WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Hands down the most stale personality in the WWE hands down is John Cena, he's been stale since 2005 having the same old tired gimmick, it's time for a change, time to turn Cena heel
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Sheamus.

What happened to the guy who came out and said "Ill fight him" when Teddy Long was about to suspend Henry because he was a danger to the rest of the roster. No tales of folklore, no just kicking guys heads off and posing, this guy was legit serious.

WWE had a legitimate opportunity to turn Sheamus into a wrecking machine, that backed it up with words from time to time. The way he was received after his promo on Henry was an example of how receptive people were to him, at the time.

Listen to the pop for the guy when he came out at 4:19, and the crowd's reaction as well when he uttered those three simple words at 5:09. Or after he told the folktale at 6:00. This wasn't canned heat they were giving Sheamus, you could see the crowd in the front rows chanting his name. And for the next few months, he cut similar promos, short but sweet. You knew what he was about, he kept it fairly serious, and he kicked ass.

But what's happened? He's become cartoonish in nature. Instead of expanding on his badass character, he's become a guy who can't get through a promo without telling a terrible Irish folklore. And what's happened? The pops he used to receive upon entering started to turn to boos, and then even worse, muted reaction. Why? Because he's failed to grow his character beyond a guy who kicks people in the air, tells jokes, and poses while screaming real loud. That's all there is to him.

And this was most evident at Wrestlemania 28, when the fans booed loudly when face Sheamus beat the arrogant, emotionally abusive heel i Daniel Bryan for the World Title. Those boos continued the next night on Raw, and also to the two following Smackdown's. Hell, fans seemed more invested in the stale Del Rio during their talking segment, and their matches together.

If Alberto Del Rio is perceived as more interesting then you, it's time for a change, fella.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

If anything you wanna know who's stale, The Miz if anything he is stale, he should change up his gimmick, been a heel for the longest time, it's time to finally go face
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 AM

destruct-o-tron is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm so tired of Jerhico.

Actually, I was tired of him 10 years ago. 10 years ago, I thought Jerhico was boring and stale. Now, I'm just fucking baffled.

His entire career seems to consist of gauging just how long fans will tolerate some annoying douche who does the exact same "generic heel shit" every fucking week. The answer, apparently, is a really, REALLY long fucking time.

And before anyone even says this "trying to get Punk to become an alcoholic" bullshit is new and exciting... No. No, it fucking isn't. It's just more "generic heel shit".
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
WWE Diva's Champion

The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know if I would say stale or stagnant. But the Big Show hasn't really done anything for me in a while, seems to rest on his 'Worlds Largest Athlete' title without really evolving. He is either Happy go Lucky or Angry depending on the week without any other variation.

Just My Opinion.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

The problem with characters becoming stale is partly because of the IWC and the current world we live in.

There is not enough they can do with characters because everyone wants to be "real." So we end up with a bunch of heels that are damn near the same persona ... we end up with a handful of faces that are damn near the same persona ... and we end up getting bored.

Honestly, on an individual level, I am kind of getting bored with (and I think someone else already said this) Dolph Ziggler. Right when I thought he was ready to take the next step and become a true main eventer ... he seemed to hit a wall and just stop.

His work on the mic is dreadful at times ... he is just another cocky heel and we have plenty of those so he does not standout. When he and Swagger talk, to me, it feels like he clearly is not as good as Swagger on the stick and that bothers me because I really want to like him.

There are a handful of other guys (Randy Orton, Big Show, Rey Mysterio) that I also think seem to be getting monotonous ... but Ziggler sticks out because he seemed to ready to ascend to me.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 03:15 PM

Elmarko13 is looking to come up from OCW...

Heath Slater: Every time i see this guy on TV i want to boot my TV honestly you've got so many amazing talents in FCW and even superstars and you give this hack time.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM

Texas Tornado is looking to come up from OCW...

For me, Wade Barrett. The same promo, the same moves, over and over again, and now with mediocre entrance music. Orton comes off one of the best feuds in recent memory with Christian, decent feuds with Rhodes and Henry, and then hits Barrett and it's a snoozefest.>>True
Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 PM

Christian Faith is looking to come up from OCW...

Alberto Del Rio.

I cannot understand why he is pushed so heavily and I find him boring. It's always the same destiny shit over and over.

Go away!

An honourable mention goes to Daniel Bryan who's promo's I fast forward through.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 AM

A_kennedy666 is looking to come up from OCW...

Speaking of stale, the commentary doesn't even matter anymore, don't remember the last time these dumbfucks made a match sound interesting, watched Sting vs Angle from TNA, they actually mention each and every move, that's called commentary, not dumbfucks like Lawler and Michael Cole, wish they had Jesse Ventura and Bobby Heenan on commentary!
sendpm.gif