WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Not even exactly sure what HE is

TBK is looking to come up from OCW...TBK is looking to come up from OCW...TBK is looking to come up from OCW...TBK is looking to come up from OCW...

I say this as a fan of both The Rock and Lesnar. On the subject of Brock, don't remember him specifically saying he hates WWE and shit. He left and had a few words, but none seemed like they specifically were shitting on Wrestling. I even remember him defending it and saying it was a lot harder to be a wrestler than it seems. But the biggest reason I'd say is Brock seems like he'll be on the road at least for a while. With Rocky, it was so inconsistent. He showed up at random points in the year for two matches (both which he won), then left to go do hollywood movies. At least with Brock, I have a feeling he may beat Cena, but down the line he's going to end up letting somebody get a win over him and that he'll be around for a good chunk of the year.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM
The Knight

cmedge is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz_Mark View Post
I don't know what you've been reading or to whom you've been talking, but I absolutely *have* heard outrage expressed at Brock's return just as surely as the Rock's. Personally, the biggest difference for *me* is that the Rock only came back for a handful of appearances and 2 matches, whereas Lesnar is going to be making 30+ appearances and presumably wrestling a dozen or more matches. That definitely changes the landscape. If the Rock had come back with that deal, I'd have had no problem with it.

As for the comparisons to Jericho and Taker, I don't find that at all valued. Taker didn't leave the company to pursue another career, he's just semi-retired because he physically cannot go on a regular basis any longer.

And Jericho has never trashed WWE and said he's done (aside from a tweet to throw off people suspecting his imminent return) but has made it clear that he is a part of the WWE family but wants/needs to sometimes recharge his batteries and pursue other interests.

If either the Rock or Brock had been like "I need a year or 2 off to fight/do movies, then I'll be back full time for a 2-3 years" I doubt there would have been problems had with that.

You do realize that The Rock is a Hollywood leading man who sells out theatres around the world right... Brock Lesnar is a washed up UFC dude who was sent back to the WWE by Overeem and returned because of the money.

The Rock is always so busy, I was surprised he made 7 Raw apperances in a row.. Brock doesn't really have anything to do.

I don't recall hearing that The Rock is being paid 5 million bucks.. The Rock is an established legend in the company, Lesnar was only here for 2 years. Granted, I do like Lesnar and The Rock and I'm hoping to be entertained as a fan from what's going to happen.

None of us work for the WWE so we should all stop focusing on what's behind the scene's and care for what's on our televisions..
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM

Paul Bunyan's Axe is looking to come up from OCW...

I personally don't like Rock or Lesnar. Both for the same reason really. I do get what you're saying, the IWC are usually a huge bunch of hypocrites who go against their own word. This isn't the first case of that and it won't be the last.

I honestly can't take anything Lesnar does seriously after the trash he has talked about the WWE, but as long as he can still work as well as he did back in the day, I'll be alright with him.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Smart-Ass
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Cookie14 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think one of the reasons that Brock gets less hate for returning than the Rock is simply due to time served.
The Rock was in WWE long enough to make us give a shit about him, to create a legacy. Brock came here to earn a quick buck, then leave when a better offer came in.

End of the day, Brock will always be hated for being the modern day Ultimate Warrior, for leaving when he could have given so much more. The Rock is hated for leaving when everyone knew that no-one was even close to being able to replace him (and hated for returning when there is STILL no-one able to match him)
Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...Alastor is looking to come up from OCW...

Because wrestling fans are idiots. But my theory is the Rock has major feuds with the precious SCSA, a wrestler many consider a god that has no wrongs. The hatred for Rock could be related to kafabe and reality being mixed up. Similar to the irrational hate for HHH and irrational love for Hardys before they finally lost the plot completely.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM

g12solution is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davi323 View Post
For me, it was never about how they left, or how long they were gone, it was what they said when they got back. I don't care if they left to look for greener pastures, they have a right to earn money, to do what they think is in the best interests of themselves and their families. I don't begrudge either the Rock or Brock Lesnar for that.

So far, Brock Lesnar has not tried to pander to the audience by claiming how much he loves the business, that he is never leaving, etc. He didn't feed the audience a bunch of bullshit, essentially. The Rock did. THAT is what I had the problem with, it was the way the Rock insulted the audience's intelligence. If the Rock had simply come back and said he was back to kick John Cena's ass, I would have been fine with it. But don't pretend to be something you aren't, Dwayne.

As long as Brock doesn't start telling the crowd about how much he missed them, how much he loves the WWE, how much it's in his blood etc, when we all know its a crock of shit, it's fine. If he starts to bullshit the crowd like the Rock did, you can bet I will be on his case too.

Basically,
Finally, Brock has come home = Shut the fuck up, Brock.

I'm here because Vince offered me $$$ and Diverticulitis means no UFC = Okay. At least you were honest about it. Welcome Back.
Thats a really stupid post, the reason why Brock hasn't said that stuff is because he is a freaking heel. And I totally agree with the OP, though i love Brock the things that the IWC say just make me so angry, people say the Rock came back for the money while he is making millions from blockbuster movies. Then i hear people saying Brock is just "A good business man", for wanting money
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
The below sentence is a lie

vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...vampirek is looking to come up from OCW...

Lets be frankly honest, The Rock left to do movies at a time when there was simply nothing for him to do, he had done it all. Austin had the same problem, rather than move on, he kicked off and walked out of the company only to apologies months later. The Rock left and put over the new talent before doing so, the likes of Orton, Batista and Lesnar... who would all go on to main event Wrestlemania. He left the company in good hands, it wasn't like he was leaving a sinking ship for his own needs.

Travel forward and now WWE has a new main guy, who has the same problem as The Rock and Austin before him. They done it all with him and have nothing left for him to do. They could put the title on him but they've done that a good few times. The Rock who would always come back if it was the right sort of match is asked and there you have Rock v Cena, the two of the biggest names in pro wrestling history at Wrestlemania, good for business.

Brock Lesnar on the other hand is a different case, he walked out of the company to go play American football, turns out he sucked at that. He was banned under his terms to join another company in America, so went to Japan (which the WWE tried to stop). He didn't like it there in the end and went on to go into UFC. His career ended there due to illness and never recovering and now it's come full circle and ended up in the place he wanted to leave in the first place (Which raises the question, has he returned purely because its the only option left?). However what does it really matter, in a time when WWE is lacking star power, Lesnar is a welcomed addition. Those who complain in the back should actually take note as to why the likes of Taker, HHH, HBK, Rock, Cena, Lesnar, Austin and to an extent Jericho still are the big time players who can outperform the lot of them, get the crowd to react and generally provide a good show.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I didn't oppose Rock coming back and I'm not now opposing Lesnar's return. I'm sympathetic to hard-working wrestlers who are losing their spot on the roster because Rock or Lesnar takes it, but the payoffs and bonuses they receive in return should more than make up for their hurt egos. Bret Hart wrote in his book that wrestlers hated how Hogan was always being pushed and on top, yet they loved the payoffs they received from bigger gates.

Its all a bit hypocritical for fans, of all people, to complain. FFS, these guys are coming back to entertain us, why should we complain? Even if Rock has departed for 6-8 months, there are plenty of wrestlers that can come in and fill the void. But then again, this is just IWC bitching for the sake of bitching.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 AM

Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think a good idea for The Rock especially, would have him keep himself relevant with WWE while he is away doing his movies!

I think he could manage to do more "Presentations Via Satellite" as John Cena put it. This would at least keep the Rocks fans happy knowing he is still there and is still caring about the WWE. I understand it's not ideal doing this,, as building a Storyline/Fued would prove pretty difficult. Rock could maybe do 1 a week for a 15minute time slot on Raw. It's not as good as having him in the flesh in the Arenas but seeing Rock on the screen cutting a promo is better than seeing no Rock at all. I really enjoyed Rock's "Out of Arena" Promos especially the one where he threw John Cena merchandise in the Boston Harbor. I doubt it would cost WWE much to send a filming crew to the Rocks locations each week.

With Brock Lesnar i'm so far happy with what he has shown us. The big Return, The In-Ring Brawl, The backstage chat with Josh, and the 2nd F5 to Cena (and a Kick in the knackers) have all made for great viewing. It's far better watching this than watching a boring Raw Main Event between CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. If Brock continues like this for the year we will see him i'll be satisfied. I don't care if he is only back for the money,, as long as he is entertaining people thats the main thing. I also think with Brock coming back as heel could do the likes of Cena,Punk and Orton the world of good down the road.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Knockout Champion

Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...

I wonder if Cena's new gimmick is going to be losing to someone that has wrestled in nearly a decade every couple months.

Why did I hate The Rock's return? Because he made a big deal about how he's back and all, and he made 2 appearances in 10 months, blah blah blah, someone that inconsistant isn't doing anything for the new generation of superstars, WWE is shooting themselves in the foot by pushing The Rock and burying their entire roster under his ego.

Brock I don't hate as much, but I think it's because I never grew attached to him, he was in and out, and shit all over the WWE, but it's WWE's fault for handing him the keys to the car. Brock Michael Jordaned to another sport, with more success, and showed us another side of him, he can potentially be a bigger deal now with a legitimate ability to look like a monster. The Rock.... Dressed up as a tooth fairy for money.

So, the image from The face of WWE losing to a movie star looks bad.... I put Dwayne about 2 pegs above David Arquette with his absense from the wrestling world. Brock Lesnar beating the hell out of Cena? looks legit, he's been fighting people way more dangerous than Cena for the last decade.
sendpm.gif