WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

He's Phenomenal is looking to come up from OCW...He's Phenomenal is looking to come up from OCW...

I watch two WWE matches a year (the Royal Rumble match and Undertaker's Wrestlemania match) and was dissapointed with both this year. I've no doubts that Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy can put on a better match than Undertaker and Triple H did. Undertaker is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time but even I can admit he's no longer capable of putting on a fun/exciting match. I'm still struggling to see what was soo great about that Hell in a Cell match? Would someone please enlighten me?

It was just chair shot to the back, followed by chair shot to the back, followed by a bit of shouting, followed by another chair shot the back, followed by some more shouting, followed by one guys finisher, followed by the other guys finisher, followed by another finisher. What is great about that? The whole time I was sitting there just thinking "hit him in the fucking head with the chair, it will do a lot more damage than 15 shots to the back".

Hardy vs. Angle will most likely be the best match at Lockdown and I've no doubt it will be exciting, high risk, fast paced and will display a variety of different moves/holds - everything Undertaker vs. Triple H lacked.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

To say that your match will match Undertaker/HHH is a very big bold statement, Undertaker/HHH End of an Era no match can touch it or even come close to touching it, not even Hardy/Angle
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 AM

MancMark is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually think this will be a good match. I've enjoyed the two of them when they've worked together recently. I've no doubt that their in-ring work will probably be better than that of the Taker/HHH match. Having said that, Angle/Hardy isn't an event or a pure spectacle like the 'Mania match was. Angle/Hardy is just two blokes in a cage putting on a decent match. It'll probably be match of the night though.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

the thing to remember with Angle, and he has said it himself, is that he says things that he knows are not true in order to promote TNA. with all the talk about the HHH/Taker match, of course he is going to say they can top it. will they? who knows. the one sad thing about TNA is that no matter how good a match is, people tend it ignore it somewhat. people said Taker/HBK was the top Mania match of all time yet when they went a second time, they said it was even better. When Taker/HHH was announced last year, people said it had a tough act to follow yet when it was done, some people said it was better then the Taker/HBK matches. again this year, people were saying it would be a tough thing to do yet people are saying this Taker/HHH match was better than the one last year. the point? watch the match and decide. maybe Angle and Hardy will surprise everyone.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2012, 06:54 AM

JAK is looking to come up from OCW...

Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy certainly produced a better wrestling match than Undertaker/Triple H III - that was never going to be in doubt unless Hardy was back to his substance abuse days and Kurt was wrestling injured again like BFG 2011. However just the wrestling element does not create the overall result.

As I've said already, Angle/Hardy certainly wrestled better than Taker/HHH, and they made better use of the cage too (Taker/HHH didn't even need to be in the cell they used it so little). But the Angle/Hardy feud was not as big as the Undertaler's undefeated Wrestlemania streak, nor was it so unrelentingly brutal as Taker/HHH III. I remember looking at the marks on the Undertaker after HHH had litterally tried to kill him in the ring. I've heard claims that the Undertaker and Triple H decided to literally beat the life out of each other with the weapons involved because they were told they couldn't bleed, and I'm inclined to believe those claims. Emotionally the Undertaker/HHH III match absolutely killed Angle/Hardy, and for that reason I don't feel that Angle/Hardy matched the other guys Wrestlemania 28 effort.
sendpm.gif