WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I Heart Shania Twain

Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...Matth3w is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm personally in the 0.01% category of being a male and not thinking she's one of the hottest women on the face of this earth. She doesn't really do anything for me what-so-ever.

As for her wrestling ability. Meh. She's pretty average and hasn't impressed me yet, despite being with the company for 5 years, and the indies prior to that. Even her title win only lasted - what - a month?

Until she has "that" moment (you know, the one moment where a wrestler says/does something that makes them legit - eg: Austin 3:16 promo), I'll continue to fast forward whenever she's on my TV. Her next title win needs to have proper build, as well as a victory in a solid match, to make her legit. Maybe going all out at Lockdown with Gail Kim, and winning with some awesome spot.

SIGNATURE IMAGE EXCEEDS TOTAL ALLOWED PIXELS
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
the Rated-R Superstar
Knockout Champion

sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...

Pretty much all of the women in TNA and the WWE are terrible. Velvet Sky included. Most are just eye candy and nothing more.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM

Shakin' Abe is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm a fan of Velvet Sky. Yes, she's a little rough around the edges at times but she has the look and the mic skills to be TNA champ for a long run, if TNA would just keep the strap on her. I'm pretty sure if TNA did things right, they could sell lots of Velvet Merch and get her some mainstream gigs here and there and really get the brand name out there. Gail Kim is a good champ too but lets have a face with the belt for a while.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Knockout Champion

d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...d_henderson1810 is looking to come up from OCW...

Here's a question:-

Do you think that, since Velvet Skye is a ratings spike, that Vince McMahon should make an offer to get her to jump from TNA to WWE?

I mean, if she is hot, a decent worker, and people care about her matches, she could light up the divas division on WWE, and make people care about it again. Who knows, if she became popular enough, she could have a following similar to Mickie James in WWE, or even Trish Stratus.

If WWE add Velvet Skye to their division, bring back Layla from injury, and Kharma comes back, people may actually care about the divas division in WWE.

I tip that if TNA went under, and Vince bought it out, like he did WCW and ECW, Velvet Skye would be one of the people who would get signed to WWE. I think they could be interested in Madison Rayne as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Knockout Champion

Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Here's a question:-

Do you think that, since Velvet Skye is a ratings spike, that Vince McMahon should make an offer to get her to jump from TNA to WWE?

I mean, if she is hot, a decent worker, and people care about her matches, she could light up the divas division on WWE, and make people care about it again. Who knows, if she became popular enough, she could have a following similar to Mickie James in WWE, or even Trish Stratus.

If WWE add Velvet Skye to their division, bring back Layla from injury, and Kharma comes back, people may actually care about the divas division in WWE.

I tip that if TNA went under, and Vince bought it out, like he did WCW and ECW, Velvet Skye would be one of the people who would get signed to WWE. I think they could be interested in Madison Rayne as well.
I don't think Velvet Sky would transition well into the WWE. With the programming the way it is, I don't think she'd fit in. Velvet Sky is damn hot, but she's not "barbie doll" hot like most of the Divas. She's got more of a sexual appeal going on. And she's definitely no cheerleader.

Though I will say about her wrestling ability, being average in TNA would put her in the top 3 or 4 in WWE haha. I do have to agree with the OP though, as much as I like Velvet, and she's way over, I've always hated her clothesline. She's really improved in the ring, but her clothesline just looks terrible.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Lou Thesz' Favorite Son
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...

She's atrocious in the ring, it's like she's out of sync sometimes. Her mic skills are average, just passable, but on the boring side. The only reason I can come up with as to why she's over is because of her looks, unless the Impact Zone see something I don't. Insert shrug emoticonimatron here.

Also, her ass is overrated. It's not that big.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Hexagonal Hedonist
ROH Pure Champion

shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...shattered dreams is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Velvet is more than eye candy. The reason she is more over than other "just eye candy" is her mic skills and ability to bring a personality to her character. She is a better wrestler than she gets credit for although I am making no excuses for her clothesline (then again almost all clotheslines suck today anyway, especially in women's matches). She isn't on the in-ring skill level of some of the top women but that doesn't make her bad. When you see noticeable improvement it is easy to buy into the works hard idea, which usually leads to support. Velvet is sexy and is able to get her passion for what she is doing over with the crowd. When you combine that with no worse than passable in-ring skills, I think that makes for a solid skill set for a woman in pro wrestling. Prowrestling is about storytelling as much as anything else. It isn't just the in-ring prowess of some of the women that sets the KOs apart, it is the story telling ability of people like Velvet and Madison as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Ambassador of the Grind
Knockout Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
Pretty much all of the women in TNA and the WWE are terrible. Velvet Sky included. Most are just eye candy and nothing more.
Really? So vets like Tara and Mickie are overall terrible? C'mon, man. That's off base.

As far as Velvet goes, yes she's more so eye candy than anything else. She has improved slightly in the ring. But she has a long ways to go in that respect. I'm a fan, not gonna lie. Keep in mind that there are worse women wrestlers that have passed through TNA or are still there. Traci Brooks comes to mind. Tessmacher and Rosita as well. And with the exception of Beth Phoenix and Natalya, Velvet is considerably better than the Divas in WWE in ring work. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

She is hot. . . and . . . yeah, she is hot.

Sky is eye candy. But, I can see improvement in her ring skills. I would say she is better then most WWE Divas.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 07:05 AM

mr.wrestling iv is looking to come up from OCW...

Any Vel Vel fan (me included) will happily agree she isn't the best wrestler in the world. She isn't the best wrestler in the Knockout Division where you have women who are more polished, crisp in the ring. So if wrestling was all about talent and in ring skills, more wrestling oriented men and women would main event and hold titles. But there is an "it" factor about Velvet. She connects with the audience in the arena. People are constantly tunning in. She brings in ratings. Hate to make this comparison. Consider it the Tebow effect. Tebow isnt the greatest in terms of skills. In the passion department, there are few quarterbacks (especially ones with more skills) that show that same passion and will to fight. Sometimes having all the talent in the world makes you complacent. Makes you think you can skate by.

Maybe that is why a lot of people can connect. They know Velvelt isn't the most talented wrestler in the world. But they see whenever she is the ring or backstage, they sense that there is something about her. Its the "Like her I'm not the most talented at what I do, but damn it; I love her passion. I have that too."

I hate the term eye candy. I think its demeaning. Thats basically saying that is all a woman is good for. It's not a compliment at all. But she is pretty. Very much so. But there have been other pretty women in the wrestling business through out the years, and most of them never got this over. Kelly Kelly is over for the same reasons Velvet is. She can connect with the live audience. I don't like K2 because her act in the ring is stale. Same moves. Same routine. At least Vel tries new things.

In short I am a fan of Vel. Talent wise she isn't the greatest. In life, as in wrestling, talent isn't everything. Because if it were, Vel would be jobbing out every week. Sometimes the least talented person will overcome the Gail Kim's of the world who are super talented. So I'll have no issue with Vel winning the KO title. Her first reign was cut short. Hopefully this time she gets a solid reign out of it.
sendpm.gif