WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Tyler44 is looking to come up from OCW...

Remember, online Chris Jericho is a legend. When I read about Jericho from online fans, he's this amazing, entertaining, mind-blowing wrestling god. He's an amazing heel, he's so talented, and is one of the best around.

And when I watch him on my television, I swear I'm watching another person...because I am. Jericho USED to be great. He USED to be very entertaining, very unique, and his mic skills were tremendous. Then, he left.

So he eventually returns (his last run before his current one). He took away all aspects to his character that made him who he was. He took away "Y2J", he lost his energy, and he became what he sent out to be...a good heel. He was very monotone, straight forward, and boring. That was good. For 3 weeks it worked. And then, 6 months passed and he was doing the exact same thing. It ran it's course. And then, he left.

He comes back to a little different side, and then that continues with that for 3 weeks too long. He eventually fits into his new character, which is a spitting image of his last boring run. His feud with Punk thus far has been boring, and Jericho's "amazing mic skills" have not been present yet. I see nothing amazing about him happening.

So in theory his return is still good, because he "is" a star. Star power was lacking about 2 months ago. But from my fan standpoint and my opinion, he's done nothing to make himself stand out, and he's been just average. Nothing huge and not terrible, Chris Jericho has come back, and even though he's still done nothing huge yet or memorable, he's still better than 80% of the talent in WWE right now. And remember, his feud with Punk is still going on.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:48 AM

Otacon is looking to come up from OCW...

Jericho is putting CM Punk over. He got people excited again, you can't deny that. Did you see him on Raw after mania? The fued isn't done, Jericho and Punk are both great in the ring. Just relax and let them tell the story in the ring.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude Era Junkie View Post
Give up on being a wrestling fan if you think he has decent mic skills. What are you? 12 years old? Just give up already.
Another ignorant Jericho fanboy. You are one of those Attitude Era fanboys who don't know what good Wrestling is. Attitude era was 80% promos and 20% Wrestling.

Mic skills are just a part of Pro-Wrestling. Wrestling skills are what matters in Pro-Wrestling.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 AM

bogey87 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
Another ignorant Jericho fanboy. You are one of those Attitude Era fanboys who don't know what good Wrestling is. Attitude era was 80% promos and 20% Wrestling.

Mic skills are just a part of Pro-Wrestling. Wrestling skills are what matters in Pro-Wrestling.
If what you say is true, why are Cena and Batista multiple world champions when they are not good wrestlers in terms of skills.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 AM
WZPC Tag Team Champion

Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...Galvatron is looking to come up from OCW...

People just don't get the "end of the world" line. How many people in history have said the world is gonna end and it didn't. That's the point. Just like everybody will be alive and well on December 22 2012. He slipped on a wet mat and people make fun of him, how about you all try to do that in the same situation and not slip. Oh wait, you all would slip too.

And for his return being a failure because he has lost most of his matches. You all realize that Vince McMahon decides who wins and loses, right? Do you also realize that Chris Jericho has no problem putting over younger talent that needs the win more?

There is a saying: "You can't fix stupid". Lesson over.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Master of the Aussie kiss
WCW TV Champion

Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...Sparky is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan View Post
Chris Jericho returned to WWE in 2012 after a 1 1/2 year hiatus. Jericho's return was good but WWE ruined it by having him turn heel. All he did was remain silent for weeks then in his buildup with CM Punk all he did was run his mouth for 2-3 weeks via titantron and
And it worked for the kind of fans who just watch wrestling. the kind who don't spend their free time talking about it online. My partner loved Jericho, loved watching his game show on youtube. Him not talking and that flashing jacket? She was abusing him through the tv every time he was on it.
Quote:
then after a mediocre performance
If it wasn't at the same PPV as The rock vs Cena and the HHH vs untertaker match, it would of seemed alot better.
Quote:
at Wrestlemania he lost to CM Punk.
Yet, if he had of won people would of complained about how he returned, did nothing and then one the belt. The fued hasn't finished yet, He will end up defeating Punk. most likely in a non title match, but he will still win. I'm failling to see how him losing in his first return fued is something so shocking though. Remember HBK when he returned and launched straight into a fued with Orton?

Quote:
He has ok mic skills and on 4/2/2012 RAW he slipped on live TV
He smashed a bottle of Jack daniels onto the ground. Simple mistake that could of happened to anybody.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 02:36 AM

Texas Tornado is looking to come up from OCW...

I've already seen Jericho have 4 heel runs. I get it. He's good at being a heel. But I'd like to see him have another decently-lengthed face run where he can crack jokes about other wrestlers on his Highlight Reel, interrupt confrontations that have nothing to do with him just to be involved in a match to help put over a young face, feud with a young heel to either be a foil or to put him over later.<<<True
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 AM

MayorMcCheese is looking to come up from OCW...

Jerichos return was mapped out well, but hotshot booking screwed it up.

He SHOULD HAVE WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE.

He needed that for his credibility. it made sense!

Then he goes to the chamber. Doesn't win.

Goes to WM, doesn't win.

WWE screwed this entire thing up because they cannot stick to a plan, I do not blame Jericho, his ring work, and his promo's are still Jericho caliber.

Also I blame wrestling fans, for ridiculous expectations
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Lord of the Ring. Get it!?!

Location: Indiana, but my hometown is Chicago. Best wrestling crowds!
LTDA is looking to come up from OCW...

I am LOVING Jericho's return so far. I don't care that he said he was going to accomplish one thing but did the exact opposite. His match with Punk at Mania was awesome, as were his promos from the titantron in the weeks leading up to Mania.

His recent attacks on Punk and the pouring of alcohol all over him and the smashing of the bottle have been fanfreakingtastic.

Internet nerds are just always going to find something to bitch about.
sendpm.gif