WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-14-2012, 05:11 PM

deslok is looking to come up from OCW...

RVD is like 1996 in a forever timewarp. I don't think he is capable of changing, and I don't understand the interest in the character at this point.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

RVD is stale, over 40 and throws out the same half assed effort in matches these days. Vince would only sign him to elevate guys like Ziggler, Rhodes and Swagger. If RVD is looking for a mian event spot, he best stay in TNA or go to Japan.

Sure a heel turn would freshen him up, but would defeat the purpose of signing him. He isnt going to change gimmicks so he will always be the stoner with the high flying move set. Unless Vince plans on giving him a hell of a lot of microphone time, his days are sealed as a babyface
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 PM
WCW Hardcore Champion

HitmanRicks is looking to come up from OCW...

Rob Van Dam as a heel would need a mouthpiece, like a manager. Rob's not very good at getting any emotion other than "stoned" through in a promo. He'd need someone to talk for him while he did the dirty work in the physical department. I'm not saying I'm against a RVD heel turn, but it has to be done in certain ways or else it won't work right.

As for RVD's TNA status, word has it that TNA Creative is looking to give Rob a higher status in the company very soon, so I suppose anything is possible.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I would love to see him revert back to his ECW arrogant heel persona that was just better than everyone else. The one problem with that like a previous poster said is even when he was a heel most of the fans were behind him anyway. If they did it and it worked I would love to see a heel RVD vs a face Jeff Hardy. I wonder if they decided to turn him heel at Lockdown if it would even work given that I can't see the fans caring if he turned on Garrett. I am glad he is back either way, and looking forward to seeing him in action.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

waylon p is looking to come up from OCW...waylon p is looking to come up from OCW...

Rvd was a "heel" in ecw, true. He could duplicate the same gimmick he had at that time, but it is a fine line to walk.

For those of you unfamiliar with the gimmick in question, it is the old (for me) buddy landell gimmick. "I am humbled by how much you people love my awesomeness...what? You don't love me? Of course you do. REALLY? You don't love me. That must be because I forgot to tell you how awesome I am!" routine. Landel used it flawlessly for a decade or so.

RVD used it at ecw, and Kurt angle used it, IMHO, better than anyone over at the WWF.

RVD could try it at TNA, but you cannot predict whether the fans will boo. We could see a full-on heel turn, but I don't know if the fans will buy it.

I suppose either way, it will be better than not using him at all.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 AM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

RVD needs something new. . . but not a heel turn.

Rob needs to open up that next chapter in his Wrestling Story.

RVD has been wrestling for over 20 years, and is closing his last years in the industry. He needs to revamp the face Van Dam character for a good last 5 year ride. I do not think a heel turn would work as well for him, especially in Impact Wrestling. It would be another bust.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Akell7 is looking to come up from OCW...

Change his name.... Rob Von Doom!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 AM

MancMark is looking to come up from OCW...

There's no point turning RVD heel or giving him any real status in the company because he doesn't give a shit anymore. He's not going to work hard for you. He comes out with his belly bursting out of his attire, then phones it in and puts on the same old shitty match. I kid you not, I don't think I've enjoyed a single one of his matches during his whole TNA run. I used to like him, but I'm not wasting my time trying to enjoy a 40 year old stoner being arrogant with a "better than you" gimmick.

And whoever said he could have great matches with Mr Anderson, they had a match last year (I think) that was one of the most uncoordinated pieces of shit I've ever seen from two supposed decent workers. Didn't they both try to leapfrog each other at the same time, then Anderson looked at the crowd and said "We meant to do that"? No chemistry between the two of them. Also, Anderson phones it in too.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

As far as RVD goes, I really don't think it matters either way. Rob Van Dam is one of the blandest stars in all of wrestling as far as personality goes. He doesn't really have any personality that I've seen. He seems every bit as much as the one dimensional stoner now as he did 15 years ago. He's one of the few major names I can think of that's had absolutely zero character progression over that time period.

So turning him heel, I don't see that it'll make much difference. Whether heel or face, the guy has a monotone personality that's about as captivating as watching paint dry. At the same time, however, I guess it couldn't really hurt anything to turn him heel. He might actually surprise me and be someone worth listening to as a heel. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but stranger things have happened.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM

TheWrestlo is looking to come up from OCW...

it could work but it won't happen, as multiple people have said TNA wanted to turn him heel at BFG 2010, but he dident want to become heel so the position was givin to hardy he wont turn heel in the future but it would be good for him if he did

1.CM Punk
2.Jeff Hardy
3.Austin Aries
4.Bobby Roode
5.Rob Van Dam
sendpm.gif