WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
WWE or Computers I know my stuff

The Deadly Viper is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to The Deadly Viper

Nexus, as many people here have already said, have been and gone. I agree that it was a bit random their disappearing, however they are gone now, and so you can forget about them reforming out of the blue.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I was happy withe the NEXUS' shocking debut and first month or so, but it got stale really quick and just did not stay over. It was CLEAR very quickly that the only one worth really giving a shit about individually was Wade Barrett.

Some of the other guys are solid and could have good tag team roles and MAYBE one day develop into something else, but reforming the group is definitely not a smart idea. It just would not make much sense honestly. It would look like Slater, Gabriel and Rybak don't feel like they are worth a shit by themselves so they got back together!

I don't think all stables suck like some around these parts, but they definitely are formed to fill time when the writers don't think they have strong enough individuals to push the storyline. With the solid top tier guys there are now there is no need for a midling stable running around that nobody gives a shit about.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Sleep Is For Dreamers
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...

no i would not like to see a return of nexus both past leaders (barrett and punk) are too good for leading it again and nexus died for me when they lost at summerslam to supercena's all-star team let nexus stay in the past where it rightfully belongs
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Nexus storyline was great at first, I thought. Then it just dragged on and kinda turned into nonsense.

I wouldn't mind if they brought it back and did kind of an "invasion" type of storyline that they had going with Nexus originally. Also, I'm sure they'll never give us an answer but why did Nexus help Kane bury the Undertaker alive? Remember, Wade Barrett said there was a reason and that the reason would become clear or whatever. Bring them back and answer that question.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's time to move on. There's nothing more to be said or done with them. Anybody who was going to get over from it already has and the last thing we need is for CM Punk to have to polish yet another batch of turds. And just what are they gonna do? The same corny tired ass group of guys trying to take over the company storyline again? No thanks.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Jerichoholic since 1997
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

While it would have been nice to have the Nexus dissolve in a conclusive, logical manner, it didn't deserve such handling. The stable debuted with a huge bang, peaked when they forcibly enlisted Cena and stuck around long after their welcome. CM Punk's takeover was a way to get Barrett off of Raw and cash in on his main event status on Smackdown during a time when that show had very few stars. Punk's shoot promo was a phenomenal way to end the faction's run because there was never any emphasis taken away. Nexus was a top storyline on Raw from the initial attack up until Punk abandoned it and his "Voice of the Voiceless" narrative began. In the long run it will preserve Nexus as a top stable that could have done even more than it did, rather than a group that eventually fizzled out.

As far as bringing back the stable for another run, I don't think it would go over with fans. It might be cool to see original members Darren Young and Heath Slater don the armbands in a tag match together, but I think we could imagine how well that would pan out if it was more than a one-time thing. The Nexus is finished, a nice memory and a decent start to the careers of a new generation of WWE stars.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 AM

dotty_84 is looking to come up from OCW...

I loved the Nexus invasion but on looking back the way the creative aspect was, was woeful to say the least. Also if Nexus came in with a Veteran guiding them. Obviously Regal comes to mind. With Barrett as second in command so on, so forth. Eventually leading into a power struggle for control over Nexus. Whilst taking on Cena/WWE. Nexus died after Summerslam. They needed that win.

Wa
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 AM
WWE Attitude Era Champion

TheKingofKings20222 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Nexus has all the makings to be a HISTORIC stable in WWE. What ruined it? Creative. For starters. They should have NEVER lost to Team WWE at Summerslam. When that happened, they became nothing. The lost all legitimacy right then and there.....BUT WWE had a SECOND chance to once again make them historic..... when they "recruited" John Cena. This should have been the Heel turn of Cena. WWE had all the makings to create a shocking moment in history that would last a lifetime. Cena should have turned Heel, and helped Barrett win the WWE title from Orton. Then, Barrett hands the title to Cena, who explains he created the Nexus all along.

But what did the WWE do? The dropped the ball again. They had Cena once again make a mockery of The Nexus by having him screw Barrett over. BUT The WWE had ONE LAST CHANCE to do the exact same thing in the match where is Barrett lost, Cena was fired. All the doubts about a heel Cena turn were gone. Everyone was sure Cena was going to cost Barrett the title. They could have done the heel turn right there and shocked the world. But no. The Nexus soon became a joke.

To me, the Nexus died at Summerslam when they failed to beat Team WWE. But could they be brought back? Maybe, but not anytime soon. Another question is, how could they be used? IMO, I believe a Nexus return would make an amazing FACE stable.

Say one day the WWE finally decides to turn Cena heel. He is still Super-Cena. Completely unbeatable. Wade Barrett finally steps up to challenge Cena. He is beaten several times, and "injured" by Cena. Weeks go by and Barrett is no where to be found. Finally he returns. He confronts Cena and says he's brought some, "Friend's" Nexus music hits, and out comes the Nexus. They surround the Ring, and beat down Heel Cena, becoming a face stable.

Another question would be, who would it consist of? Obviously you would need the main originals, Barrett, Slater, Gabriel, Otunga, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, and McGuillicuty. It should have 7 members in it.

I highly doubt this will ever happen, but I believe it is the only way to bring the Nexus back with some sort of credibility. If not this way, have them all come back with the tagline, "Not Rookies Anymore." Have them be truly unstoppable. Otherwise, they will once again be a joke after their first loss.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 AM

SacredMesa is looking to come up from OCW...SacredMesa is looking to come up from OCW...

Stables can be good but they have to have a valid reason that is believable for them to really pay off.

NWO--Back then with how contracts worked it was believable when it first started, although it did drag on to long.

DX--Was also believable as pretty much anyone and everyone can recognize a couple of young punks acting like immature pricks thinking they are better than everyone and spitting in the face of authority.

Evolution--By this point everyone knew Triple H was the dominate force in the company, especially with his back state power, coupled with Flair as the older mentor and then Randy Orton, the up and coming guy son of a legend, and then Batista as the muscle it made sense. You could see Flair mentoring those younger while HHH lead a couple of young promising superstars and use them to protect his title.

These kinds of factions can make sense and be fun to watch, I personally enjoyed them all.

Nexus on the other hand was a bunch of rookies who where pissed off about NXT treatment and decided to take over. Go to any job on the planet and find a small handfull of brand new people pitching a fit and threatening the work place and let me know how that works out. It simply doesn't make any sense.

If was to see any faction existing today it would probobly need to involved a bunch of people who the IWC hates with a passion, Cena/Otunga/Miz/etc forming a group against people like Daniels/Punk/Lesneretc who the IWC completely loves and more or less their thing would be about how WWE has started treating the "internet darlings", as HHH once called Punk, as if they are better than them and they have begun to fall out of favor.

You could actually see something like this now a days because Cena lost to The Rock, The Miz has been pretty much irrelevant since Summerslam, no one cares about Otunga and you could find others, meanwhile Bryan loses in 18 seconds and becomes increadibly over, Lesner shows up after years and people blow the roof of the building when he kicks Cena's ass, etc etc. It would make sense based on the current events unfolding in WWE right now, but realisticly we will never see it and honestly I'm not really sure we should.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

No NEXUS was a bad idea from the start. Having a bunch of guys who just came off NXT band together and 7 guys are able to defeat the entire WWE lockerroom give me a break. That just is not realistic at all!!!!!! Those guys arent the NWO from back in the day plus the NWO had way more people in it when they truly TOOK OVER!!!!!! It was best that Team WWE did beat Nexus at Summer Slam. None of those guys have proven to be worth putting over the top stars in the WWE. Otunga Sucks!!!!! Gabriel Is Hurt!!!!! Slater is horrible and corny!!!!!! Barrett i feel isn't that good and he is hurt as well!!!! None of these guys are really all that over even after everything that happened with Cena.

Nexus could never compare to NWO,DX,4 horsemen in terms of being one of the best stables. They were never any good. Their best member got hurt and only recently returned. One of them got fired from the WWE. Another is back down in FCW. Thank god Nexus was broke up cause it was one of the worst angles the WWE ever thought of.
sendpm.gif