WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Which is Cody's best gimmick?
"Dashing" Cody Rhodes 6 15.38%
"Disfigured" Cody Rhodes 24 61.54%
Current Gimmick 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 AM

bizonatch is looking to come up from OCW...
Default gimmick

I miss his mask; he's great, but I could've dealt with him acting like Dr. Doom forever.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered 90's Mark

HWFchamp02 is looking to come up from OCW...

Obviously he has gotten kind of bland with his current "gimmick: if you can even call it that. I love "Dashing" and feel like that is an awesome angle to play as a heel. I kind of wish he would go back to it.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...

for me his disfigured gimmick was the best he became more violent during it and during this time he had great fueds with rey,orton and other people to me his dashing gimmick just was weird i mean freaking out if he got hit in the face and the beauty tips made him seem gay to me and his current gimmick...well whats the gimmick there?

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM

Paul Bunyan's Axe is looking to come up from OCW...

I liked his disfigured gimmick the best for sure. The promos he did over that time were just a lot different from what you normally see, and it's something really original. I liked all of his gimmicks, but the disfigured one was my favorite.

Give his current gimmick a little more time and maybe I'll start liking it more, but for now disfigured is the best.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Dirt Dog is looking to come up from OCW...

i actually love his gimmick now, he's finally breaking through and showing his different abilities in the ring, and on the mic. Dashing was okay, it was a start. Disfigured got all of our attention. Now he's breaking through and becoming one of the most impressive wrestlers in the 'E'
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 02:03 PM

EdgeofDashingness is looking to come up from OCW...

The best thing about Cody's current gimmick his the depth of his character. It's a hybrid of his cocky, dashing gimmick with just a hint of darker insanity from his undashing gimmick. No other mid-carder has what he has. And he's pulling it off pretty well IMO.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I actually like all three gimmicks, but my favorite would have to be the disfigured gimmick. He really came into his own with that one. The demented promos and laugh were great, and I even liked the paper bags except for the fact I think it was over used a bit. I actually wish they would have kept the gimmick going a bit longer, but I do think this feud with the Big Show is going to put him over the top.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Carry On My Wayward Son
Knockout Champion

Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've been a fan of Cody over all three of these gimmicks, but my personal favorite was the Disfigured Cody Rhodes. I loved the baggers, though they were probably what kept the gimmick from being taken seriously enough. It reminded me a lot of an early Mankind in many ways and Cody made it work for me. It was fresh too. Hadn't seen anything like it in awhile. I do think a hybrid between the cocky Rhodes and the malice of the Disfigured Rhodes would lead to the best outcome- which is what they seem to be doing. But I don't think they've got it down yet though.

sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

I loved him when he sported the mask. His promos were awesome. What is his current "gimmick" anyway? He's just a typical boring heel now thats making Big Show more important than he should be. At some point the WWE is gonna have to do something with him and honestly I'm fine with another IC title reign. Maybe this time give him some competition though that could allow him to have some 4 star matches.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I voted for the Dashing gimmick. Sure it was a bit too silly to ever take Cody past the midcard, but I really enjoyed it. His promos and tip segments were hilarious. I also really liked his entrance during that time where he looked at the fake mirror and had the really catchy song. Then he had the disfigured gimmick which I felt overstayed its welcome. Much like the Dashing gimmick, it would have held him back from achieving success further up the card. The paper bag promos got really old after a while too.

The current gimmick is what Rhodes needs to stick with if he is ever going to reach the main event level. It has a better song than the Disfigured gimmick, no annoying paper bag segments, and no silly tips pn how to become Dashing. Rhodes' current persona is going to be his most successful one. Would I rather see the Dashing gimmick return? Sure. It was a fun character that helped him stand out when he first became a singles wrestler. It's too silly for a world title contender though. No one would ever take Dashing or Disfigured Cody seriously as a threat. Orton did him a huge favor when he (kayfabe) broke the mask.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif