WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Knockout Champion

dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...dman1373 is looking to come up from OCW...

95-98 shawn was the best in ring performer. Thats a fact. So he would have brought some life into the main event scene if nothing else. Cause wcw had some real shitty main events compared to wwf at that time. You would have gotten shawn michaels vs ric flair, vs savage, maybe vs hogan, vs sting. Those would be nice, especially the first two, but if you look at the opponents he had in the wwf at the time, it would be a serious step down. I can't see shawn playing second fiddle to hogan for that long. So either he would be elevated or he would quit. Nwo would have still been as big if not bigger, cause what set the nwo was the cool factor. And scott hall was the key factor in nwo being cool. If shawn was given creative control in 1999 like nash, the wcw would still be going. If you look at the fueds he had control of they were really great.

Now WWF might not have scraped by. Shawn was the man at that time. He was the attraction. If you compare the ratings of 96 with shawn and early 97 when he was injured it shows that shawn was the glue keeping the wwf together. I don't see the wwf going in attitude direction because shawn was the main guy pushing for that. Now i see stone cold still blowing up, but not as much as he did. I don't see the rock being even a main eventer. He might have gotten kicked in 97. WWF would have been fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm cool

Harddyboy77 is looking to come up from OCW...

No HBK= No screwjob
No screwjob= no Mr. mcMahon character
No Mr. mcMahon character=No attitude era
No attitude era= Wcw winning Monday night Wars
And if WcW had won the Monday night wars then they would've eventually drove themselves into the ground. Wrestling would then be forgotten.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...

I get what your saying Harddyboy77 but that might be a stretch. NO HBK and WWF probably keeps Bret. Bret drops the title to Austin at WM14 and then I think we still get the Attitude era. The attitude era was brewing in mid 97. Although I do see WCW sticking around a little longer.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...

Shawn would have thrived in WCW. The traditional WCW audience was very much work rate driven and they would have embraced him wholeheartedly. His future wife was also Whisper of the Nitro girls, so meeting her there could have started his cleanup faster.

As for the end of the war, it would have gone the same way. Turner would eventually merge with AOL and WCW would be dead because the new head hated wrestling and wanted to rebrand TNT. The WWF would still have survived because what saved them was the influx of cash by going public, not anything else.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Knockout Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

HBK would never have been the face of WCW becuse there is no way Hogan would have allowed that. More likely would be HBK would be the US Champion for the nWo, Hall and Kid would be the Outsiders and HBK would either be dead now or would be in the same position Hall is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1373 View Post
95-98 shawn was the best in ring performer. Thats a fact.
It really isn't
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade_mario View Post
HBK would never have been the face of WCW becuse there is no way Hogan would have allowed that. More likely would be HBK would be the US Champion for the nWo, Hall and Kid would be the Outsiders and HBK would either be dead now or would be in the same position Hall is.

It really isn't
Let me guess.......... You think its Bret. Is your vote for Bret? Could you be suggeting its Bret?

This may be unpopular but I dont think theres no NWO without Nash. I think they would have went another way if Shawn came down. WCW really played to Nashs strengths and he was just a good fit there. Like I said HBK would have been completely misused in WCW
sendpm.gif
Old 04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Wow imagine not having the Shawn/Bret feud. On top of that I think HBK would have been grossly misused in WCW much as Bret was, and he may not have had the HOF career he had. Nash could have been a monster heel during the attitude era, and his feud with Taker could have been so much more. I always wonder if Nash would have beat Taker at mania if he wasn't leaving when his contract was up. The possibility of no streak would have greatly effected WWE even today. Also add to the fact that HBK and Hogan may not have worked to well together, and I think things could be quite different today had Hall and HBK jumped ship instead.
sendpm.gif