WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM

deslok is looking to come up from OCW...

I wonder if they are planning something more down the throat like, such as Lord Tensai running in to demolish Cena (along with Brock of course) and than have the pair introduced as a new crew of the Dynamic dude.
Either way, is the writing on the wall for Cena to be taking a break for a bit after this match? It seems like it.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 PM

OmgItzBluffer is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJimmy View Post
Well, it was reported that Lesner was never a fan of Cena so there could be some real life dislike between the 2.

Also, I do agree that this match is not really suited for Extreme Rules...more like SummerSlam......which could turn out to be Brock vs Rock II.
My question to you is if it wasn't meant for Extreme Rules then what would creative do with Brock Lesnar?
They want to use his full 1 year contract and it just wouldn't make senese for him to feud with any one other then the companies top star.
Again, this is just my opinion.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 AM

Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Extreme Rules, as far as the match gimmick goes, kind of just means Hardcore now, huh? Like it used to feel a step above Hardcore Matches, featuring weapons that were trademarks of ECW, but now they're just normal stuff. That's not to say it's bad and I don't understand it. ECW's a product of WWE now, so why not name a match after it rather than use an obscure, less marketable name like "Hardcore"?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Brock Lesnar is going to win at Extreme Rules, continuing Cena's losing streak, ever since Cena lost to Rock at Mania, he's never been the same and Lesnar is going to use that to his advantage and I think Lesnar is already in Cena's head and it shows too, with Cena losing to Lord Tensai, Cena is done, there's a new face in the WWE and that new face of the WWE is Brock Lesnar plain and simple
sendpm.gif
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

Aside from the ring rust we are gonna see from Lesnar I'm more interested in his new attire. I'm imagining a UFC/old WWE attire hybrid so it should be quite amusing.

Really though, Lesnar wins. If Lesnar loses his whole return amounts to nothing, kind of like Jericho's return thats only served to put Punk over. I'm expecting a match with more botches than Rock vs Cena at mania. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar forgets hes in the WWE and unleashes some incredible pain on Cena.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 AM

GodlyTwins is looking to come up from OCW...

We are going to have a treat with this match! I expect this to be a brutal match between Cena and Brock. Brock is clearly going to win at Extreme Rules, but how is the question.

I think that Brock will "KO" Cena, kinda like in his MMA fights. It would be awesome to see Cena lying on the mat motionless, while Brock (The new face of the WWE) showboats like the beast he is!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Only happy when it Reigns.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Gabriel View Post
Extreme Rules, as far as the match gimmick goes, kind of just means Hardcore now, huh? Like it used to feel a step above Hardcore Matches, featuring weapons that were trademarks of ECW, but now they're just normal stuff. That's not to say it's bad and I don't understand it. ECW's a product of WWE now, so why not name a match after it rather than use an obscure, less marketable name like "Hardcore"?
Exactly. What's the difference between an Extreme Rules match and a Chicago Street Fight? Essentially they're different names for the same thing. Likewise with No Holds Barred, Anything Goes, Unsanctioned, and No DQ, No Countout.

Obviously they want to play up the fact that it's in Punk's hometown, but on the other hand we never get West Newbury Street Fights do we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBL View Post
...realizes it's WWE, jumps back
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 AM

Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...Martin Gabriel worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Soda View Post
Exactly. What's the difference between an Extreme Rules match and a Chicago Street Fight? Essentially they're different names for the same thing. Likewise with No Holds Barred, Anything Goes, Unsanctioned, and No DQ, No Countout.

Obviously they want to play up the fact that it's in Punk's hometown, but on the other hand we never get West Newbury Street Fights do we?
Not necessarily Diet Soda. Sometimes a certain gimmick match denotes a higher degree of violence in contrast with other matches with technically similar rules. For instance, though a No Holds Barred match would technically permit the use of weapons as much as in an Extreme Rules match, sometimes it's only booked as a No Holds Barred match to enable a run-in or lesser offenses that would otherwise result in a disqualification. Extreme Rules matches, in WWE's more recent history, usually amount to excessive use of weapons. Basically you need to think of the matches more in terms of what they're advertising rather than what the rules technically allow.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:42 PM

CKrantz is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to CKrantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyTwins View Post
We are going to have a treat with this match! I expect this to be a brutal match between Cena and Brock. Brock is clearly going to win at Extreme Rules, but how is the question.

I think that Brock will "KO" Cena, kinda like in his MMA fights. It would be awesome to see Cena lying on the mat motionless, while Brock (The new face of the WWE) showboats like the beast he is!
I agreed with u before I saw raw last night, but after seeing Brock turning into a super hated heel and Cena with the chain wrapped around his right hand. I see the match going down like this. Brock dominates most of the match and then Cena tries to swing with the chain but misses Brock. Brock then counters by lifting Cena for the F5, but instead of Cena landing flat he counters by landing on his feet and nails Brock with the steel chain. Brock is stunned and then Cena nails the attitude adjustment on Brock for the win. Nobody would expect that and it sets up a rematch. If Cena loses why have a rematch?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
The Queen of Swing
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKrantz View Post
If Cena loses why have a rematch?
Because Cena losing could set him on a crusade. I expected him to beat Rock, but he didn't......then, I definitely expected him to beat Tensai, but he didn't. If he loses to Brock, I believe the stage will be set for a new phase of Cena's career development, one that sets him on an entirely new path. It can take so many forms and offer so many possibilities that I can't even hazard a guess as to which way it goes.

Perhaps we're going to see a crisis of confidence on his part that makes him reticent and afraid......or maybe he comes out of Extreme Rules determined to fix what's been going wrong lately.....or maybe we'll see the face change so many have been looking for...... or maybe it will be something else no one has even thought of. Cena's flexibility as a performer lends itself to a limitless range of possibilities, and I believe it all starts when Cena loses this Sunday.

I can't see Cena winning; what would happen to Brock's push as a monster? He has a 12-month contract, after all, and if they negate the effect of his push at the first PPV, what does he do the rest of the year?