be surprised if Roode holds onto the title all the way to BFG. Can't really complain about it though. Roode has been getting better as the weeks go by so him as the champ is still a strong point.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MB1025 is looking to come up from OCW...MB1025 is looking to come up from OCW...

I am wondering if they are going to move away from the just tries to escape champion to more of a HHH type champion. You could tell there was more intensity in his promo on the go home show and at the PPV. I hope they do this because it will not only freshen up his character, but the matches as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Ambassador of the Grind
Knockout Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I gotta say I too was surprised that there wasn't at least one title change at Lockdown. I didn't watch it but I did read the results immediately afterwards. From what I gathered it seems the crowd in Nashville was lackluster at best. I think Austin Aries should've been featured in a singles match, perhaps against Bully Ray. Not surprised by the outcome of the title match with Roode and Storm. Velvet and Gail could've went either way, but I thought Velvet was getting the title back after the long awaited rematch. I'll probably check it out on Youtube later tonight.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I went on a limb and ordered the ppv. For the most part it was bad. More cons than pros. James Storm should have won that match. I was hoping to be wrong in my prediction of Garrett pinning Eric. The Tag team title match disappointed. Crimson sucks and should not have a winning streak. I wish they would have had Morgan end that shit. Eric Young and ODB having the womens tag titles is stupid and I was hoping the hot Sarita and Rosita would win the titles back. The tv title match sucked as does the Robbie E gimmick. Hardy vs Angle was good as was the bump Gail Kim took after Velvet gave her a sunset flip. I was glad to see Hogan at the show, but his segment with Flair was pointless. I give the show a 4/10.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
We shy worth hair
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

. scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella.... scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm gonna discuss the main event & the lethal lockdown. Everything else was either fine or as bad as expected(I'm looking at you Garrett) in my eyes.

The lethal lockdown was pretty crappy in comparison to the rest of them but that's not what I'm holding my issues with; can the heel team EVER win this? I don't think that they have ever won. It's pretty annoying at this stage. Also I'd just like to throw a "fuck Garrett" in here. Fuck Garrett.

Also i feel that Bully Ray is the best heel in TNA and as such he doesn't really need the championship. He doesn't even need the wins and he can make everybody look great and still maintain momentum. Because he's Calfzilla

Roode is basically a Canadian Triple H with more talent right now. Really complements Storm's redneck HBK shtick. And that's really what's refreshing about Roode, seeing someone go back to the old bread and butter of wrestling, something that's been proven to work and doing it well. What makes Roode sort of unique that he really has a reason to be bitter and openly an asshole, he got screwed out of his BFG moment and then he was seemingly becoming the Jannetty of Beer Money and he couldn't deal with it. There's but one problem and it's the fact that the booking of the Storm/Roode feud has been good but lazy. I'm gonna get massacred for this but It's that same WCW mindset where two guys would feud for six months over the belt, but that was it. No deeper story, no interesting twists, just two guys fighting every single PPV. That's lazy writing. Easy writing, but lazy writing. And it doesn't work. I pray im wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharu7 in response to me calling him an idiot View Post
Yeah...Coming from a Comma...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM

dencar84 is looking to come up from OCW...

I watched this ppv last night and you know what I didn't see: rappers, big goofy guys dancing and wasting time, celebrities going over actual wrestlers, and other nonsense.
what I did see was match after match of solid wrestling, there may not have been any title changes but so what, thats how you make a change mean a lot you build the champion up so we he does eventually lose it really means something.
No matter how good of a show TNA puts on people will still dump all over it (I not saying this was 5 stars but it was better wrestling-wise than anything WWE has done (with the exception of Taker/HHH) in months) and I am absolutley sick of it.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

Well im sure I will get ripped for this but I don't care really. For one of TNA's better PPVs this Lockdown (sans Angle/Jeff Hardy) just flat out sucked. They missed a golden oppurtunity to have Storm win the Title and sure this can be compared to Roode not winning at first but the setup was perfect almost but they f*ck it up again. Lethal Lockdown was just flat and oh goody Bischoff Jr gets the deciding pin on a Major PPV. The rest was just bad and im glad I didn't pay for that crap.

Also that Nashville Crowd was terrible and it sounded like a WCW 2000 PPV Crowd. Plus no pyro and the Entrances felt like I was watching a House Show instead of a PPV.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
sendpm.gif