WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Oooooo yaaaahhhhh

THEbrawler12345678910 is looking to come up from OCW...

i dont get how ppl dont like stables...if done right..stables could be interesting and boost other stars in the group (evolution, legacy)..id keep it as general as possible tho..no ziggler or jack swagger (they r with vikki) and no reuniting of awesome truth....
i can c this:
Team Johnny Ace
- Johnny Ace (leader and gm of both shows)
- david otunga (right hand man)
- brock lesnar
- mark henry
- alberto del rio
- christian or miz
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...

A Miz/Otunga tag team isn't a bad idea, at least until something opens up for Miz again, in terms of a good singles program.

The real problem with the idea of a stable at this point is that it risks muddying the waters of the brand extension. If we are supposed to believe that both SD and Raw are still separate entities, then a Team Johnny stable running through both brands is just a bit too much, especially when Lauranitis has thus far, aside form Lesnar and Henry, been shown to associate with heels that aren't exactly main eventing at the moment.

So then the question becomes, is there a SD Team Johnny and Raw Team Johnny? That'd be like the NWO factions all over again.

There's nothing wrong with Johnny Ace favoring certain heels, or even all heels, and letting them maintain their individual identities rather than as a collective. It'll help push them more than any stable will. Ask David Otunga...I don't think the Nexus or New Nexus did that much for his career, but just being a heel, standing next to Johnny Ace with a travel mug for a few weeks established his character and motivations.

At this point, as stale as the GM concept is, if they are going to keep doing, they need to do it a manner that putting talent over, and getting them to the next level, rather than blurring the lines amongst heels that are already often hard to tell apart.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Million Dollar Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think a stable of Laurinaitis, Otunga and Lesnar is a very good starting point. Nice mixture there already of different type of characters.

I would let them garner some steam and then maybe add someone else. Laurinaitis and Vickki Guerrero as an item would repulse and garner A LOT of heat!!!

Someone mentioned The Miz. I think the Miz would be good but pairing him up in a stable with Lesnar just doesnt seem right.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 AM

TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...

Stables ONLY work in a power struggle situation. ie: Evolution, nWo, Horsemen, Corporation/DX, etc... Right now with Laurinaitis in control there is potential for a heel stable but normally they are created to gain control not upon having control. Plus a stable really needs another faction to feud with because they lose credibility when faced against a "SUPERMAN" face like Cena or Orton. See Nexus vs Cena as a perfect example. Albeit Sting vs nWo was built like that but nWo looked strong in assaulting everyone else in WCW regularly and taking control.

A stable also needs a capable mouthpiece/manager to draw heat and Big Johnny IS NOT the character to spearhead a faction. Someone like Regal or hell even Matt Striker would be better. Right now in my eyes the current WWE roster doesn't have enough superstars that would make sense together in a stable.

I would love to see a faction with Regal, Hero, Daniels, Claudio, Rollins, and Ambrose (all Indy guys who share a style and past) feud with guys like Orton and Punk for the top spots in WWE, but that is highly unlikely given the context of the Big Johnny storyline and to me having Brock Lesnar as the top "heel" he overshadows a stable of smaller Indy heels...
sendpm.gif