WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think this is the "PG-era" because that implies that it will go away one day. PG is here to stay. This era is the Reality Era. Wrestlers who, in my generation, were once thought to be larger than life, are regular guys with twitter handles. Kayfabe is bended and broken shamelessly. Shoot promos are more popular than 5-star matches. And real life is twisted into every angle. No more do you have a twisted character like Jake The Snake burying a huge face like Warrior neck deep in dirt.

The audience can only suspend their disbelief for so long now, and that is the essence of the Reality Era. But yeah, to call this the PG era is to only lie to yourself.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Wrestling fanatic 4 life

Attitude Era Junkie is looking to come up from OCW...

All I know is something seemed to change when Punk did what he did and it's been better ever since but there have still been some dull Raw and Smackdown shows. I still don't get why people think Punk would be nothing but a mid carder if he was there during the Attitude Era. His angry promos from 2011 wouldn't have worked in the Attitude Era? Is it because of his size? He's not the size of Rey Mysterio you know.

Maybe some people here should try watching his best PPV matches? He's a lot better than The Miz. He proves over and over again that he is great on the mic and a fantastic wrestler who can seemingly work with anyone and make them look good. I guarantee he would have at least one WWE championship reign in the Attitude Era or at least be put in main event matches against Austin and the other stars of that time. CM Punk is a superstar. Just because he doesn't look like The Rock, Cena, Austin or HHH doesn't mean he isn't good enough to be the champ and be put in main event matches.

It grinds my gears when people put him in the same group with The Miz.

BTW......I don't think we should call this the PG Era anymore. I mean the Attitude Era wasn't called the TV-14 Era. Looks to me like it's official name is the Reality Era.