WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should we complain?
Yes 93 78.81%
No 25 21.19%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 AM
WWF Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...Why Always Me is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all I would say there is no-one right now who really sparks my interest.

Back in the day The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, Triple H, Hardys, Dudleys, DX, Too Cool etc all had my interest. The you had a WOMEN'S division (not Divas's) with Lita, Trish, Molly, Victoria, and followed with Mickie James that was interesting to watch.

The main stars today should be Cena (yes opinion on him is divided), Orton (see Cena), Punk, Lesnar and Daniel Bryan. They should be the Austins, Triple H's, Rock's and Taker's of today, the main guys.

Sheamus and Wade Barrett bore me to death, I'm sorry but they do.

Would like to see Drew McIntyre used more.

Santino just does the same thing every week, gay walk to the ring, splits, hip toss, head butt and Cobra. Nothing else to his matches. Today at tennis I was talking to a fellow WWE fan saying that years ago I used to get excited for European Title matches on Raw between X Pac and D'Lo Brown, Women's matches with Trish, Lita and Molly and seeing the Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian battling for the Tag Team Titles. Barely seen the Tag Champs in the last 3 months.

The Roster Split/Brand Extension needs to go, no where near enough talent to keep it going. ALL the titles mean jack atm, people will say they are props, but we are supposed to buy into the fact that everyone wants to be WWE Champion someday.

The last two years, the Royal Rumble winner has OPENED Wrestlemania, baffles the mind. One WWE Undisputed World title is needed. Cena, Orton, Punk etc do not need to wrestle every Raw and Smackdown, do what Austin used to do, come out to the ring, raise hell and leave. Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan etc are guys that SHOULD be wrestling more because they are the guys trying to break through to the top level.

The only things olding my attention are Lesnar v Cena and Punk v Jericho. The last 2 ppv main events have been non title matches as was Survivor Series. Being champion USED to mean something, now means squat. Extreme Rules main event will be Cena v Lesnar, NON title.

PG rating isn't as restrictive as some people make it out to be, but there is a lot of cheesey stuff. 3 Stooges, NOT FUNNY.

Bottom line, wrestling will never be as popular as it used to be. I will still watch Raw, occasionally Smackdown and the free PPV's along with Mania. But for me I can't see it being the same ever again. If people agree/disagree with me, feel free to say so.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM

thestud77 sold outthestud77 sold out
Default Ways WWE Can Improve Product

1 Cut down on the number of ppvs. 12 or 13 are just way too many ppvs a year. The magic number should be 8. The four big ones and four other ppvs that you bring around every couple of years so they don't become stale such as TLC, King of the Ring, Halloween Havoc and War Games.

2 Stop bending over for the military. I don't understand why WWE wastes so much time doing shows and special events for the military. Most of the military guys aren't even WWE fans. The same guys cheering for Cena and Punk would cheer for Bob Hope if he was giving them the time of day. WWE should focus more on the core fans like myself than a bunch of high school drop outs.

3 Combine the brands. Even if WWE combines the brands they could still be different. Raw could be the A show where Smackdown would feature the mid and lower card.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

Did you just say you don't understand why WWE holds events for the military? Are you fucking stupid? Maybe because they fight and die for us everyday. Maybe because WWE wants to do any small part to give these guys some enjoyment after what they do for us. Have you seen how the military guys faces light up when they meet the stars?

Anything else you said in your post is irrelevant because your dumb. How does it possibly bother you that WWE does good deeds for the military? There are many things WWE can do to improve it's product, and none of them involve shitting on the military.

And a final note, everything else you said has been said over and over again in every thread made. You are completely unoriginal.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Olympic Gold Medalist

bk555 is looking to come up from OCW...

Listen, you are like a broken record. I bet you want "The original ppv schedule" with 4-5 PPV's. That does the opposite of improving the product because it is bad for business. WWE will take 12 shitty buyrates over 4 good ones any day because the amount they make it more. So technically, the 12 ppvs may be less enjoyable for you but more profitable for WWE so they will do it.

Next, who the hell do you think you are insulting the military? They are the bravest men and women on the planet and they are WWE fans and even if they aren't they enjoy the shows put on for them. Do you see how many people show up to tribute for the troops. WWE is doing this correctly.

And yes we get it, combining the brands has been tossed around here like a god damn football. But I don't see how overstocking raw with all of the "A list" superstars and sending all of the midcarders to smackdown helps. You need to balance this out. The few people who already watch smackdown will tune out faster than ever if orton goes to raw and guys like dolph ziggler main event on smackdown. You need talent distribution.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 PM

MizMark11 is looking to come up from OCW...

The only thing I can agree with is 8 PPVs, that's it.

You have to be really stupid to say that WWE should stop with the military and cater to the "hardcore" fans. The military obviously means a lot to the WWE. Even though I'm not American, I love what the WWE does for your soldiers and what your soldiers do for everyone else. Soldiers go out and protect their country with their lives and what do you do? Sit and complain about it on a forum. You're acting like an elitist. You're some loser bitching about a good deed. You're not above people who put their lives on the line for millions because I bet you don't do that. The WWE isn't charging the military anything to go to their shows across seas or here. T

he WWE isn't looking for anything in return. The WWE gives back to the military as a thank you and if you can't appreciate that, then shut the hell up. 1-2 shows a year that don't involve storylines so that the military can have a good night is not affecting the product. You'll complain about a few hour specials on TV and the fact that soldiers get free tickets to events, but I don't see you complaining about guest hosts, Christmas specials or anything else that actually wastes time. Or better yet, I don't see how you're giving additions on how to make the product better, only subtractions.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Showing Off is what I do best

ProudJericholic is looking to come up from OCW...

Pretty sure there's been threads like this. But seriously, you should be lucky for the troops that fight for our livelihood.

Anyway, I agree that there should not be as many PPVs. Obviously there should only be 5 or 6 per year. The WWE can't build PPVs when they are 2 or 3 weeks apart. Having this many PPVs a year definitely hurts the buy rates, especially with the prices they have.

Credit and Thanks to ARLO for this great sig!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM

jackslap27 is looking to come up from OCW...

As a troop who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan, I do agree with him that a good majority of military do NOT watch wrestling. When the wwe goes over seas its more of a WOW something to do kind of thing. So don't crap all over the guy, because really he is right. In the 09 Tribute to the Troops show most of the crowd was chanting "Your not UFC" But id imagine that was edited out seeing how it was taped weeks before air.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Cabana is looking to come up from OCW...

Putting aside the moral component of putting on shows for the military, WWE has a strong self-interest in doing so. WWE has tried very hard to reposition its brand as wholesome Americana, and what better way to do that than through close association with the military? It really helps remove the sting of the obvious negative press WWE has received when WWE can fall back on "Tribute to the Troops" and its obvious attempts to bouy troop morale.

Vince almost assuredly considers military programming a loss-leader. Even when they're done in the service, there's a chance that some former troops may be converted to fandom. Moreover, considering morality for a second, Vince was in military school and has been pretty open about his deep affinity for the armed forces.

In all likelihood, so far as Vince is concerned, this is a win-win. The army gets perks, WWE gets good PR, the troops get to have some fun, and Linda burnishes her image.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Future Endeavored

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

As self-serving as it may be, the WWE product does not suffer because they put in shows, give tickets and offer free ppvs to the military. Good overall gesture, yes, but don't think for a second that the genetic jackhammer isn't doing each of those things with business in mind. Oh, and to the superhero who says they should stop, go enlist, then, and only then, can you have an opinion.

Now, the biggest thing that the E needs to do is make the ppvs must see. They do that by making TV must see. They do that by not insulting fans and giving just enough away on TV while making fans dare about ppv. Yes, I believe, less is more fr ppvs. Eight isn't a bad number.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Mr_billy is looking to come up from OCW...Mr_billy is looking to come up from OCW...

First, did you call the Military High School Drop outs, A diploma or GED is mandatory to enter the armed forces, and is a way to get college without going tens of thousands of dollars in debt. I would actually assume that most of the hardcore IWC is more likely a bunch of drop outs who live in mommy's basement, based on grammar and spelling, but I digress. These shows give thanks for people risking our lives for our freedom which allows us to have these forums(I've been to countries that limit internet usage), and it broadens the possible fan base.
The PPV idea is not bad, and every year, both rosters get a shake up, some years it works, some years it doesn't.