WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Will Get This Gimmick?
Brock Lesnar 5 16.13%
Sheamus 2 6.45%
Dolph Ziggler 1 3.23%
Cody Rhodes 4 12.90%
Chris Jericho 0 0%
Alberto Del Rio 1 3.23%
Brodus Clay 4 12.90%
Daniel Bryan 2 6.45%
Justin Gabriel 5 16.13%
Dean Ambrose 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Wrestling. Whatever.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Something Significant Happened Tonight

Someone with revolution dripping from his lips made CM Punk look tame tonight. And that man is Brock Lesnar. Just in case you missed it, Lesnar cut a scintillating backstage promo about a minute long before the main event of Raw. In it, he made an allusion to his jock strap that got what I deemed to be an unexpectedly positive reception from those in attendance. Now having seen the WWE release a "Yes!" shirt last week, it's clear that this company is all about giving the fans what they want. And what they want is for Brock Lesnar to continue talking about underwear. Frankly, the man has been nothing but a bland big man for most of his tenure in wrestling. But this could be just the thing he needs to reach that next level, a gimmick that makes him stand out from every other super serious top guy in the business. Brock Lesnar should be making jokes about giving John Cena wedgies, about being the boxer-briefs of the combat sports world (wrestler and mixed martial artist, the best of both worlds), and occasionally making a wise-crack or two about butt floss.

Am I onto something here? Is the next big thing Brock Lesnar discussing undergarments? Or is the WWE going to hold Lesnar down by discouraging him from saying what the people want to hear?

Even if the WWE decides not to let Lesnar have this gimmick, it's clear they have to give it to somebody. There's just too much potential here not to. Who're they looking to push these days? Rhodes? Del Rio? Sheamus? If not Lesnar, who will get saddled with this money-making persona?

Last edited by Coco : 04-10-2012 at 12:05 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

If Brock is going to deliver a wedgie to Cena it has to be via jorts. Just grab one of the jort loops that holds the black belt and hang Cena over the top rope by it. If that doesn't make him look like a credible Baby Huey lookin' bully nothing will.

If they are going the undergarment route, I recommend using women's undergarments as weapons as well. Slap a bra on a guy and use the elastic to get more power in to forearm shots to the back, stuff panties in a guy's mouth or choke a guy out with stockings.

This could work Coco, this could work.

Edit - I voted for Cody, between his brother's old antics, his father needing a bra, the possibility he can say all the women's undergarments belonged to Sapphire and the prospect of Cody slapping a bra on the Big Show makes the idea too appealing. Book It!

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 04-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 AM

uguess94 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We are finally stepping away from the PG Era and you want to bring in someone who should be billed as a powerful monster, and have him talk about underwear? That really is just stupid and you think he was big and bland, your very dumb. When he debuted he wasn't supposed to have a character he was Heyman's guy then as he progressed he was with Vince so how was he bland? He showed charisma in the Goldberg/Austin feud, and had the ring skills to back it up. Look at Undertaker, he doesn't talk and when he does its long and drawn out, is he bland? Should he be talking about underwear and then maybe you'll think hes interesting? HELL NO that would be an insult to him and his legacy but we look past the fact that he doesn't work well on the mic because he is outstanding in the ring and at the end of the day that's the most important anyway.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 AM

the_People's_Voice is looking to come up from OCW...
Default What?!

I honestly can't wrap my head around what was stated here and that people actually took the few seconds to vote on something this...ridiculous! I very much hope this was all meant as a joke because there are many words I would use to describe Brock Lesnar but "bland" has to be one of the LAST words that would EVER come to my mind. This man achieved more in the two years he was previously in the WWE than many superstars have achieved in their entire careers. He was 2002 King of the Ring, the 2003 Royal Rumble winner, a 3-time WWE champion and had great rivalries and matches with some of the best superstars to ever grace the squared circle, including Kurt Angle and the Undertaker. He was not just some other big, monstrous, muscular guy; he had amazing agility for an, at that time, 295 pound man. He had unbelievable strength (which is sadly noted that he seems to have lost quite a bit of since his last run here in the WWE). He could talk the talk and walk the walk in every sense of the phrase. He was the WHOLE PACKAGE! I hardly know of any other superstar to have such a short run in the WWE and make the type of impact he did. I had a couple of friends who stopped watching WWE programming due to feeling like it wouldn't be worth watching any more after Lesnar left and there was always a little something missing after he did. Now with it being nine years nearly to the date since Cena last faced off against Lesnar in a PPV main event, this is easily going to bring in revenue. I am one of the biggest Rock fans in the world and I am almost looking forward to this match more than I was the Rock/Cena match at 'Mania 28. The reason there was such a pop during Brock's promo tonight wasn't because of fantasy dreams of professional wrestlers having gimmicks of underwear and thongs like some sick weirdos but because we, the WWE Universe, BELIEVED WHAT BROCK SAID! John Cena literally is nothing but an insignificant piece of dust in Lesnar's presence and at "Extreme Rules," Brock Lesnar will prove, just as he did nine years ago, that Cena has no chance in hell of beating him. Bow before not the next but the CURRENT big thing, Brock Lesnar.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 AM

mb47 is looking to come up from OCW...

Voted for Bryan.

Imagine Bryan keeping his heel character (I hope "yes" doesn't mean they turn him to a face!) and then him being in control of a match and pulling out a pair of panties and shoving them in his opponents mouth before putting a submission hold on or kicking them in the head etc...

I wouldn't want it going to fair and becoming really tasteless and toilet humor but the odd occasion of choking someone with a bra or something could be rather amusing and could get some huge heat if done right.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM

dilfp is looking to come up from OCW...

Ok, the "people's voice" hit it on the head. 8 or 9 years ago Lesnar was on fire, the future of the business, and then, he walked away. He comes back, gets paid out the @ss for probably 4 to 6 matches, then on his 2nd night back he bust the lip of the face of the company and then botches his 60 second promo 3 or 4 times. I understand "ring rust" and such, but guys, seriously, let him prove that he still has what it takes before you anoint him the second coming. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda tired of "the old guys" (a la Rock, Y2J, HBK, and now Lesnar) having to come back to promote sales.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Jewish American Princess
NWA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco View Post
Is the next big thing Brock Lesnar discussing undergarments? Or is the WWE going to hold Lesnar down by discouraging him from saying what the people want to hear?
Nah, they'll let him run with it. I suggest a weekly feature hosted by Brock: Cracks About Cracks in which Mr. Lesnar comments on body parts of the lower midsection, wedgies, jockstraps and undergarments (Jockeys or Boxers? Only John Morrison's girlfriend knows for sure!)

I think we've all been waiting for a vehicle through which Brock can express his sparkling personality. Maybe the segment can be sponsored by Fruit of the Loom?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM

BarryHorowitzfanclub is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd be tired of the "old guys coming back" schtick if it were some has-beens or never weres. But Brock and Rock (see what I did there...) coming back is huge, huge huge huge for business. First, it connects generations of fans and pleases everyone. Now, kids cna say they saw The Rock wrestle; saw Lesnar be the baddest man in physical combat and entertainment. Both of those guys came into WWE, made a name for themselves, and became bigger outside of WWE. Both coming back only helps WWE gather fans. It's a great investment.

All that said, this post has to be joking, right? Lesnar is not going to be a gimmick guy. He's a huge dude; that's all the gimmick he needs. Give him some time, and he'll be in better shape. He can't work out as hard as he used to, due to his intestinal issues; but he can be the one thing to stand up and knock down Cena. The Rock wobbled him, but Brock straight up knocked up over. It'll be a great ride, and when it is over, I'd bet you Cena looks even stronger than before (it will be weird for the haters, and very different.)
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
semi-retired from WZ
ECW TV Champion

Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...

If they are going to give the gimmick to Brock, then they need to bring back Shawn Stasiak immediately to team with him.

Can you imagine? Brock Lesnar, delivering all sorts of underwear related insults, and out comes Meat himself, complete with underwear designed wrestling trunks? What an amazing tag team they would make! They could call themselves the Brock-straps, and would be tag team champs in under a month. What could be better than a guy who talks about underwear teaming with a guy that wears "underwear" to the ring?

Great thread idea, Coco.

Last edited by Davi323 : 04-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Wrestling. Whatever.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uguess94 View Post
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We are finally stepping away from the PG Era and you want to bring in someone who should be billed as a powerful monster, and have him talk about underwear? That really is just stupid and you think he was big and bland, your very dumb. When he debuted he wasn't supposed to have a character he was Heyman's guy then as he progressed he was with Vince so how was he bland?
It was deemed he needed mouthpieces for significant chunks of his time as a heel, and he was as bland as they come as a babyface. That tells the story. No wonder the company folded like a house of cards when Rock and Austin left. Lesnar clearly didn't have the charisma to carry the torch. But this gimmick might just be that "it" factor he needs to reach that legendary status. Austin had his beer. Rock had his boob job. Lesnar will have his underwear.

Quote:
Look at Undertaker, he doesn't talk and when he does its long and drawn out, is he bland? Should he be talking about underwear and then maybe you'll think hes interesting? HELL NO that would be an insult to him and his legacy but we look past the fact that he doesn't work well on the mic because he is outstanding in the ring and at the end of the day that's the most important anyway.
I don't like Undertaker. That said, let's be realistic. WWE is too stuck in their ways at this point to significantly change Taker. And even if they did, nobody would buy that zombies are concerned with mortal trappings like undergarments. Hence why I didn't put Taker on the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_People's_Voice View Post
there are many words I would use to describe Brock Lesnar but "bland" has to be one of the LAST words that would EVER come to my mind. This man achieved more in the two years he was previously in the WWE than many superstars have achieved in their entire careers. He was 2002 King of the Ring, the 2003 Royal Rumble winner, a 3-time WWE champion and had great rivalries and matches with some of the best superstars to ever grace the squared circle, including Kurt Angle and the Undertaker. He was not just some other big, monstrous, muscular guy; he had amazing agility for an, at that time, 295 pound man. He had unbelievable strength (which is sadly noted that he seems to have lost quite a bit of since his last run here in the WWE). He could talk the talk and walk the walk in every sense of the phrase. He was the WHOLE PACKAGE! I hardly know of any other superstar to have such a short run in the WWE and make the type of impact he did.
Yeah, he had speed and he accomplished a lot. But he had no gimmick. No flair. No sizzle. JBL could talk the talk. Lesnar was just some meathead. But this gimmick could change that. I think, judging by the crowd response last night, that this gimmick would put Lesnar on that same plateau as guys like Austin, Rock, and Bradshaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryHorowitzfanclub View Post
Lesnar is not going to be a gimmick guy. He's a huge dude; that's all the gimmick he needs.
Brodus got a gimmick. A-Train got a gimmick. Lesnar's certainly not huger than them. I can think of no reason not to give him this gimmick after the reaction he got last night when he mentioned his jock strap.