WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Congratulations, you have the best thread of the day so far.

My favorite match of Bret's from a Summerslam was Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog. The atmosphere was amazing, fact that it was done from England was unique, story leading into the match with Diana and the fact Bret and Davey were brothers-in-law added that extra bit and made things come across as somewhat personal. Match itself was fantastic, Bret and Davey always had great chemistry, Bulldog put on the finest match of his career and in the process gained the finest moment of his career and one of the best in wrestling. Another great match of theirs was In Your House 5, highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...

Brother vs Brother in the cage in 94. One of the all time greatest storylines/fueds with one of the greatest matches of all time at that year's Summerslam.

I thought his match against the Taker in 97 was great until the goofy ending where HBK hits Taker with a chair. Not a big fan of ending a PPV main event like that. Bret should have won clean.

Bret vs Bulldog was excellent, but a tad bit overrated in my opinion.

Have not seen Bret vs Perfect in a looooooong time. Need to go track that one down.

Last edited by ShinobiMusashi : 04-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM

HitmanFan4ever is looking to come up from OCW...

its definatley between his matches with owen and bulldog but ill have to go with bulldog because not only did he deliver a 5 star match but it vaulted him into the main event
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

gotta go with 92 Bret vs Bulldog. the ending was great. they got the hart family involved so it ment something more then the belt. I have to say that was one of the best matches not just for bret but ever that match is in my top 10
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...The Fabulous Rougeau's is looking to come up from OCW...

So tough as his matches against Perfect, Bulldog and Owen are considered classics by everyone.

I would go with the Bulldog match. This was a IC title match that was the main event over a WWF championship match that involved Macho and Warrior. That right there shows where Bret was heading and the match itself was so good with so much drama and a simple but effective end that worked on every level. It is also the classic example of a guy who tops the mid card, drops the belt in grand style on his way out and gets to the top shortly after. This match is everything thats right about wrestling and the way programs and builds should go.

All American Boys
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Latinoeddy is looking to come up from OCW...

All the matches mentioned were awesome and any of those matches could be considered his best match at Summerslam. I also would like to mention the three tag matches from the first three Summerslams. The Brainbusters tag was really good, and the two Demolition tag matches were probably the best tag matches of Demolition's run in the WWF. He also had a fun match with Doink and King at 1993, and a good carry job at Summerslam 1995. Bret Hart is definitely Mr. Summerslam as far as putting on quality matches each year.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
MrGS1427

MrGS1427 is looking to come up from OCW...

To me it was the 1992 Summerslam match with the British Bulldog vs Bret Hart for the Intercontiental championship. It was what made me start watching wrestling and if it wasn't for that match I would probally have never watched wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Knockout Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

Agree totally with Bret being Mr.Summerslam. Oddly enough I think it fits both characters and their histories quite well that Bret is Summerslam and Shawn is Wrestlemania.

For my match I'm going to go with Bret vs Owen at Summerslam 94. Fantastic storyline that built to possibly the best cage match of all time, definitely the best cage match of the old WWF blue style bars anyway. The ending was just perfect and kept Owen looking strong in defeat too
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM

Will316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Slight edge to his Summerslam 1992 match over his 91 won..the fact that Bulldog apparently forgot some spots and Bret still made it the classic that it is, to me is remarkable.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Killercam is looking to come up from OCW...

Well 92 will be his Summerslam match that goes down as a top 50 of all time and maybe the top summerslam match ever, but since nobody has mentioned this one, how about the match at Summerslam 90 which stole the show (much how he made his career by stealing the show before he was the main event) and that was the tag title match at summerslam 90 vs Demolition. Sure Demo was on their last leg but this was the best tag match the HF ever had at a ppv and it was easily the best match of what was a pretty good ppv
sendpm.gif