WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM

dimice76 is looking to come up from OCW...

What may hurt Tensai, is Brock Lesnar. If Brock didnt come back an hour after Tensai debuted he might have a better chance. Go back to 2000, when Tazz debuted and then a week later Benoit, Eddy, Saturn, malenko debuted and Tazz was an after thought. Instead of being a major player vs Cena and a major contender for the WWE title, he will end up being the guy Punk beats before he gets fed to Lesnar.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus or Against us View Post
Have you watched any of his matches in Japan? I have, all of them he has the same issues; His delivery is slow, he's stiff, and can't move around the ring as well as anyone should.

The reason he dominated in Japan so much was because of lack of talent. I guarantee you, you could send Brodus Clay down there right now and he would rip through competition just as much as Tensai did.
I don't know that it's so much that there was a lack of talent, as much as it's the fact that Japanese wrestling fans love to see western wrestlers in their home country. Add in the fact that Matt Bloom looks nothing ike 99% o the talent on any Japan promotions roster, and he has the ability to stand out.

It's just not the same in WWE. There's endless big men, and they're fighting for a spot near the top just as much as the little guys these days. Ask Big Zeke and Mason Ryan.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM

OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
Ok newsflash just because Tensai is slow and stiff does not mean he can't work. He is a good worker adn if he was able to work with the Japaanese guys why wouldn't he be able to work in the WWE. If anything the guys in Japan would make him look slower than the guy here.. He dominated over in Japan he is going to dominate her as well. Yea So far the gimmick overall i do not like but I am waiting cause i want to see how it developes. I am hoping at some point he will speak. There is nothing wrong with being a stiff worker I have never heard anyone use that as a way to say someone isnt good. Its not like he is injuring people out there. Goldberg was to stiff cause he didnt know what he was doing and it ended Bret Harts career. Thats a case where stiffness is no good but not in Tensai's case it just makes him look like more of a monster.
I get what you are saying, but Goldberg is/was easily more athletic than Tensai/Matt Bloom. Stiff in ring work is stiff in ring work, it can always lead to an injury.

It's the gimmick, not the man that's keeping him from going anywhere at this point, in my opinion.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
All I got to say is this.

There's a reason why Albert was "so good" in Japan and not in America, you don't NEED charisma to get over in Japan, of course it helps but your in ring work speaks a lot more to the audience in Japan than it does to your average North American fan. Albert's work is snug and he is a big guy, that's the reason he got over in Japan, simple as that. This is where the phrase "Everybody is better in Japan" came from. Just look at Johnny Ace for example, someone who has no charisma, is as interesting as watching paint dry but did tremendous in Japan.

Lord Tensai has ZERO charisma, his charisma simply doesn't exist and that's exactly why I don't want to see him get a monster heel push. Even though his in ring work isn't bad he's still boring to watch and I was bored of him literally 90 seconds after his debut. He will dominate on the lower to mid card for a little while but people will get sick of him and in 6 months he will probably be losing to Hunico cleanly. He needs to get some character and charisma under his belt very quick or he won't last long in the WWE.
I tend to disagree with you to an extent. I wouldn't say he has zero charisma, it's more that his character has not yet been defined. It's easier for a wrestler to show their charisma when their persona has definition (HBK, Bret, Austin when they were in tag teams for example).

He's obviously not the most charismatic and will rely on others for help getting over, but I think that once he gets over, he'll be very useful. As you mentioned, getting a character is the first step, but I don't think he'll be jobbing in six months. Maybe 18 months, but not before the Royal Rumble, at least.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM

Paul Bunyan's Axe is looking to come up from OCW...

Lol, you're funny. "eltracy" Let me break this down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltracy632 View Post
Seriously...stop all the bitching.
I wasn't bitching, I was making a prediction. A wrestling forum is used to discuss what you think and don't think will happen.

Quote:
It's been a COUPLE WEEKS.
No, it hasn't. It's been years. Just because he just debuted with the 'E doesn't mean he's new to wrestling.

Quote:
Are you Nostradamus?
That's my business and no one else's

Quote:
You can make a "Bold prediction" 2 weeks in?
No, I can make a bold prediction because I feel like it.

Quote:
No. STFU.
U MAD???????

Quote:
Give the guy a damn chance,
I gave him a chance during his Japan run

Quote:
you don't work for WWE, you don't know where they're gonna go with the gimmick.
No, I don't, but neither does anyone else on a wrestling forum. A wrestling forum isn't WWE Head Quarters, it's a place for fans to voice their opinions, like I'm doing now.

Quote:
I'm sure hes done more in the last 2 weeks then you'll do in your entire life.
Am I attempting to be a pro wrestler? No.

You act like I just said that I hated Tensai and hope he dies. No, that's not it. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing him climb to the top if he earns it. I'm just stating my opinion.

We all know it's the WWE and anything can happen to anybody, but I'm just stating my opinion, so get the fuck out of here, and don't come back until you have something intelligent to say.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Unoriginal Blade
Knockout Champion

Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...Not Blade scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Not Blade Send a message via Yahoo to Not Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Not Blade

Lord Tensai is a fantastic gimmick and has some serious potential. Tensai has the right build, gimmick, and so far a fantastic build up in Squash matches to make him much more of a threat. Tensai is mysterious, and has a mystique, regal look about him. Albert/A-Train has a serious shot to take this gimmick all the way to the Main-event if he is put into some serious programs. Once he works his way up, he can work a seriously good feud with guys like Kofi Kingston and Santino. Hell, even Brodus Clay would be a great match-up only if the booking and Tensai do a great job in displaying Tensai's character and who he is. And you are completely wrong about Tensai's ring ability in so many ways. It doesn't matter if he was Prince Albert, A-Train or Lord Tensai, his ring ability has always been really good. His feud with Undertaker and Chris Benoit always gave the crowd a great show. For every time Tensai gave the promotion he was working for a bad match, he had 5 great matches to make up for it. The guy is a great wrestler with a solid gimmick, which done right, can work wonders for him. With his size and ability, he can easily be booked into a Mid-Card feud with a baby face. And after he impresses the WWE Brass and the fans (again) he could easily see the main-event in due time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
The streak is broken. I blame Pancake.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
WWE Diva's Champion

The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that it was Josh Isenberg who said that he sees Tensai in an Umaga type role within the company. That upper midcard monster who can step into any position on the card when called upon to play a legitimate threat to any superstar. And I could see Tensai in this position but with one problem, Mark Henry is pretty much doing that now.

I really don't know what they plan to do with him. He seems to have been hired with something in mind for him but I really don't think he can do anything that no one else on the roster could have done.

Just My Opinion
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 PM

rerun406 is looking to come up from OCW...rerun406 is looking to come up from OCW...

^ that's what I wonder as well. As many people thought Johnny L's "Natural disasters will be in your future" statement to Punk meant that Tensai would be getting into a feud vs Punk

but with Punk already having title matches vs Mark Henry who himself can be looked at as a monster heel of sorts

why throw him (Punk) back into a feud with another monster heel type such a short time later?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 PM

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTooManyPunts View Post
I get what you are saying, but Goldberg is/was easily more athletic than Tensai/Matt Bloom. Stiff in ring work is stiff in ring work, it can always lead to an injury.

It's the gimmick, not the man that's keeping him from going anywhere at this point, in my opinion.
Goldberg was more athletic and also far more careless in the ring with the people he was working with. Stiff in ring work does not always mean Injuries can happen that is totally not true. Guys like Stiener,Benoit,Scott Norton and other were all known for being stiff and in their prime NEVER hurt anyone due to stiffness. Goldberg was stiff and careless its the carelessness that made Goldberg dangerous and a bad in ring worker. Lord Tensai is not careless with his opponents he hasn't injuried anyone. The gimmick itself needs to develope no doubt about it. But I personally enjoy watching him for one simple reason its not one of the same old faces I see week in and week out. Its a character I still really know nothing about and that mystery of what exactly his plans are, are what keeps me interested in him.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

We've only seen two matches of the actual Lord Tensai character. Honestly, I'm not that impressed. His entrance and persona are kinda cool but that's it.

I'm sure he'll keep having squash matches before feuding with another monster (Brodus Clay; that would be a hilarious feud. Talk about opposites). Other than that, I don't see much from him. No title run, no domination of RAW.

A year from now they'll be wishing him good luck in all his future endeavors.
sendpm.gif