WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Got jumped at the airport as your
WWF Hardcore Champion

PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...PG scored a win over Santino Marella...

Dust Bowl by Joe Bonamassa

Now I have heard Bonamassa's name before (and its quite memorable) in blues circles and saw him on VOA in a studio session. The man certainly has some chops and is credited as such.

I ran into this album however, after I was on Ultimate-Guitar and he was feted by Gibson. So I downloaded this album and by god, it's killer.

If you're into electric blues rock, this is a stellar album and few songs just jump out as catchy as heck that are filled with fierce solos that make you wanna air guitar the shit outta the song.

There is that tinge of desperation in the lyrics that Joe converts to his soloing so powerfully that it grips you by the hair and says 'I am hurt, hurt bad'. He is a little to loose with the sweep picking everywhere but here it makes most sense.

Again I think Joe excels in these slow tempoed songs. He gets a free leash to experiment rather than follow a set pattern in the 12 bar songs. Again the words are fluid and don't come off as dramatic which is always good.

If you are a fan of blues-rock, it's a definite listen people.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Australia's Finest is looking to come up from OCW...

Paranoid by Black Sabbath

An oldie but started listening to it again. Fantastic album by one of the greatest bands ever. I think what makes it great is it's over 40 years old but it doesn't seem old to me and the album it double my age.

Favorite tracks would have to be in order:
War Pigs
Fairies Wear Boots
Paranoid
Ironman

I like the other tracks aswell but these are the four i listen to the most. It's actually quite amazing that the song Paranoid was just a fill in for the album and took 25 minutes to make and it would have to be one of, if not the most popular song made by them.

9.9/10
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 AM

HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...

Shinedown - Amaryllis

This album just came out on 3/27 and I've listened to it now three times and it is a great album. Shinedown never seems to disappoint. The reason I like it is because they returned to their roots with the first album they made and went a lot harder. I also like the fact that this album has fast paced hard hitting songs with some 1 or 2 slow paced. Brent Smith can sing all kinds of songs and I'm glad he showcased it here.

My favorite songs:
Bully
Amaryllis
Unity
Miracle
I'll Follow You
For My Sake

Least Favorite:
I'm Not Alright
Nowhere Kids

I pretty much like all of their songs on that album except for those two which don't compare in comparison to the rest of their songs. I would rate this album a 8/10. Very strong album in my opinion.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...

Lillywhite Sessions by Dave Matthews Band.

My favorite bootleg ever. Such a dark, haunting album. I can see why the A&R guy for RCA never wanted it to be put out, but GOD DAMN is it amazing.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM

jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...

Flogging Molly - Speed of Darkness

Their newest release... I have only gotten through it a couple of times since I typically only listen to albums in the car... Definitely a new direction for them... I love the rest of their work...

Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist.

Say what you will but these guys get better with every album. Over hyped? Perhaps. Good musicians? Definitely. It is an album that deserves more than one listen to be judged.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Ambassador of the Grind
Knockout Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Just got through listening to this...

Don't know how many of y'all are into De La, but this is a sleeper classic. It doesn't get as much praise as 3 Feet High & Rising, but it is a standout. The production on here is great, especially considering this was the final album of theirs with Prince Paul at the helm of production. I believe this is also their breaking away from the Native Tongues collective. Top notch from beginning to end.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Aka DJ Mathix
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Mathix is looking to come up from OCW...Mathix is looking to come up from OCW...Mathix is looking to come up from OCW...Mathix is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to Mathix

Currently listening to The Hymn Of A Broken Man - Times Of Grace

For anyone who doesn't know which is more than likely all of you, Times Of Grace is a side band by Adam D and Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage. Adam D plays every instrument on the album and even produced the album himself. Leach provided the lead vocals.

I loved this album when it came out last year and still love it to this day. It was great to hear the original Killswitch duo, but if you guys are expecting a Killswitch album, you may be disappointed. "Hymn" definitely has it's rockers and screams, but it's the point of the album that really captivates. It's an album about redemption and finding inner peace. Adam D wrote most of the album on his hospital bed after having back surgery that nearly crippled him and Jesse was going through demons of his own while recording "Hymn".

Now I say that it's different than Killswitch's usual stuff, but not different in a bad way at all. This album is fantastic and received universal acclaim. Standout songs include "Live in Love", a song where the title explains it all and how much better mankind would be if we were actually able to live in love, "The Forgotten One" which is an entirely acoustic track which sort of reminded me of an old country movie. Beautiful back up vocals from Adam D on this track (is there anything this man can't do? Remember, he did EVERY instrument on the album) and the final track "Fall From Grace", with the hopeful and inspiring ending but beginning lyrics of Adam D saying "I will love again".

Definitely check it out guys, I might head over to the what are we currently listening to thread to throw up some songs from the album, but definitely head to youtube. Good shit
Old 05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Sleep Is For Dreamers
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Nightmare worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Dark Horse - Nickleback

probably the best nickleback CD ever not a bad song on it i mainly bought it for the first few tracks and 1 other one but overall it was worth my 15 dollars to get the CD i really enjoy it and im not a huge nickleback fan but i love this cd personally.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 PM

#1Dobz92 is looking to come up from OCW...

Fair To Midland's "Fables From A Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True".

It's a phenomenal album from start to finish. Really worth listening to. Highly recommended. It's one of those where my favourite song on the album changes with every listen, of which there have been a lot.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Trained by Ralphus

Jerichoholic Ninja is looking to come up from OCW...

I've been on an OFWGKTA kick lately. Tyler, The Creator's albums "Bastard" and "Goblin" are both great from start to finish. Good rap music, unlike what is most normally in the mainstream with guys like Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, etc. Phony thugs who all rap about the same sh*t. If you like good lyrics and fresh subject material, listen to Tyler. Also, Frank Ocean's "channel ORANGE" is a great record. I've never been into R&B but after seeing Ocean's performance on SNL earlier this season, I was inspired to take a listen, which was well worth it. Nice, soothing, relaxing music.
sendpm.gif