WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: If you could have any TNA star in the WWE right now, who would it be?
Kurt Angle 17 20.24%
Jeff Hardy 6 7.14%
Bobby Roode 11 13.10%
AJ Styles 18 21.43%
Mr Anderson 5 5.95%
James Storm 6 7.14%
Other 21 25.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I went with Other and my pick is Austin Aries. Aries is still a pretty young guy overall and brings an overall package with him that puts me in mind of Chris Jericho or CM Punk. He can bring it inside the ring, his promos are well done and he has the personality to keep people interested in what he's doing. Along with guys like Jericho, Punk & Bryan, Aries definitely paid his dues out on the indy circuit and has a lot of potential. He's the only factor whatsoever that's kept the X Division even remotely interesting or relevant for the past 6 months. However, if it's going to happen, I'd say that it needs to happen within the next few years.

Kurt Angle - It wouldn't bother me to see Angle back. However, he's not what he used to be. It's starting to look as if Angle is having the same issues with injuries as The Undertaker in which the wear & tear has started to catch up with him. Not that Angle isn't capable of still putting on great matches but, like Taker, the times in which we see him in the ring in relevant matches are becoming farther apart. Angle himself has said that he intends to retire in TNA and I think he's burned a few bridges with WWE, though I'm sure Vince would bring him back when push came to shove.

Jeff Hardy - If anyone has burned his bridges with WWE, it's Jeff Hardy. Professionally & personally, Hardy has gone downhill since leaving WWE. He seems to have his head on straight now and that's good, hopefully he can keep it that way. However, at the same time, Hardy is a guy that strikes me as damaged goods in some ways. Even though he's doing well, I don't think a lot of fans will look at him the same way again. Hardy walked out of WWE when his popularity was at its peak and in the middle of the biggest push & most interesting feud of his entire career. Given Hardy's history with drugs and the fact that WWE really dodged a bullet with Hardy's arrest coming only days after his contract with the company was officially up, I don't know if Vince is willing to take the chance on Hardy. And, let's be totally honest, it would be something of a risk given his problems & eratic behavior.

Bobby Roode - I'd very much like to see Bobby Roode in WWE. He has a great look, he can go inside the ring, his promo work is among the best in TNA right now and he just brings something of a good overall package. I thought about putting him as my first choice but at 35 years of age, Roode is someone who would have to really leave TNA soon I think in order for WWE to really want to invest in him. While 35 is still young overall, compare him to other guys in WWE that are in the same ballpark when it comes to age. Randy Orton is almost 32 and has been a singles star since he was in his mid 20s with 9 World Championships to his name. John Cena is in his mid 30s I think and has been the biggest star in WWE for the better part of a decade. CM Punk is a 5 time World Champion and one of the hottest guys on the roster right now. Up until about 6 months ago, Bobby Roode was firmly entrenched as a tag team wrestler. I think Roode could make it in WWE but, as with Aries, it'll probably have to happen relatively soon if it's going to happen.

AJ Styles - As far as in-ring ability goes, Styles is one of the top guys in wrestling. Again, like most of these other guys, I'd be happy to see Styles in WWE. I don't believe it will happen, however. Styles has said time and time again that he's a TNA guy and he still has, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere around 5 years left on his current TNA deal. Styles shines in the ring but he does have shortcomings. I enjoy him overall, but he's not much to speak of on the mic and he doesn't have a lot of charisma in my eyes. Styles is still a pretty young guy and, personally, I think WWE would be able to utilize him in a way in which he could ascend to another level. He's long since already done everything he can do in TNA.

Mr. Anderson - Personally, I think this guy is pretty overrated. To hear a lot of Anderson marks, you'd think he was a revolutionary force that changed the game. He is good on the mic, I give him that. But, he's not nearly as good as he's sometimes made out to be. Inside the ring, the guy's a little above average. I like hearing him talk, not as much as I used to but still, much more than seeing him wrestle. Anderson is someone that's also burned a lot of bridges in WWE. Of all the guys listed, I'd say that Anderson is definitely one of the least likely to make it back to WWE. Personally, I don't think he's all that good overall.

James Storm - Take almost everything I said about Roode and put it here. He has almost all of the same strengths as Roode and the same disadvantages.

TheExpectant2000: BUT the people that I think the WWE NEEDS is the Motor City Machine Guns. Just look at their tag team division. There are really just 4 teams(3 currently cuz one is injured). They are Justin Gabriel+Kidd(gabriel is injured tho.), Epico+Primo, Usos, and Ziggler+Swagger.

I agree that WWE's tag team scene isn't great but, in all honesty, it's definitely no worse off than TNA at this point. Aside from the Guns, all TNA has are Samoa Joe & Magnus and Mexican America. While it's nice to see Samoa Joe involved in something somewhat relevant after wallowing in irrelevance the past few years and it's nice seeing something done with Magnus, this team just hasn't struck me as anything particularly special. Right now, they just feel like a couple of guys thrown together to hold the belts because there hasn't been anyone else. As for Mexican America, they're just flat out awful in my view. Neither guy can talk nor can either guy wrestle all that well. Without the Guns, TNA has pretty much nothing as far as tag teams go.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM

billhill999 is looking to come up from OCW...

No love for Matt Morgan?
He's big enough and has the skills to hold his own with the likes of Brock Lessnar and the other big men in WWE.
Morgan could easily be a good mid card wrestler in WWE
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 PM

Punk_Y2j is looking to come up from OCW...

There are alot of Name I would bring in but my main point has everyone forgotten RVD man he was awsome and had some great feuds and like kurt Angle retire where he started ?

Anyway thats my first one

Shannon Moore: As a North Carolina boy I would like to see him back maybe in the Cruiserweight division if there ever going to bring that back hes the guy to make it happen

Jeff Hardy: As above staying loyal to my North Carolina boys plus I reckon he could continue his fued with Punk and Give it a while and Punk will turn heel they need him.

Kurt Angle: Legend they need him back

Motor City Machine Guns: Tag team division needs to be better

Matt Morgan: To replace the Big Show and Crimson too.

And Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnedddddddddddddy Kennnnedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

If I could pick someone, I'd go with Alex Shelley? Why? Because with any luck at all, he'd bring Chris Sabin and his girlfriend with him, to bring instant credibility to the WWE tag team situation, with a smoking hot valet who could later transition into the divas division as well. WWE has a few tag teams which show some promise, but they need a bonafide top tier tag team to revitalize the division. MCMG would be just the guys to do it. And I'd love to see Velvet Sky in the WWE as well. Someone with her particular "talents" deserves a greater stage and a larger audience.

Personally, I have little to no interest in seeing Angle or Hardy back in WWE. And I absolutely don't want to see Anderson return either.

Of course, a little AJ Styles wouldn't be a bad thing either. As a face, of course, no need for a heel turn here.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Peridot is looking to come up from OCW...

TNA to me at the moment has 4 major assets that if I was vince id want in my company. Roode, Storm, AJ and Flair

Roode has it. He has that swagger and a roode vs HHH with HHH as COO fued is something that i would LOVE to see. He is great inside and out of a ring. He has the look and the charisma to back it up, just the perfect heel champ for me.

Storm has that brash toughness and natural charisma to back up what he has in the ring which is pretty damn good. This also brings beer money as a team if they wish to reform, as they are a great tag team. Storm vs Miz, city vs country boy is a fued id love to see, the promos would be golden for sure.

AJ Styles has proven himself time and time again to be phenomenal. Inside the ring there are few better and hell if he were to go to the WWE, id put him in with taker at WM to give him the rub, not beat taker ofc but to cement him as it did RKO. In ring ability for sure... I would get him a manager though as his promo skills can wander at times.

Why do I say flair? Well if the WWE is missing one thing right now is legend experience. We have all this young talent, that with the right manager, as Flair has proven himself to be, could be great. Flair comes back, takes maybe Daniel Bryan Dean Ambrose and the KoW and makes them a force that the WWE can use time and time again.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Bobby Roode by a mile, he's the best heel in wrestling right now for me, he is the complete package and would offer WWE the ideal corporate WWE champion for Big Johnny.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I picked Kurt Angle because well it's Kurt Angle. Imagine the matches he could have with Ziggler, Punk, and DB. I think him and DB specifically would make magic. I always hoped Kurt would have his final run in WWE before he retires. A very close second would be Bully Ray with the exact gimmick he has now. I see a great feud with him and Punk. Even still Kurt is my pick.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM

SWL105 is looking to come up from OCW...

The motor city machine guns to help the tag team division out, but I don't think the wwe are bothered about it so itd be a waste of a pick. Kurt Angle could come back and if used selectively perform just as good as he used too,RVD was always a favourite of mine too but Mister Kennedy would ALWAYS be my first choice to come back to wwe.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

I would say Garret Bischoff in the WWE and why I say that is because Garret is a 2nd generation star, the son of perhaps one of the greatest influential people of wrestling of the 1990s during the Monday Night Wars, the son of Eric Bischoff former RAW GM, and with Garret with his dad's name he can actually go a long way in WWE provided if Legacy was still a stable today, Garret would have been the perfect fit to join their stable but Garret in WWE he would make a great mid-carder, that's for sure
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
crnbrdfrts

Jamey is looking to come up from OCW...

Velvet Sky.

Only reason I watch TNA anyway. It'd be one less thing I would have to DVR on Thursdays.

I'd also like to see Angle back. I think an Angle/Punk program would be excellent. Milk vs. Pepsi.
sendpm.gif