WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
WWE Diva's Champion

The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay View Post
In order to help boost certain individuals credentials and to help create new stars, you need established ones to take a few hits. Randy Orton is more than willing to take the hits he needs to take in order to put new stars over the top. He did it pretty much from September of last year through until his feud with Kane. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett all look much better for their feuds with Randy Orton. The same with Kane. Kane is sloppy, slow and sluggish in the ring. Yet y'know what? Randy Orton can get a good match out of him.

Orton is one of the best wrestlers around in the world. He's able to get the crowd in his corner and he has the ability (quite a rare one at that) to make his opponents look like gold. Randy Orton's star isn't fading, it's merely dimmed in order to let the others shine brighter. As for moving to Raw, I could see it, but I doubt it'll happen. With guys like Rock, Cena, Punk and Lesnar floating around the title scene, I can't see Orton fitting in there. SmackDown's where he's needed and SmackDown is where I think he'll stay.
I cannot help but agree here, people are too quick to dismiss Smackdown as a career death choke. But I think a true champion superstar, and one who will have longevity in this business, can do his stint on the B show. Carry some fueds on Smackdown, elevate some stars, then head back to RAW when they need you, your star shines brighter than ever, and someone else takes your spot elevating people.

Just My Opinion
Old 04-13-2012, 02:42 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

As some people have said, Orton needs to be back on RAW. He needs to be feuding with Brock Lesnar, or Punk (as a heel) or any top guy on RAW.

Smackdown is WWE's second rate show and while I don't think Orton's popularity is decreasing (he still gets big pops), I think his exposure is definitely decreasing.

The RAW supershows have helped but he needs to permanently be on RAW to feud with the RAW roster. The Smackdown title picture appears to be Sheamus and Bryan right now with ADR waiting in the Wings. Orton is kinda lost in the shuffle at the moment. He needs a re-boot and the character needs a re-boot too.... Might be time for a heel turn.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 PM

jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...

Is Randy Orton's star dimming?

No, the guy just needs a factor he's been missing. He needs a big feud, something explosive. He seems like he's going through the motions... intensity is what he really needs... not that fake bullshit intensity...

Is there a certain drop in popularity?

Nah, people go nuts for the guy. I like his in ring work. His character outside of the ring lacks intensity.

Will this result in a draft to Raw this year perhaps?

I sure as hell hope so. A feud with someone like Lesnar would help. He could help shake things up on RAW... I felt his move to SD killed him.