WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: best heel run ever
triple h 25 28.09%
bret hart 4 4.49%
mr mcmahon 26 29.21%
holywood hulk hogan 10 11.24%
bobby hennan 1 1.12%
other 23 25.84%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Vince McMahon for best heel of all time.
Been an off again on again heel since late 1996 but really turning at the Montreal Screwjob in 1997

noone else gets the same sort of hatred and love directed towards him depending entirely what he does when he comes out, and during the attitude era he was the number 1 heel on screen IMO.

and outside of the onscreen he cops so much flack for everything he does or doesn't address.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...PEP3 is looking to come up from OCW...

As someone who grew up watching pro wrestling throughout the '80s, especially living in the South, I don't think any heel can adequately compare to "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (and The Four Horsemen). While many, many wrestlers may have an intense period in their career, where they are the industry's "hot commodity," it is generally fairly short-lived. Flair, though, managed to maintain white-hot heat through an entire decade.

The antithesis to Hogan in the '80s, who faced and, ultimately, up-ended one sadistic challenge after another, Flair was the unstoppable heel. Despite a never-ending string of wildly popular contenders, most of whom seemed more than capable of bringing his domination to a screeching halt, "The Nature Boy" consistently managed to hold onto his belt. And, whenever he needed back up, The Horsemen were there to lend a helping hand.

Some of the dastardly things they did to challengers and to allow Flair to keep his strap are legendary. Attacks in parking lots. Four-on-one assaults. Manipulating women. All of it was genius -- and, for the time, ground-breaking!!

Many people came along later who experienced massive success as heels. Indeed, many -- like "The Million Dollar Man," JBL and now Alberto Del Rio -- use similar gimmicks. However, I'd challenge anyone in the industry to say Flair was not just "The Man," but the man against whom any and all heels have to be judged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix View Post
PEP's what every newbie should aspire to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Is a badass new rookie poster. Watch out for him, guy has tons of potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Blocker View Post
He has the NorCal rub. PEP3 is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The D-Man View Post
Another solid rookie. Praise him, people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
PEP.....he's smart, he's positive, he's interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Steven JicKurtesy Mames View Post
You are a great poster PEP3 and you know your stuff.

Last edited by PEP3 : 04-12-2012 at 03:48 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 AM
The Heel God

Nick Black is looking to come up from OCW...Nick Black is looking to come up from OCW...

This will always be a tough one to answer. Vinnie Mac has always been an amazing heel, simply toying with the WWE Universe anytime he wants. He has all the power to do ANYTHING. And messing with the most loved wrestlers of all time (Rock, Austin, Foley) just adds to the hatred people have shown for him and his character over the years. HHH has had a few amazing heel runs, and the best being 2002-2005 which has been mentioned a few times in this thread already. JBL also had an amazing run. He might not have even gotten this run to last as long as it did if it weren't for the unexpected passing of Eddie Guererro in 2005. JBL rocketed to the top of the WWE as the most dominant heel on either brand. The feud with John Cena was brilliant, especially with the "I Quit" match that Cena came out on top with.

I can't really pick one, but if It came down to my favorite, it would be JBL. The sheer ferocity and cunningness he showed during his time in WWE after the Acolytes/APA. Once Farooq was fired, JBL took over and started playing a Heel on Smackdown! as Kurt Angle (The GM) would help him with matches. He held the WWE Championship for 280 days, the longest reign for any Smackdown! Superstar with the WWE Title.

Credit to FitFinlay4Life!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Timekeeper is looking to come up from OCW...

I still prefer the Hogan heel run, with the NWO and the infamous turn at Bash at the Beach. Still, in my opinion, the best storyline in the history of wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM

The Voice is looking to come up from OCW...

Chris Jericho and Vince McMahon played great heels because you really wanted to hit them. Stone Cold played his short hell run really well. I liked him better as a heel than a face. Undertaker was also very good in his Minestry phase. Triple H gets my vote though just because he was the main heel during the height of the attitude era.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
2 Catholic girls in a knife fight
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dowds is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via MSN to Dowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowds

I haven't seen his name yet but an honourable mention should go to Mohammed Hassan. If not for an unfortunately close to the bone spot, he could have been a revelation to the WWE. Would he have been as big after his initial run came to a close? Very hard to say, but his gimmick execution was great.

Mr McMahon edges this for me. He was the perfect foil for Austin and perfected the role of on-screen bastard boss. Whenever he would get his comeuppance would draw a huge reaction from the crowd, a sign of a great heel.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM

JAK is looking to come up from OCW...

For me the best heel run was the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase in the WWF. He was, for me, the complete package - he could talk without being boring, he was always going to be hated as he was never a cool heel, he managed to maintain a strong position in the WWF when the Hulk Hogan glass ceiling was in effect and most importantly he could really wrestle.

If the Million Dollar Man was a wrestler of today and allowed to do everything he did in the past then I believe he would be a world champion. I believe the worst thing about the Million Dollar Man is the mountain he left to climb for his son, as Ted Dibiase Jnr has never mpressed me like his father.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
@ThisisBDub

ThisisBDub is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for Triple H and I remember quite distinctly that was the first time I watched a Heel and I didn't actually cheer for them like you weren't suppose to do but I hated him. Like legit for real getting angry when I saw him on my TV screen. His heel run from about 03 to 05 was one of the bests I ever watched. I don't know who else that was a heel, that actually made me hate them like they intended to make you do.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

How anyone could go with anyone else other than Mr. McMahon is beyond me. He had to be the biggest heel in professional wrestling history. He played the role perfectly and led the WWFE into the highest ratings that professional wrestling has ever seen.

His feud with Austin is what people will be searching on youtube a generation from now. Mr. McMahon was second to none in being a hated heel.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

Corporate Rock, he had absolutely everything and was in my opinion the most entertaining bad-guy in the history of the WWE. His fueds with Mankind and Austin were legendary.