WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The Wrestlezone Tournament Archives > 6th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament > General WZ Tournament Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Minus Five Stars
ECW Champion

Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...Bernkastel is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
I'm not voting blindly because I don't like Kane. The only thing that's really changed about Kane in the past decade is that he had one world title reign. Still isn't going to make me vote him over Regal.
One [long] title reign and a bunch of high profile victories over many star studded veterans that Regal has never beaten under the same circumstances. For example: Undertaker, Edge, and Randy Orton to name a few.

In fact... this is how I expect the match to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Thriller View Post
Never thought I'd see the day. I just assumed JTG would die under contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
An upset Undertaker sprints back down to the ring and starts chokeslamming women left, right and center.

Last edited by Bernkastel : 04-13-2012 at 12:10 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
WWE European Champion

Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here are a few more "upsets" that can happen as far as seedings go:

Christian vs Booker T: Booker has more titles but I do not remember a thing about his five championship wins in WCW. Christian is a smark favourite who has recently won a world title, something which always hindered him in tournaments like these. They also have a pretty even record in singles competitions( I believe that is the case though I could be wrong) but overall I feel people like Christian more than Booker. Don't get mad at me Big Sexy, it just seems like the case. Overall, this could be like Christian's win over Miz last year, only a bigger upset.

Batista vs Yokozuna: Yoko has been seeded below Batista but it is always hard to argue against his dominant run in 1993 wherein he also ended Hulkamania. Ironically, I believe that Batista has some easier matches lined up for him if he wins this. Yoko would find it hard to win against HHH who has a pretty good fan following but as we all know Batista has a pretty good record against HHH.

Sid Vicious vs Nick Bockwinkel: Not too many people like Sid but not many know a ton about Bockwinkel either.

Eddie Guerrero vs Owen Hart: Eddie is seeded below Owen but has more accomplishments, better matches and moments to his name.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
In fact... this is how I expect the match to happen

Technically, Regal didn't lose to Kane.

You Can't See Me
Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rattlesnake View Post
Christian vs Booker T: Booker has more titles but I do not remember a thing about his five championship wins in WCW. Christian is a smark favourite who has recently won a world title, something which always hindered him in tournaments like these. They also have a pretty even record in singles competitions( I believe that is the case though I could be wrong) but overall I feel people like Christian more than Booker. Don't get mad at me Big Sexy, it just seems like the case. Overall, this could be like Christian's win over Miz last year, only a bigger upset.
Christian probably will win because he has more fans on here, but he shouldn't. Booker has had the better overall career and he holds a decisive edge in their head to head encounters. Booker and Christian have fought one on one 12 times and Booker has a 9-2-1 record against him.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Got jumped at the airport as your
WWF Hardcore Champion

PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...

To the dullard who said Bryan over Bret, not in this life.

Bret is just too beloved. Also, Kane is a bigger star, has had a more popular career than Regal. I don't think that's debatable is it?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
When each man is at their best, Samoa Joe is more entertaining than Chris Jericho. He just has the sort of viciousness that lends itself to wrestling that Jericho never had, and never could have. Both on the mic and in the ring, Samoa Joe has the personality that screams wrestling to me, while Jericho is more of a "superstar".

I'm not sure if that's enough to win it, as there are hundreds of mislead souls on this site that believe that have bought into Jericho and his silver tongue. But put Joe's best match up against Jericho's best match, and Joe's is better. Put Joe's best promo up against Jericho's best promo, and Joe's is better.
I rarely disagree with you JGlass, but here is one of those times.

I've been a fan of Samoa Joe since he stepped a foot inside Ring of Honor. The guy is all about intensity and hard hitting bouts, the dude is big and could probably knock out a bear with his Olé Kick, but Samoa Joe is in no way, shape or form more entertaining than Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho was one of the most over wrestlers in WCW, a company that had no desire to ever make him a Main Eventer, something Eric Bischoff has never denied and never will. Jericho got fans to cheer for him despite him being a heel based off the fact he was hilarious on the microphone, he'd say the most ridiculous things and get a laugh, he was the anti-heel in ways, because despite being someone who wanted the crowd to hate him and achieving it, they couldn't help but admire his humor.

Joe has shown he can be entertaining, but he doesn't touch Jericho on the stick. In the ring, sure Samoa Joe has an impressive record, but lets look at the facts. Outside of Kurt Angle, Sting, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam and hell, Jeff Jarrett, who has Samoa Joe beaten that could be labeled as impressive? Jericho has victories over a slew of top names in the industry, Jericho has main evented a Wrestlemania, hes held several World Championships and is one of the best heels of the past decade.

Sorry JGlass, but Joe doesn't touch Jericho. I agree a decent argument can be made for Joe, but it isn't going to stand up to that of Jericho's, people may want to start making their cases for Jerry Lawler now cause Jericho is breezing past the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
#WhoIsElSwago
WWE Women's Champion

Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...Pancake scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Pancake Send a message via Yahoo to Pancake Send a message via Skype™ to Pancake

Anyone else digging the Steve Austin vs Sabu in ECW? I feel this can be the upset of the entire tournament. Sabu is one of the toughest guys in Professional Wrestling and he is in his home field advantage of ECW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
The streak is broken. I blame Pancake.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples_Champ View Post
JBL over Curt Hennig - I love Mr. Perfect, but this was a terrible draw for him. JBL is a multiple time champion while Mr. Perfect was not ever a headliner. To what fault that is attributed to Creative, alcohol, his back injury is arguable, but the fact remains that JBL was more successful than Mr. Perfect and would have went over on him.

Arn Anderson over Dory Funk Jr. - With his recent induction into the WWE HOF, there will be a bump for Double A. Dory Funk Jr is not a character many regular members will know / relate to. But they'll all have heard about the Four Horsemen.

Jeff Hardy over Kevin Nash - This one was tough for me. I think both men have great strengths in different areas. Watching these two in their primes would have been interesting. That being said, Nash is probably ranked too high while Hardy is a bit too low. I can see Hardy getting over on Nash, especially with fan votes probably not giving Nash too much love.

Greg Valentine over DDP - I hated Greg Valentine and I actually enjoyed DDP. But Greg Valentine deserves it here. He was a scary, scary man growing up while DDP never became too successful (or as successful as he could have been). Valentine had multiple championships in every promotion, and for that reason I'm giving it to him.

Steve Williams over Ultimo Dragon - I adored the Ultimo Dragon character when he was in WCW, before the tragic injury. But Dr. Death was, like Valentine, successful everywhere he went. He was a tremendously feared competitor and was incredibly over in Japan. Bad draw for Ultimo Dragon, but Steve Williams deserves this match.
I'd like to point out that I am a perfect 0 for 5 in predicting first round upsets

You Can't See Me