WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Bryan losing at WM in such a fashion did irk me, and still does in some ways. I wanted an actual match after all. At the same time, however, it seems to me that WWE had a good idea of what they were doing. In spite of some of the comments you might hear from some net fans, Vince does usually have good instincts as to how to manipulate an audience into getting them behind someone. Bryan has come out of WM a bigger star than before he went into it.
That's one's question I want answered that hasn't been clearly answered yet - did Creative and VKM know he was going to get this crazy sympathy or did they fall ass-backwards into gold? From DBD's comments in his GQ interview, I get the feeling that Creative had a small idea that he wouldn't be buried, but even DBD said it was an absolute surprise. It could always be VKM's genius at work, something us mere mortals will never comprehend. That's a valid point and VKM has a long, long history of making tremendous business decisions.

But still, I'm not completely sold that this was planned to get DBD over insofar as it was planned to get Sheamus over. One thing is for sure, however, Bryan is a much bigger star coming out of WM than he was going in - perhaps the most over wrestler next to Lesnar.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

I honestly believe that people are reacting this way to Daniel Bryan because people want to see Daniel Bryan do what he does best and thats Wrestle!!!! He wasn't considered the Best In the World as some point because the guy can't work. Daniel Bryan is a tremendous worker great in the ring and I think people felt cheated that his match with Sheamus was only 18 seconds. Its not sheamus's fault but of course they are gonna boo him it was him who beat Daniel Bryan in record time. n

A lot of people out there watch ROH they know the history of these guys like Punk,Daniel Bryan and soon guys like Dean Ambrose,Seth Rollins these guys were some of the best Indy stars anywhere in the world. The fans know this and the WWE needs to realize the fans arent stupid and utilize these guys the right way.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...

Daniel's had the benefit of some superb storytelling. His slow heel turn during the Big Show was masterful, and his weaselly ways out of title losses were a textbook for cowardly heel champion. He was also allowed to maintain credibility by showcasing his skill against CM Punk in what were, for non-PPV, outstanding matches. And finally, the AJ/DB soap opera allowed a lot of personality to come out, and while he's not the best on the stick, DB's mic work sold a storyline that people became invested in.

I also think the storytelling in WWE has been pretty over the last year, and DB is a beneficiary of the fine work that WWE did with Mark Henry's title run and the Henry/Big Show feud.

And I don't think it's just the Internet wrestling community. Sure his primary appeal is to smarks, but mainstream wrestling fans like a good soap opera and they like chants, and they really haven't had many in the last decade. ("Boots to asses" is kinda lame. and was presented in a manipulative manner, whereas "Yes! Yes! Yes!" is something the *fans* latched onto -- it wasn't force fed to them by the E) DB is hitting some classic approaches to captivating fan interest while seemingly like a remarkably fresh face. And honestly -- he's the main reason I'm watching Smackdown at the moment. Kudos to him.

Last edited by BigThunder : 04-13-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: typo
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM

jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...

He's a victim of two stupid things. A want for some bullshit quick title match and the need to cut a quality match short because some celebrity decided to be in the ring...

This in no way kills any momentum or anything DB has done in the past year. I take the guy seriously in the main event. He needs a couple good feuds to solidify himself.

A few people have made the comment: Daniel Bryan's two worst days in WWE have been the best thing to happen to him.

Why did they say that? We all know the answer... as far as his push currently he's doing just fine. I expect him to not have anymore issues short term.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Professional Overseller

Isaac Kaye is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples_Champ View Post
That's one's question I want answered that hasn't been clearly answered yet - did Creative and VKM know he was going to get this crazy sympathy or did they fall ass-backwards into gold? From DBD's comments in his GQ interview, I get the feeling that Creative had a small idea that he wouldn't be buried, but even DBD said it was an absolute surprise. It could always be VKM's genius at work, something us mere mortals will never comprehend. That's a valid point and VKM has a long, long history of making tremendous business decisions.

But still, I'm not completely sold that this was planned to get DBD over insofar as it was planned to get Sheamus over. One thing is for sure, however, Bryan is a much bigger star coming out of WM than he was going in - perhaps the most over wrestler next to Lesnar.
The more I think about it, the more I think that WWE booked the Mania match to elevate Bryan.

Lets face it, there was no way that Sheamus wasn't going to win. He's been booked like a monster both before and after the Rumble and it wouldn't have made any sense to kill his momentum. Bryan was being portrayed as the kind of heel that would FINALLY get his comeuppance for all his backhanded tactics to keep the belt.

So a quick win was a good way of achieving that. What's key is that Bryan wasn't even looking when he got the Brogue Kick! It was practically an unclean win. Bryan was able to play on the fact he wasn't ready, it was AJ's fault, that Sheamus had bagged a fluke win etc. He was given an out which made him look strong coming out of the match, and in his subsequent promos.

Bryan also gets more promo time coming out of the match. They further the storyline with AJ, develop his character and keep him in the spotlight. He even gets to cut a promo in the Pipers Pit with one of the best mic workers in the history of the business. If that's not faith, then I don't know what is.

I don't think Creative knew his popularity would rise quite so much after Mania, but what is clear is that the quick win for Sheamus was not going to damage Bryan as much as it appeared at the time. It's being very deliberate if you ask me, and if anyone's gonna suffer it going to be Sheamus.

Expect a good payoff in their match at Extreme Rules. Shame for all those people (including me) that hoped for this to happen at Mania - but sometimes it doesn't work out like that.